• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#21 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,939 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:19 PM

I think Melo has a case of self-inflicted head games going on.  His shot is gone.  The same guy who was making everything from everywhere all season long, the guy who would drain a step back jumper or come off a screen to hit the shot EVERY SINGLE TIME an opponent got momentum going... can't get anything to drop right now.  It's just strange.  And the rest of the team is pressing too.  The goofy thing Layman just did to try to dribble the length of the floor to make a statement is all mental.

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#22 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:35 PM

Yea, look bad tonight but comeback in the works here with 10 minutes left ......

I hope ......

At least caps winning, ovi with 2 goals and kuzy with a great assist .....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#23 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,939 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:58 PM

Melo with an airball on a mid-range jumper with a chance to retake the lead... it's all mental right now...

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#24 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:12 PM

First big ten win for Minny over Md

Crazy year. Lots of upsets.

#25 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:14 PM

Delete

Edited by slapshot, 18 February 2016 - 10:14 PM.

#26 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:32 AM

Trimble has been in major funk for weeks ....

Has he blown his shot at a 1st round draft slot since he seriously can't be considered a wooden candidate anymore ....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#27 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,383 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:56 AM

Supposedly Trimble is fighting an injury, but that does not explain the way he is playing mentally.  Making idiotic decisions and turnovers.  The game essentially ended with another stupid decision on his part trying to force the ball to Layman with the chance to win instead of driving to the basket. 

Right now he is a major liability on the court and is the main reason the Terps have lost two in a row that they should not have lost. 

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#28 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:31 AM

alien- and Sulaimon is reckless at times, too. He must've driven Coach K nuts on the court, too.

#29 bernieb.

bernieb.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:47 AM

Trimble has been in major funk for weeks ....

Has he blown his shot at a 1st round draft slot since he seriously can't be considered a wooden candidate anymore ....

Trimble, Carter and Stone will probably be back at Maryland next year, if they don't transfer to another school. Forget about the NBA for the three. They definitely need more seasoning before considering themselves ready for the NBA draft.

#30 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,397 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:14 AM

I seriously doubt Stone will be back. 50/50 on the other two but anyone with a first round projection would be stupid to stay.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#31 mcorioles

mcorioles

Hypocrisy Exposer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,408 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:56 AM

Trimble, Carter and Stone will probably be back at Maryland next year, if they don't transfer to another school. Forget about the NBA for the three. They definitely need more seasoning before considering themselves ready for the NBA draft.

Isn't Carter a Senior?

IMO seems like Turgeon is the polar opposite of Gary.Great recruiter bad coach.

Edited by mcorioles, 20 February 2016 - 11:57 AM.

#32 bernieb.

bernieb.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:38 PM

Isn't Carter a Senior?

IMO seems like Turgeon is the polar opposite of Gary.Great recruiter bad coach.

Carter is a junior

#33 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,383 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:45 PM

Wild game against Michigan. Another team dropping a ridiculous number of threes, and Terps looked lost on defense. Trimble still playing reckless and stupid at times, but made the free throws in the end to seal it. Layman and Carter had good games. Crazy week for the top 10 teams.
The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#34 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

the trey Mich hit with about ten seconds to go was nuts. 

#35 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,383 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:30 AM

the trey Mich hit with about ten seconds to go was nuts. 

Yes, it was, but Mich is the best 3 point shooting team in the conference, and I think they hit something like 14 of 27 for the game.  This game had me nervous because I knew if they got hot, and they did, that they would rain them down with abandon and present a real problem.  There is no defense against lights out shooting, and when the Terps tried, they started getting beat easily inside on pick and rolls. 

You could tell the Terps really, really wanted this game, and their hustle was definitely there, especially on the offensive boards.  Aside from another high turnover game(and again, Melo is just seemingly completely lost lately), they played pretty well and their offense was clicking.  Somehow, someway, Melo has to get his confidence back, and start making better decisions.  His shot was a bit better, but he's still not playing at a good enough level to go very far.  This team will go as he goes, meaning they can win it all if he plays to his potential, or they can be one and done if he plays as he is currently. 

I know they talk about him battling injury, but that doesn't explain the poor decision making, which he has been doing a ton of lately.  Most of his turnovers are lack of concentration, and making horrible decisions.  Turgeon has got to get this kid playing smarter.  Yesterday, prime example, with under 2 minutes to go, and a five point lead, instead of taking 20 - 25 seconds off of the clock, he hoists an early shot to try and be the big hero.  Dumb!  Mich scores right away, and it's a game again.  He single handedly lost the game against Minnesota, and did nothing right against Wisconsin.  He had 13 points yesterday, and hit those 2 FT's at the end to ice it, but at times it felt they were winning despite him.  It's good that Turg is getting Brantley some PT, because they are likely going to need him. 

On the flip side, Carter is looking more like an NBA first round pick(and getting higher).  Man that kid has some serious moves and size.  Stone I think really needs another year along with Trimble before he comes out.  He's got worlds of talent, but he's still not quite there yet. 

#36 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:15 PM

alien - couldn't agree more about Carter- he's been a beast

#37 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,383 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:36 PM

10th in AP, 9th in USA Today.

Right where I figured.

#38 mcorioles

mcorioles

Hypocrisy Exposer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,408 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:27 PM

They have to win out and get to the finals of the B10 tourney or maybe even win it to get a 2 seed.

#39 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,383 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:24 AM

Iowa dropped at home to Wisconsin in a terrific game, and is any team more frightening to play in the B1G than Wisconsin right now?  As inconceivable as it seemed a month ago, the Badgers are in contention for the league title. 

#40 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:32 AM

alien- I 'm thinking  the b10 gets six dance tickets. what's your hunch?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users