Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bartman

KEN, I pulled the Trigger!

15 posts in this topic

The now going on 9yr old Cyberpower rig is definitely slowing down lately, really long Boot & Load time, fans whining, you can hear them speeding up & slowing down just on Boot for no reason. I've been hunting prices for Months now betw CP & IBuypower and now CP is giving me the better price. Got enough Freebies here they put back in from the Black Friday sale, I don't need a powerful Video card since I don't do the New games at all anymore. What I need is the CPU for transcoding videos, most of what I do is burn DVDs with my Nero suite and this one has a Free Upgrade to a Blu-Ray Writer. Heck I'll pull the DVD burner from the old PC and have one of each in this one. Moving up to W10 would've saved me another $31 but I'll stick with W7. Could've saved More If I just got a Formatted drive since I already have a W7 disc & COA but let them set it all up. Don't know how to set up a Dual SSD & Std HD at once. I don't like fooling around in the BIOS & having to load all the Drivers myself. Let them do it. Only $758 Total w/Free Shipping.

Specs as follows:

BASE_PRICE: $605
BLKFRISALE1: ZALMAN ZM-HPS200 Gaming Headset [+0]
BLKFRISALE2: CyberpowerPC Gaming Mouse Pad [+0]
BLKFRISALE3: TP-LINK 802.11 AC Archer T1U AC450 Wireless 5GHz 433Mbps Nano USB Adapter [+0]
BLKFRISALE4: CM Storm Devastator - LED Gaming Keyboard/Mouse Combo [+0] (Black Color w/ Blue Light)
CASE: In-Win G7 w/ USB 3.0, EZ Swap HDD Dock [-25] (Black Color)
CASEUPGRADE: RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED 2x interior light strips (top, bottom) w/ Remote Controller [+0]
CD: LG 14X Internal Blu-ray Burner, BD-RE, 3D Playback DVD+RW Combo Drive (Black Color) Free Upgrade from DVD/CD Burner
CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
CASE FAN: Default case fans
FAN: Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Extreme Cooling Performance (Single Standard 120MM Fan) Free Upgrade from Asetek 510LC Cooler
HDD: 128GB SanDisk SSD + 1TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo [+43] (Combo Drive)
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG V3) Free Upgrade from 1600Mhz
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE 970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX w/ Ultra Durable 4 Classic, On/Off Charge, GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply SLI/CrossFireX Ready
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR [3 Year Labor, 1 Year Parts]
LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: AMD Radeon R7 360 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (Single Card)
PRICE: (+758)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
SUBTOTAL $758.00
Sales Tax (N/A) $0.00
Shipping: UPS Ground $75.00
Shipping Discount $-75.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------
GRAND TOTAL $758.00

Edited by Bartman

Congrats bro. That's actually a great price for those specs. The good thing is even if some new game comes out that you might want to try, that R7 will probably run it. Good job. 

Thanks Ken!

That's what happens when you Stew over it for Months. Almost did it on the Black Friday sale but just couldn't do it. Last minute Xmas & New Years sales came close and a few weeks ago Ibuypower came close but was I still wavering over it but thinking more about it. It's just the last 2 weeks the Old rig is getting shaky on Booting up and it's scaring me that it could Die on the next Boot. The Old CP rig is Intel Core2 Duo 2.63Mhz, 500GB HD & 6Mb RAM with Nvidea 8800GTS video in a brushed alum CoolerMaster case that came with Vista that I bumped up to W7 just last year and I think ran me something around $1000-1200 in  2007. I honestly never expected it to last 8-9yrs as before that I was getting a new PC every 3yrs or so and built one myself for kicks. Some people give CP bad reviews but this will be my 3rd from them since like 2002 or sometime around then. Ship date is supposed to be 2/12. Just had to go through the crap with changing my CC card address to Work so they will deliver it there as the Shipping & Billing addresses have to be the same. I don't want UPS to leave it on my porch! Can't wait now!

