#1 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,390 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:53 AM

#1 and #2 both lost on the road to unranked in conference teams. #3 Maryland took care of business at home against a good ranked conference team. Do they move up to #2 or #1?

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#2 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,390 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:23 AM

http://espn.go.com/b...and-1b-in-polls

Thanks to losses by Oklahoma and North Carolina, a new No. 1 in college basketball will likely be unveiled Monday when the Associated Press and USA Today Coaches polls are released. The vote could again be split. Maryland has made a strong case for the top spot with four straight wins, including victories over ranked teams Iowa and Purdue. The Terrapins have star power with arguably the nation's best closer in guard Melo Trimble. Maryland is currently ranked No. 3 in the coaches poll. Villanova also has a strong argument, having won 12 of its last 13 and avenging its only loss during that span by beating No. 11 Providence 72-60 Saturday. The Wildcats are currently ranked No. 3 in the Associated Press poll.

Edited by demopublican, 07 February 2016 - 11:26 AM.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#3 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:57 AM

Villanova was very impressive in it's win against Providence.  I'd have to say that the Terps will be either #2 or #3.  Carolina will drop out of the top 5, Oklahoma might still wind up #2.  The vote should be pretty split though. 

The Terps made their case with a solid win against a very good Purdue team, despite some shooting woes at times, they did what they've done all season - and that is pull away in crunch time.  The game was terrific, felt like two heavyweight fighters struggling for control, but other than a brief moment when the Terps fell behind by 4, I didn't think they were in danger of losing.  They were playing smart and efficient, they just missed quite a few easy layups, and some very wide open shots that had any of them fallen, they probably could have won a little more comfortably. 

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#4 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,390 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:15 PM

So you are saying Nova gets one and Md is 3?

It's not critical now anyway. Stay in the hunt for a #1 seed. That will be decided by the B1G tournament. Win that and we get a #1 seed. Lose and it's 2 or worse.

#5 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:22 PM

So you are saying Nova gets one and Md is 3?

It's not critical now anyway. Stay in the hunt for a #1 seed. That will be decided by the B1G tournament. Win that and we get a #1 seed. Lose and it's 2 or worse.

A #1 for now would be fun, but I agree not critical. I'm generally ambivalent about conference tourney championships, but winning this one would be huge for sure. That Purdue victory to me showed them to be a tough bunch of honchos, but man they could not buy a bucket. It sure would be easier if some of those shots would fall through, but those guys seem to be able to just work harder. That interior defense against the Boilermakers was stifling.

#6 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:48 PM

A #1 for now would be fun, but I agree not critical. I'm generally ambivalent about conference tourney championships, but winning this one would be huge for sure. That Purdue victory to me showed them to be a tough bunch of honchos, but man they could not buy a bucket. It sure would be easier if some of those shots would fall through, but those guys seem to be able to just work harder. That interior defense against the Boilermakers was stifling.

That's the potential greatness of this team.  When their shots are falling, they are close to unbeatable.  When they are not, the work harder and find a way to win the games.  The Terps are a very underrated defensive team, though maybe some are taking notice now.  In particular, Jake Layman is really bothering perimeter shooters with his length, as is Sulaimon.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#7 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,390 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:25 PM

#2 USA Today

#4 AP Top 25 (Unchanged)

#4 RPI Rankings (Unchanged)

That is good.  No #1 Target on our backs. 

#8 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:31 PM

The AP has consistently been less impressed than the coaches poll.  Interesting...

#9 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:03 PM

Actually the Terps are #2 in the AP poll as well.  I think maybe you were looking at last week's poll.

13 first place votes out of 43...11 out of 22 in the coaches poll.

#10 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:27 PM

2016 NCAA Men's Basketball Rankings - Week 14 (Feb. 8)

#11 daravenator

daravenator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,132 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:06 PM

they look well coached and have good ball movement they are fun to watch.

#12 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,390 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:51 PM

Actually the Terps are #2 in the AP poll as well.  I think maybe you were looking at last week's poll.

13 first place votes out of 43...11 out of 22 in the coaches poll.

Strange,  I must have hit Yahoo when they had one poll updated and one static 

#13 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:46 AM

Well, finally the #2 team got an easy game for the first time since demolishing OSU :D

Kinda nice to see the reserves getting some PT and showing some value.

#14 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:10 AM

As I predicted(not here), two of the teams that Lunardi had as #1 seeds instead of the Terps both lost(Iowa, Oregon).  In Oregon's case, they are done from being a #1 seed consideration as their loss was horrible.  Iowa is still in the mix, but would have to win the Reg season and go deep in the B1G tourney, or win the B1G tourney to get it.  Terps have to be considered a #1 seed now, and are in the driver's seat.  Essentially the way the schedule is looking, they'll need to win either @Purdue, or @Indiana to ensure the B1G Reg season title.  They could lose both and still likely win it, or tie for the title. 

#15 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,018 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:23 PM

don't see Nova losing to Saint Johns so we're staying at #2 if we beat Wisky

#16 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:14 PM

Crazy nite. Iowa and NC unexpectedly lose. Terps have a good chance to get into top 4 on Monday and be back in play for a top seed. Whacky year...

#17 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,018 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:58 AM

alien- Penn St fans acted like they won the title. NC collapsed.

#18 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:13 AM

alien- Penn St fans acted like they won the title. NC collapsed.

Yeah, NC sure did!  Man, I was watching them thinking, they just might be THE team this year, they looked really good up until the last five minutes, and suddenly they looked panicked and completely lost!  I'll begrudgingly give Duke a bit of credit, that skinny freshmen is a PTP'er, and they are red hot right now, but still, Carolina had the game in hand and completely blew it.  For the life of me I cannot fathom why they didn't go inside once Plumlee had 4 fouls.  It's like Coach Williams just had a total brainfart.

As for Iowa, I was talking to a friend about that game two days ago, and mentioned that it wouldn't be easy for Iowa going to PSU. 

#19 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,018 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

Coach Williams appeared to be in a daze after the game.

PSU played the Terps tough earlier in the season but that was here.

#20 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:07 PM

Terps continue to absolutely stink. Turgeon can't coach. Trimble playing with his head up his arse. Not going anywhere this year...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users