#1 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,294 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 December 2015 - 06:46 PM

First B1G game of the year..... at home.....  to a team that has lost to Radford, Duquesne, Colorado and George Washington??

Terps getting embarrassed by the Nittany Lions at Comcast.

Way to stink it up Maryland!

Terps down 10 with 6+ minutes left.

#2 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 06:48 PM

Hard to overcome A 20% shooting night.
The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#3 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,294 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:04 PM

Terps comes back and wins 70-64.

Reverse psychology works!!

#4 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:05 PM

Diamond Stone. That is all.
The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#5 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:32 PM

Great news for the local jerks who slurp penn state football and terps basketball.

#6 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,800 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:22 PM

Bad news for the local jerks who slurped Randy Edsall.

Stone might turn pro after that gem.
Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#7 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,390 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:43 PM

Diamond Stone. That is all.

He was a man on a mission.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#8 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,390 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:45 PM

Great news for the local jerks who slurp penn state football and terps basketball.

Which is basically nobody. You have made up an entire strawman opponent that does not exist.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#9 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,390 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:46 PM

If he has a couple games like that in the tournament he is gone for sure.

#10 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:44 PM

And all the roaches come out of the woodwork just like that. Glad you know who you are.

#11 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:39 PM

Oddly, Psu is one of those bottom feeders who seem to play up to the potential of the team they are playing. Last year they lost to a ranked Maryland by 6 pts the first time they met and then by 3 the second time. Even though psu is historically one of the weakest big ten teams, they always seem to find ways to put a scare into much better teams. I've followed big ten sports for decades, and I've learned never to take psu for granted....no matter how bad their record is.

Edited by slapshot, 30 December 2015 - 11:40 PM.

#12 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:43 AM

It's funny, I read a story by CSN that was saying that the Terps were forcing too many shots, etc.  I didn't see that.  I saw them missing tons of open jumpers, and some wide open 3's.  Some nights, the shots just don't fall.  PSU is another one of those "tweener" teams that the Terps have struggled with this year, but that really wasn't it.  They were running the offense, efficiently and not turning it over.  The Terps were tight, and also getting out rebounded - some of which were just unlucky bounces due to PSU's bricklaying skills. 

To me this win was one of the most impressive, if not for coming back from 13 down with 6 minutes to go, but even for Turg's coaching.  He coached this team up in this one.  I saw a team playing very smart in the second half, realizing that with their shots not falling, it was time to dish it off inside to Stone, and let the big man(kid) take over.  And boy did he ever!  Trimble was struggling with his shot, but he did a marvelous job of penetrating and finding Stone, whom PSU had no answer for. 

Back in 1998, the Terps were down by 18 to Wake with 3 minutes to go, and came back to win.  This game reminded me a lot of that.  The run to end the game was most impressive, when things evened out and the shots started falling.

#13 Filmstudy

Filmstudy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:20 AM

I was thinking that all during the 2nd half.  I don't see how or why he'd return for a 2nd season unless he's injured.

#14 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:31 AM

I was thinking that all during the 2nd half. I don't see how or why he'd return for a 2nd season unless he's injured.

Filmstudy the UNC game and you will see a couple hundred reasons why he may want to stay....at least a few hundred reasons why he should stay.

Competition is about to start getting a lot better.

Edited by Brohan, 31 December 2015 - 10:31 AM.

#15 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,000 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:07 AM

yea, I figured up to this point that trimble was gone but we would have stone for 2 years......

I might have figured wrong ......

They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#16 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,000 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

Which is basically nobody. You have made up an entire strawman opponent that does not exist.

ignore the troll ......

he'll be here all season pissing on the wins and laughing at the losses .......

They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#17 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

ignore the troll ......

he'll be here all season pissing on the wins and laughing at the losses .......

Just like you do all football season. 😉

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users