Edited by Bartman

You just see a lot of Bashing on CP on Tube & some customer reviews on Amazon & New Egg. Guess it's the old squeaky wheel axiom. Thought abt doing my own build one more time & threw 1/2 a dozen systems together on PC Partspicker till I just thought do I really want to get all this stuff delivered and then throw it all together? Nah, I'm too Lazy now in my Old Age. Besides the prices I'd get online weren't all that much different after totaling it all up. I kinda figured that out Years ago at the Computer shows after my 1st build way back when. Even at Discount, places like CP & Ibuy still get a Bigger cut from the manufacturers for the components than you do in the end. We'll see when I get it in a couple weeks.

161 Windows 7 Updates!!! :o :o :o

Faster and WAY Quieter than the old box with all the monster fans, D/L'd Nero Suite for burning, now I can burn Blu-Ray too, Panda Free AV installed. Got my Favs & Cookies transferred. Now transferring Pics, Videos and other Misc. media bit by bit from old machine. More software to D/L too. DivX, Handbrake, Any Video Converter and a couple other doo dads. Games are Last on my list, Kerbal and my old COD 1 & 2 discs. Will have to Buy new versions of Phantom EFX/WMS slots games as their whole website has been redone after Scientific Games bought both WMS and Bally Gaming. I can't D/L my Old purchases anymore. You can get the Real WMS slots on your phone, Jackpot Party and Goldfish slots apps for Free but they try to get you to Buy coins there. The PC Slots don't do that but you have to Buy the software Digital D/L or Discs straight up. Should have most all done by the end of the week just spending a couple or 3 hrs a day. Biggest thing is this Mid Tower is a bit smaller, I had forgotten that the Old PC was a Full Tower Behemoth!. Don't know what I'll do with it once I clean all my stuff off it. Still have the W7 disc and I could do a Full Reinstall and wipe the whole thing and start over again with it as a Spare PC maybe. We'll see.

Edited by Bartman

I'm a MORON!!!

Was loading all my Junk, you know Pics, Videos, Audiobooks & Music and a window popped up that the drive was out of space! WTF! Well I looked again in my file explorer and there was E:New Volume and realized That was the 1TB hard drive and I was shoving everything on the 128Mb SSD! OK move the Stuff over to the 1TB drive, no problemo. Never dawned on me that the 2 drives weren't somehow magically hooked up and both worked as one. I get it now, some stuff I need to run Fast I keep on the SSD and everything else can go on the Mech drive.

Otherwise I'm happy as a Pig in S with the new one so far.

My Freebies:

1) LED Lightshow - well the PC sits in the cubbyhole on the Rt side of the desk so I can't see it anyway. Turned it off. Maybe look at the Guts more later and pull it out for some other or later use.

2) CoolerMaster Devastator Storm Keyboard & Mouse.- Nice backlit Blue Kb & Mouse but seems harder to read than just plain white keys. sticking with my old Microsoft Kb & Mouse, I'm used to them.

3) Wireless USB Thingie - this little thing looks like the thing you get with a wireless mouse for a laptop. Plugged it in and it doesn't see my WiFi, sees a couple other neighbors but not mine. My Netgear router is probably too Old and doesn't have the latest Freq or whatever. Tried everything but no go. Doesn't matter as I have the PC on the Ethernet cable out of the wireless router anyway. My Laptop downstairs has WiFi built in and connects just fine.

4) Free CP Mousepad. Are you Kidding me? This thing is as big as a kitchen table Placemat! Seriously! It's Twice the size of any pad I've ever seen. Doesn't fit on my desk with my other crap. I'll keep it in its tube.

More comments Later.

More on the Freebies:

I showed the USB thingie to an IT guy at work and he showed me that it works on 802.11a, n and an while I realized my router is 802.11g, So it's useless to me.

I forgot to mention I also got a free Zalman headset which seems nice and I may try it out for something sometime. It has a mike so I guess I could narrate or add comments to any videos I might make later.

The PC doesn't care, that's plugged into the Ethernet port cause the router is upstairs right on the desk. Dell specs show the WiFi card in my laptop I keep on the side by the sofa downstairs 802.11 b/g/n. Hooks up just fine. And yes I have the router password secured unlike a couple of neighbors who just hooked their stuff up Open and I could siphon off them if I wanted to. The Internet Speedtest shows the same speeds on the laptop as the PC upstairs so I don't see the need. Phone hooks up to my WiFi fine too. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Edited by Bartman