Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest slapshot

Next HC for Maryland?

50 posts in this topic

No problem with Durkin at all... strong recruiting and defensive background. Would want to make sure Locks stays as part of his staff, and would be looking to pair Durkin with a high quality OC.

Lots of smoke with Mullen though. Seems like things are about to move quickly.

Previous BSL articles on the Coaching search:
Updating MD's HC Search (Dan Mullen, Bill O'Brien, Pep Hamilton, Everett Withers, DJ Durkin)
4 More Potential Head Coaches (Justin Fuente, Mike Norvell, Lincoln Riley, and Dino Babers)
Learning More About Prospective MD Head Coaches (Scott Frost, PJ Fleck, Phillip Montgomery, and Matt Campbell)
Who Should be MD’s Next HC? (Comments from writers with ESPN, FOX Sports, Athlon, CBS Sports, Landry Football)

Fuente has joined Virginia Tech, Matt Campbell has joined Iowa State. Scott Frost to UCF.

The Mullen talk which was hot last week has cooled. Prior to Richt being dismissed at Georgia, the Durkin rumors were only rising.

Frank Reich has been interviewed.  Scott Milanovich has at-least been discussed.

EDIT: Now there is some Richt talk...

Edited by crstoner97

Updating MD's HC search...

4 More Potential Head Coaches (Justin Fuente, Mike Norvell, Lincoln Riley, and Dino Babers)Learning More About Prospective MD Head Coaches (Scott Frost, PJ Fleck, Phillip Montgomery, and Matt Campbell)Who Should be MD’s Next HC? (Comments from writers with ESPN, FOX Sports, Athlon, CBS Sports, Landry Football)

http://baltimoresportsandlife.comhttp://www.baltimoresportsandlife.com/forum/

ESPN just announced Fuente going to VaTech Edited by slapshot

I wonder what Michigan getting trucked yesterday does to their D coordinators chances. Probably not much, but doesn't look too good.

Edited by Brohan

I wonder what Michigan getting trucked yesterday does to their D coordinators chances. Probably not much, but doesn't look too good.

OSU was playing lights out yesterday. Motivated to, at least, have a shot to play in the BiG championship game. IMO, what you witnessed yesterday was a National Championship like performance.

I wouldn't think this will impact the Mich DC much.

OSU was playing lights out yesterday. Motivated to, at least, have a shot to play in the BiG championship game. IMO, what you witnessed yesterday was a National Championship like performance.

I wouldn't think this will impact the Mich DC much.

Michigan was pretty motivated but I get what you are saying.

Was Florida's D any good when he was down there? I know the team overall was not very good by Fla standards.

Michigan was pretty motivated but I get what you are saying.

Was Florida's D any good when he was down there? I know the team overall was not very good by Fla standards.

Had OSU not lost to MSU the previous weekend, I would have bet the bank that Michigan could have caught OSU napping, and been the one to knock them out of the playoffs. But after that loss, I knew Myers would get them focused and ready to play Michigan. As it was, prior to the Michigan game, I felt OSU was playing well below their potential. The giant has awoken, but alas, it may be too late?

As to Fuente at Florida - no idea, but the two VaTech alumni I know are very happy by this choice.

Edited by slapshot

Mark Richt?

He was mention on the local news/sports tonight's as a possible Md candidate.

Mark Richt?

That would be a homerun....  lots of talk that Durkin is going to be announced as early as tomorrow.

Mark Richt sure would be a great hire, but he has some other opportunities as well (Maryland, Miami, Missouri, South Carolina and Virginia, according to the article above). Maybe he'd like to escape the SEC.

Edited by Steveg85321

Locksley likely to be retained if the 2 sides can agree on a deal.  My guess is that they make him one of the highest paid assistants in the country with the $ the saved not hiring Mullen or Richt

I just hope it is at the request of the new coach.

It would be stupid to force Locksley on him.

I agree, but he would be stupid not to want Locksley to stick around.  Durkin doesn't have experience recruiting the DMV and needs an OC so it seems like a good fit.

I agree, but he would be stupid not to want Locksley to stick around.  Durkin doesn't have experience recruiting the DMV and needs an OC so it seems like a good fit.

He would be stupid to keep Locksley around if he is not a fit for his staff or for the offense he wants to run. 

There are about 50 schools who have out-recruited Locksley in the DMV.

Edited by Brohan

He would be stupid to keep Locksley around if he is not a fit for his staff or for the offense he wants to run. 

There are about 50 schools who have out-recruited Locksley in the DMV.

I agree with the first part, but the second is total crap.  There are a handful of schools that have arguably out-recruited Locksley in the DMV, but that's because they're playing from a stacked deck and already have every possible advantage against MD.  Locksley wasn't out-recruited when he was at UF or Illinois, that's for sure.  The only advantage MD really has over the other schools in the B1G is for kids who want to stay home, which is why they have been pushing the 'movement' - to persuade local kids take pride in their home school/state and build it into a winner.