Well, I'd say:

Michigan St

Maryland

Iowa

Indiana

Purdue

Wisconsin

Michigan(bubble)

I think Wisconsin could leapfrog Indiana and Purdue, but probably not Maryland or Iowa, unless both fall completely flat.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#42 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

alien- I've got  these three on the bubble depending on how they finish the season

Michigan    10-6  20-9
Ohio State 10-6  18-11
Purdue       9-6    21-7

#43 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,383 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:21 PM

OSU I think is a longshot, but yeah, they could be considered a bubble team.

You may be right about Purdue.  That conference record is hurting them, despite being a top 20 team with a nice overall record.  Their game against the Terps is HUGE for them.  Should be a hell of a battle. 

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#44 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:05 PM

alien :  2 tough ones and you never know about the Cornhuskers
Sat Feb 27 MD

Tue Mar 1 at NEB

Sun Mar 6 WISC

Edited by Fumes, 25 February 2016 - 01:15 PM.

#45 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:38 PM

OSU I think is a longshot, but yeah, they could be considered a bubble team.

You may be right about Purdue.  That conference record is hurting them, despite being a top 20 team with a nice overall record.  Their game against the Terps is HUGE for them.  Should be a hell of a battle.

Look at Vegas odds makers. Look at the RPI. Purdue is top 25 RPI. Only MSU and Maryland are higher in the BiG.

OSU is out (not bubble). Nebraska, while coming on strong, is not in the discussion. Locks to make the Dance are MSU, Iowa, Maryland (3 seed) and IU. Next up at 98% is Purdue followed by Wisc 92%. Michigan is a real bubble team at 65%. Six or seven bids for the BiG if Mich gets in. All bets off if Nebraska, OSU, Mich or an outside wins the BiG tourney.

Of course, any team, of the teams that are not a lock (ie, Purdue, Wisc or Mich could flop and drop out of the running. But as of the latest Vegas predictions it's MSU (2 seed), Maryland (3 seed), Iowa, 4 seed, IU (4 seed), Purdue 5 seed and Wisky 6 seed.

#46 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:55 PM

slap - agree on the four  locks , not sold on Purdue.

#47 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:11 PM

slap - agree on the four  locks , not sold on Purdue.

Well, Vegas is not saying they are a lock, just 98% certainty. They have them winning two of their next three games. Probably the two home games.

#48 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:17 PM

The only teams that have any chance to bump Purdue out (assuming 6 bids) are Mich and OSU. I believe Wisky is in (that makes 5). Mich plays Wisc @Madison and then Iowa. OSU has Iowa and the MSU @Lansing. That said, Mich and OSU splitting their remaining two games won't bump Purdue out, even if Purdue loses all three remaining games. Purdue has too high a RPI. Winning two, and they are comfortably in. Winning even one, and they are most likely in, and if they don't win one more game, I think Mich has to win both of their remaining two games to bump Purdue out.

However, if for some reason the BiG only gets 5 bids (I'll be extremely surprised if that happens), then Wisc could be the last bid in.

Edited by slapshot, 25 February 2016 - 03:24 PM.

#49 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:36 PM

slap- yes B10 will get a minimum of six. Honestly, I'm surprised at Purdue's RPI cuz they underwhelm me..

#50 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:25 PM

slap- yes B10 will get a minimum of six. Honestly, I'm surprised at Purdue's RPI cuz they underwhelm me..

They only had one bad loss, against Illinois, away. All but one of their 6 in-conference losses were away. Their only home loss was to Iowa, when Iowa looked invincible.

They crushed the teams they should crush, and had a number of quality wins this season, including Vandy (4th in SEC), Florida (who beat WVa, 7th in SEC), Pitt (above 0.500 in ACC, and most likely tourney bound), Wisc @Madison (no easy feat to win on their court), and Mich State.

Unless Maryland has a strong night hitting 3's (Purdue Achilles heal), it could be a long night at Mackey Arena - one of the loudest college arenas out there.

http://www.stadiumjo...key-arena-s784/

"Atmosphere 4

The circular design of the arena and the slightly small size of the arena space means that the arena can get quite loud. It is one of the loudest college arenas I have experienced. In 2008, USA Today named Mackey Arena one of the "10 great places to get pumped for NCAA action."

Also, what they failed to mention is that the roof design is made such that is purposely reflects and concentrates the noise....almost like a lens concentrates light.

Key for Purdue will be to get better play from their guards....which has been extremely inconsistent.

Edited by slapshot, 25 February 2016 - 05:37 PM.

#51 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:40 AM

slap- don't get me started on Pitt ;)   - they need a deep run in the ACCT to get off the bubble

#52 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:19 PM

slap- don't get me started on Pitt ;)   - they need a deep run in the ACCT to get off the bubble

The betting site I referred to previously would agree. They have Pitt at 50% chance to make the NCAA. They're right there with Gonzaga, in terms of chances of getting in.

#53 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:32 PM

slap - are they thinking the WCC is only getting it's tournament winner

TEAM CONF. W-L TOT. W-L RPI RANK

St. Marys 14-3     23-4      56

Gonzaga 14-3     22-7       68

BYU 13-4            22-8               70

Edited by Fumes, 26 February 2016 - 02:33 PM.

#54 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

slap - are they thinking the WCC is only getting it's tournament winner
TEAM CONF. W-L TOT. W-L RPI RANK
St. Marys 14-3     23-4      56
Gonzaga 14-3     22-7       68
BYU 13-4            22-8               70

St Mary's at 70% chance to make the NCAA, with projected w/l of 25-4 {Best RPI and best W/L record}
BYU 28%, 23-8
Gonzaga 55%, 22-8

Edited by slapshot, 26 February 2016 - 02:50 PM.

#55 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2016 - 03:55 PM

slap- don't get me started on Pitt ;) - they need a deep run in the ACCT to get off the bubble

FYI - Pitt simply destroying Dooook. Pitt 76 - #15 Dook 57 with 2:11 minutes left in the game.

Purdue's win against Pitt looking better all the time.

Announcers saying Pitt likely "punched their ticket to the NCAA" with this "statement" win.

Edited by slapshot, 28 February 2016 - 04:00 PM.

#56 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:45 PM

slap- let's just say my gut had a bad  weekend  ;)

#57 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:26 PM

slap- let's just say my gut had a bad  weekend  ;)

I understand.

I often have similar weekends.

Cheers.

#58 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:06 PM

big win over Illinois. Nice to see Nickens playing better. plus we're getting a double bye in the B10T

#59 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:30 PM

The win over the Illini did allow them to get the double bye, so that's good....I guess.

But, a numerically big win at home, against Illinois (a team that's going nowhere in the post season), is not really relevant to the bigger objective.

Win against IU @Bloom this weekend, would be significant (ie, Huuuuuuuuuge), and, IMO, a momentum builder.

Edited by slapshot, 04 March 2016 - 02:32 PM.

#60 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,397 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:48 PM

The win over the Illini did allow them to get the double bye, so that's good....I guess.But, a numerically big win at home, against Illinois (a team that's going nowhere in the post season), is not really relevant to the bigger objective.Win against IU @Bloom this weekend, would be significant (ie, Huuuuuuuuuge), and, IMO, a momentum builder.

I agree. But the team and fans had a great time for Senior Day. That three pointer by Varun Ram was fantastic.

Edited by demopublican, 05 March 2016 - 12:48 PM.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users