Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Airman

The Wire

60 posts in this topic

Robert F. Chew, who played Proposition Joe on 'The Wire,' dead at 52 .....

my grandmother lived a few blocks away from the repair shop he used as a HQ on the show and I walked past it all the time growing up on the eastside ......

always mad me smile on the seasons where he played a bigger part ....

RIP Prop Joe .......

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bal-proposition-joe-the-wire-robert-chew-dead-at-52-20130118,0,2016217.story

watching it again with my daughter who is home form college who had seen the 1st 3 seasons .......

finished season 4 last night and my daughter said it was her favorite ......

I had seen the 1st 3 seasons several times, but the 4th not as much so I had forgot some parts like the erhlich cameo when the republican governor was keeping the omalley wannabe waiting when he went to annapolis to beg for money for the school system....

she was surprised how little closure there was in the season ending episode so bring on the 5th .......

just named the best TV show of all time by entertainment weekly ........

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/bthesite/tv-lust/bal-the-wire-named-no-1-show-of-all-time-by-entertainment-weekly-20130627,0,5236844.story?track=rss

In the magazine's latest issue, out Friday, the writers and editors have named Baltimore-set social tapestry "The Wire" as the No. 1 TV show. Of all time. Here's what they had to say:

"The most sustained narrative in television history, The Wire used the drug trade in Baltimore, heavily researched by creator David Simon, to tell tales of race and class with unprecedented complexity. Politics, the war on drugs, labor unions, public education, the media — these were among the big themes, all examined through exquisitely drawn characters, such as the brilliant yet broken detective Jimmy McNulty (Dominic West) and the great avenging thug Omar Little (Michael K. Williams), who will live on in legend."

I was tagged a McNulty

My brother still occasionally calls me Proposition Joe because I'm big and often diplomatic...and I like pot.

just finished season 1 with my wife last night .........

she's like. oh no, not wallace .......

lol, I told her she would get attached to characters and this is real, the good guys don't win much .....

about the 4th time watching from the start ........

watched it when it was on originally and then with the daughter years later and now my wife finally wanted to watch it :) ......

ok, by me, I own them all and its still better than anything else on TV :) ......

just finished season 5 with the wife this weekend ......

3rd time watching the complete thing end to end for me and just a good as ever .......

love how the season 5 theme with the sun reporter came together with the brian williams controversy :) ......

also the thin blue line / police brutality issues in season 5 are really timely as well .....

I am working with a lot of British firms now and  when they ask me where I am from and I say "Baltimore" they always give me a funny look.