Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Minivan hit-and-run last night in Fells Point (video footage)

baltimore fight cars fells point

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#1 bawlmer_fan

bawlmer_fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:39 AM

Incredible and sad footage from last night. Woman is in ICU. Cant catch this azzhole soon enough!

#2 Eastsider

Eastsider

Si vis bellum para pacem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:05 AM

What caused this to escalate to this level? I see nothing on local news

#3 bawlmer_fan

bawlmer_fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:09 AM

What caused this to escalate to this level? I see nothing on local news

A fight that escalated. No clue as to the reason, but most likely booze and testosterone. 
The story, per Facebook from a female friend of the hit-and-run victim, is that the woman who was hit was an employee of one of the bars and was walking out from work. Driver of the van was released from prison last week. He's been caught.

#4 Eastsider

Eastsider

Si vis bellum para pacem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:13 AM

A fight that escalated. No clue as to the reason, but most likely booze and testosterone. 
The story, per Facebook from a female friend of the hit-and-run victim, is that the woman who was hit was an employee of one of the bars and was walking out from work. Driver of the van was released from prison last week. He's been caught.

Wow.

#5 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:15 AM

My goodness! Calling such a person an animal is an insult to animals. :mad:

I pray that the victim recovers. :(

#6 genghiskhanraven

genghiskhanraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:16 AM

Welcome to Baltimore
I bet the driver has a dozen priors but the city didn't want to keep a criminal like that in jail since his momma said he was a good boy

Edited by genghiskhanraven, 06 February 2016 - 09:18 AM.

#7 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:17 AM

Welcome to Baltimore
I bet the driver has a dozen priori but the city didn't want to keep a criminal like that in jail since his momma said he was a good boy

I wonder if he even had a valid driver license and if the van was stolen. :rolleyes:

#8 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,275 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:21 AM

Just heard on WBAL a reference to a shooting in Fells Point, but nothing on the website.

Edit--I don't that that story was related to this incident.

https://www.facebook...&id=58771761955

Edited by Baltimatt, 06 February 2016 - 09:26 AM.

Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#9 genghiskhanraven

genghiskhanraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:21 AM

I wonder if he even had a valid driver license and if the van was stolen. :rolleyes:

Maybe he stole the van from a Baltimore Sun reporter and they now have a shared bond.
I bet they will find job applications all over that van, white privilege is responsible for this accident.

Edited by genghiskhanraven, 06 February 2016 - 09:22 AM.

#10 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,005 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:22 AM

That's crazy.....

Lucky no one was killed....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#11 Eastsider

Eastsider

Si vis bellum para pacem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:24 AM

I'm going out on a limb and say alcohol was a factor. But guns are bad.

#12 genghiskhanraven

genghiskhanraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:29 AM

I'm going out on a limb and say alcohol was a factor. But guns are bad.

I will also go out on a limb and say that releasing this person from prison last week was a mistake and the city's liberal legal system needs to use a little introspection and reconsider its view that the world is all fluffy bunnies, rainbows and unicorns and an approach of leniency towards violent criminals is best

Edited by genghiskhanraven, 06 February 2016 - 09:32 AM.

#13 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,275 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:23 AM

https://twitter.com/...978754368278529

https://twitter.com/...974687218778113

Btwn the Royal Farms shooting, Santa Clara triple shooting, & that ramming video, quite a bit of violence in Fells last night..

Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#14 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,275 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:28 AM

Outside the Dogwatch Tavern on Broadway, shattered glass and a boarded up window were the Saturday morning remnants of a dramatic fight and car crash that occurred earlier.

A Baltimore Police Department spokesman said it appeared to be unrelated to the shooting in the restaurant. Further information about that incident, which was captured on video, was not immediately available.

http://www.baltimore...0206-story.html

#15 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:35 AM

And who said we don't live in a violent society?

Mmmmm.....I wonder who?

#16 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:41 AM

I will also go out on a limb and say that releasing this person from prison last week was a mistake and the city's liberal legal system needs to use a little introspection and reconsider its view that the world is all fluffy bunnies, rainbows and unicorns and an approach of leniency towards violent criminals is best

Seems at least on Del in Md agrees with you....and email I received today from Del. Pat McDonough

Let me take a moment to tell you about a piece of legislation that I am introducing:  The Criminal Gun Control Act.  Gun violence by criminals is the real problem.  This bill will mandate that every criminal that is arrested and uses a firearm in the commission of a crime shall receive a mandated sentence of 10 years.  There will be no plea bargaining, dismissals, or early release.  The gun grabbers attack innocent citizens who believe in the Second Amendment as an excuse to stop or prevent gun violence.  We all know that this is a lie.  This is an honest bill that will prevent gun violence and the liberals in Annapolis are all prepared to vote against it.  Please contact my office if you would like to provide written testimony or come to Annapolis to testify in person at the bill hearing.

Again, thank you for your continued support.  You can be assured that I, also, will continue to do everything that I can to uphold our Second Amendment rights!

Del. Pat McDonough

410-841-3334

#17 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:47 AM

Since  no one else said it. And I admittedly always talk about dialing 911 and the cops beaming in.

Well I am humble enough to give credit where credit is due.

DAMN THOSE COPS WERE THERE IN A BLINK OF AN EYE. KUDOS TO THE PD .... ON THIS ONE.

#18 genghiskhanraven

genghiskhanraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:49 AM

Seems at least on Del in Md agrees with you....and email I received today from Del. Pat McDonough

Let me take a moment to tell you about a piece of legislation that I am introducing: The Criminal Gun Control Act. Gun violence by criminals is the real problem. This bill will mandate that every criminal that is arrested and uses a firearm in the commission of a crime shall receive a mandated sentence of 10 years. There will be no plea bargaining, dismissals, or early release. The gun grabbers attack innocent citizens who believe in the Second Amendment as an excuse to stop or prevent gun violence. We all know that this is a lie. This is an honest bill that will prevent gun violence and the liberals in Annapolis are all prepared to vote against it. Please contact my office if you would like to provide written testimony or come to Annapolis to testify in person at the bill hearing.

Again, thank you for your continued support. You can be assured that I, also, will continue to do everything that I can to uphold our Second Amendment rights!

Del. Pat McDonough
410-841-3334

2015 doesn't look like an "asterisk year", the Ferguson Effect with Mosby focusing on sending the cops to Prison instead of the bad guys is still a big problem.
Unfortunately his bill will be DOA, the liberals in Annapolis are working to get violent criminals earlier release and restoring the felons voting rights.
They believe violent criminals are more likely to vote for Democrats

Edited by genghiskhanraven, 06 February 2016 - 10:50 AM.

#19 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:00 AM

2015 doesn't look like an "asterisk year", the Ferguson Effect with Mosby focusing on sending the cops to Prison instead of the bad guys is still a big problem.
Unfortunately his bill will be DOA, the liberals in Annapolis are working to get violent criminals earlier release and restoring the felons voting rights.
They believe violent criminals are more likely to vote for Democrats

To be honest...what the bill is attempting to do....is pretty much on the books already. Except the years (in certain sub-paragraphs of the laws are 5 not 10) and i think trying to reinforce they can't be plea bargained away etc.

I have posted exact quotes from the MD Law books ....many many times...that attest to their pre-exhistance. And as support of the fact that the Liberal MD court system ROUTINE IGNORES THOSE LAWS.

Edited by Guido2, 06 February 2016 - 11:02 AM.

#20 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,392 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:13 PM

Seems like a picked a good night to stay home and play trivial pursuit with the family

Edited by demopublican, 06 February 2016 - 01:26 PM.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: baltimore, fight, cars, fells point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users