Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Airman

The Wire

60 posts in this topic

I have a question to any "Wire" fans out there.

I don't have HBO and I rented season 1 from Blockbuster. I borrowed season 2 and bought season 3 and just completed watching it.

My question is, how many seasons are there in total? I seem to recall a thread about the last season being made right now or airing right now. Season 3 was made in 2004. Are there two more seasons that I haven't seen and a final one in production?

Anyone?

There is supposed to be a new season coming in the near future; I wish I knew when too because I cancelled HBO until it comes back on. If I hear anything I will let you know and I'd appreciate it if you would do the same for me.

I don't have HBO and I rented season 1 from Blockbuster. I borrowed season 2 and bought season 3 and just completed watching it.

My question is, how many seasons are there in total? I seem to recall a thread about the last season being made right now or airing right now. Season 3 was made in 2004. Are there two more seasons that I haven't seen and a final one in production?

Anyone?

There's a total of 4 seasons that have been on HBO. The 5th and final is due out late fall early winter

Yeah, you have one more season in the bank before you have to wait on the release of the new one. Its a good one too, follows Prez into his new job teaching at a Middle school.

Thanks everyone.

So, from what I understand, Season 4 is the one set in the school and the final season is in production right now.

That is pretty much it. It's not all in the school by the way, still follows the police work and the street gangs as well. I watched them all on DVD too, and the trick is to be able to sit and just watch an episode or maybe two. Man, the way the story arc goes I could easily sit up half the night watching 3-4 episodes in a sitting.

That is pretty much it. It's not all in the school by the way, still follows the police work and the street gangs as well. I watched them all on DVD too, and the trick is to be able to sit and just watch an episode or maybe two. Man, the way the story arc goes I could easily sit up half the night watching 3-4 episodes in a sitting.

No kidding. I watched an entire season in two sittings in two days.

I'm not normally a fan of the language used (because I don't like to be cursed at in my own home), but for some reason, the story just kept me watching.

No kidding. I watched an entire season in two sittings in two days.

I'm not normally a fan of the language used (because I don't like to be cursed at in my own home), but for some reason, the story just kept me watching.

Those HBO series are like that. The best shows on TV.

I watched the Wire "live" the 1st time and always hated it when it ended at 10PM. Same with the Soprano's. I watched them all again on dvd since I "taped" them.

I watched 5 hours of Rome on video this weekend since I didn't watch it "live" when it was on.

Geez, before I knew it it was 0300.

Airman:

Hubby and I bought all 3 seasons - we are anxiously awaiting season 4!

It is addictive!

I am told that this season will focus around a serial murderer who kills homeless people and how its covered by the media. I could be wrong, but that is the information I have received.

I am told that this season will focus around a serial murderer who kills homeless people and how its covered by the media. I could be wrong, but that is the information I have received.

That would makes sense in terms of how they choose a focus to explore

Yeah, you have one more season in the bank before you have to wait on the release of the new one. Its a good one too, follows Prez into his new job teaching at a Middle school.

Interesting from the standpoint that after watching the show for the first time, after about 20 minutes, I thought, wow, the police department is as inefficient as the public school system. I imagine Prez was prepared for the Byzantine bureacratic structure.

Anyone?

My wife who's done some work as an extra on the show informed me that this is the final season It'll begin airing in January 08'

Hmm I'm not so sure how such a storyline might align with the ones established by the previous seasons.They all seem to be a series of integral segments of a broader story that needs to be brought to a close. If it ties in any fashion into those loose ends created by the previous seasons, my guess is it'd create a scenerio begging for a renewal of the series, which I'd like to see happen. It would make for an intriging cliff-hanger for sure.

I drove past the set on Guilford ave a few times and saw several actors dressed up as 'homeless' people so you may be right. They were filming scenes like every other day around the Mt Royal/Guilford avenue area this past summer

I have IDed four seasons(series) of the wire:

1)Drug dealer goes to jail

2)Russian girls

3)Hampsterdam-

4)Bunny at school-Sarchetti election

is this correct?

I loved ROME(to return)

Hmm I'm not so sure how such a storyline might align with the ones established by the previous seasons.They all seem to be a series of integral segments of a broader story that needs to be brought to a close. If it ties in any fashion into those loose ends created by the previous seasons, my guess is it'd create a scenerio begging for a renewal of the series, which I'd like to see happen. It would make for an intriging cliff-hanger for sure.

Smithie's summary of the seasons got me thinking about this. He called season two "Russian Girls" and at first my reaction was no, it is about the docks, but at second thought the crime that is the story's genesis was indeed about Russian girls. I suspect the serial killer storyline (assuming that rumor is accurate) will provide a window into the lives of the homeless in much the way the investigation into the death of the girls provided a window into the dying way of life on the Baltimore docks. It will also, of course, bring the Major Crimes squad together and provide a venue for tying up most of those loose threads.

I have IDed four seasons(series) of the wire:

1)Drug dealer goes to jail

2)Russian girls

3)Hampsterdam-

4)Bunny at school-Sarchetti election

is this correct?

I loved ROME(to return)

I loved Rome as well but what does (to return) mean? I thought it was done?

They're replaying season 1 on "On Demand" this month. I love Omar..."You comes at the king, You best nots miss!"

I think Omar is most people's favorite character. He's bad, but he isn't, yet he really is. LOL!

I think Omar is most people's favorite character. He's bad, but he isn't, yet he really is. LOL!

If there has ever been better television then the episode where he testifies, I can't think of it.

If there has ever been better television then the episode where he testifies, I can't think of it.
That's definitely a classic.

After they finished filming this final season they made all of the clothing and props available to various organizations. One of them, South Baltimore Station, a rehabilitation center for men with addiction problems took a hefty donation. I brought some high school kids there through my job and we ended up sorting through all of the clothing. It was absolutely amazing seeing "weebay" on the tags and "Carcetti for Mayor" hoodies.

The moral of the story is, I now own one of Omar's trenchcoats! All I need is a sawed off shotgun and the costume will be complete.

Thanks everyone.

So, from what I understand, Season 4 is the one set in the school and the final season is in production right now.

Season five starts in january, season 4 is the best, I have a copy, early part of year someone put a copy online.