bawlmer_fan

Minivan hit-and-run last night in Fells Point (video footage)

265 posts in this topic

Incredible and sad footage from last night. Woman is in ICU. Cant catch this azzhole soon enough!

What caused this to escalate to this level? I see nothing on local news

What caused this to escalate to this level? I see nothing on local news

A fight that escalated. No clue as to the reason, but most likely booze and testosterone. 

The story, per Facebook from a female friend of the hit-and-run victim, is that the woman who was hit was an employee of one of the bars and was walking out from work. Driver of the van was released from prison last week. He's been caught.

A fight that escalated. No clue as to the reason, but most likely booze and testosterone. 

The story, per Facebook from a female friend of the hit-and-run victim, is that the woman who was hit was an employee of one of the bars and was walking out from work. Driver of the van was released from prison last week. He's been caught.

Wow.

My goodness! Calling such a person an animal is an insult to animals. :mad:

I pray that the victim recovers. :(

Welcome to Baltimore

I bet the driver has a dozen priors but the city didn't want to keep a criminal like that in jail since his momma said he was a good boy

Edited by genghiskhanraven

Welcome to Baltimore

I bet the driver has a dozen priori but the city didn't want to keep a criminal like that in jail since his momma said he was a good boy

I wonder if he even had a valid driver license and if the van was stolen. :rolleyes:

I wonder if he even had a valid driver license and if the van was stolen. :rolleyes:

Maybe he stole the van from a Baltimore Sun reporter and they now have a shared bond.

I bet they will find job applications all over that van, white privilege is responsible for this accident.

I'm going out on a limb and say alcohol was a factor. But guns are bad.

I'm going out on a limb and say alcohol was a factor. But guns are bad.

I will also go out on a limb and say that releasing this person from prison last week was a mistake and the city's liberal legal system needs to use a little introspection and reconsider its view that the world is all fluffy bunnies, rainbows and unicorns and an approach of leniency towards violent criminals is best

Outside the Dogwatch Tavern on Broadway, shattered glass and a boarded up window were the Saturday morning remnants of a dramatic fight and car crash that occurred earlier.

A Baltimore Police Department spokesman said it appeared to be unrelated to the shooting in the restaurant. Further information about that incident, which was captured on video, was not immediately available.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-triple-shooting-20160206-story.html

And who said we don't live in a violent society?

Mmmmm.....I wonder who?

I will also go out on a limb and say that releasing this person from prison last week was a mistake and the city's liberal legal system needs to use a little introspection and reconsider its view that the world is all fluffy bunnies, rainbows and unicorns and an approach of leniency towards violent criminals is best

Seems at least on Del in Md agrees with you....and email I received today from Del. Pat McDonough

Let me take a moment to tell you about a piece of legislation that I am introducing:  The Criminal Gun Control Act.  Gun violence by criminals is the real problem.  This bill will mandate that every criminal that is arrested and uses a firearm in the commission of a crime shall receive a mandated sentence of 10 years.  There will be no plea bargaining, dismissals, or early release.  The gun grabbers attack innocent citizens who believe in the Second Amendment as an excuse to stop or prevent gun violence.  We all know that this is a lie.  This is an honest bill that will prevent gun violence and the liberals in Annapolis are all prepared to vote against it.  Please contact my office if you would like to provide written testimony or come to Annapolis to testify in person at the bill hearing.

Again, thank you for your continued support.  You can be assured that I, also, will continue to do everything that I can to uphold our Second Amendment rights!

Del. Pat McDonough

410-841-3334

Since  no one else said it. And I admittedly always talk about dialing 911 and the cops beaming in.

Well I am humble enough to give credit where credit is due.

DAMN THOSE COPS WERE THERE IN A BLINK OF AN EYE. KUDOS TO THE PD .... ON THIS ONE.

Seems at least on Del in Md agrees with you....and email I received today from Del. Pat McDonough

Let me take a moment to tell you about a piece of legislation that I am introducing: The Criminal Gun Control Act. Gun violence by criminals is the real problem. This bill will mandate that every criminal that is arrested and uses a firearm in the commission of a crime shall receive a mandated sentence of 10 years. There will be no plea bargaining, dismissals, or early release. The gun grabbers attack innocent citizens who believe in the Second Amendment as an excuse to stop or prevent gun violence. We all know that this is a lie. This is an honest bill that will prevent gun violence and the liberals in Annapolis are all prepared to vote against it. Please contact my office if you would like to provide written testimony or come to Annapolis to testify in person at the bill hearing.

Again, thank you for your continued support. You can be assured that I, also, will continue to do everything that I can to uphold our Second Amendment rights!

Del. Pat McDonough

410-841-3334

2015 doesn't look like an "asterisk year", the Ferguson Effect with Mosby focusing on sending the cops to Prison instead of the bad guys is still a big problem.

Unfortunately his bill will be DOA, the liberals in Annapolis are working to get violent criminals earlier release and restoring the felons voting rights.

They believe violent criminals are more likely to vote for Democrats

2015 doesn't look like an "asterisk year", the Ferguson Effect with Mosby focusing on sending the cops to Prison instead of the bad guys is still a big problem.

Unfortunately his bill will be DOA, the liberals in Annapolis are working to get violent criminals earlier release and restoring the felons voting rights.

They believe violent criminals are more likely to vote for Democrats

To be honest...what the bill is attempting to do....is pretty much on the books already. Except the years (in certain sub-paragraphs of the laws are 5 not 10) and i think trying to reinforce they can't be plea bargained away etc.

I have posted exact quotes from the MD Law books ....many many times...that attest to their pre-exhistance. And as support of the fact that the Liberal MD court system ROUTINE IGNORES THOSE LAWS.

Edited by Guido2

Seems like a picked a good night to stay home and play trivial pursuit with the family

Edited by demopublican

Incredible and sad footage from last night. Woman is in ICU. Cant catch this azzhole soon enough!

Holy hell! Wow!! :(

Good to know that the Mayoral debate over candidates use of African American vendors for their campaigns is front and center while the dumpster fire rages on

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-triple-shooting-20160206-story.html

Police arrested a man, identified as Orlando Redd, 37, of Parkville, in connection with a violent series of events captured on video. Police said Redd was driving a van, which twice struck a parked vehicle on Broadway, before driving it in reverse, onto a sidewalk, running over a 27-year-old woman who had just departed a bar. The woman was hospitalized with serious injuries, but she is expected to survive, Smith said.

Charge No: 3 CJIS/Traffic Code: 1 1420 Description: ASSAULT-FIRST DEGREE Plea: NOT GUILTYPlea Date: 06/11/2004 Disposition: SENTENCE CHANGED Disposition Date: 08/20/2009 Verdict: GUILTYVerdict Date:06/11/2004

Sentence Starts: 09/09/2004 Sentence Date:08/20/2009

Sentence Time: Yrs:12Mos:00Days:00Confinement :NC

12 years in 2009.

Guess he got out early. 

Edited by demopublican

Charge No: 2 CJIS/Traffic Code: 1 1398 Arrest/Citation No: 0000000 Description: ASSAULT - W/INTENT MURDER Plea: GUILTYPlea Date: 01/29/1998 Disposition: PROBATION AFTER CONVICTION Disposition Date: 01/29/1998 Verdict: GUILTYVerdict Date:01/29/1998 Court Costs:$560

Sentence Starts: 06/04/1997 Sentence Date:01/29/1998

Sentence Time: Yrs:20Mos:00Days:00Confinement :NC Suspended Time: Yrs:19Mos:04Days:01 Probation Time: Yrs:05Mos:00Days:00Type:Supervised