#2 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,623 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:14 AM

http://news.berkeley...or-mens-health/

Male friendships, portrayed and often winked at in bromance movies, could have healthful effects similar to those seen in romantic relationships, especially when dealing with stress, according to a new study of male rats by researchers at the University of California, Berkeley.  

Human studies show that social interactions increase the level of the hormone oxytocin in the brain, and that oxytocin helps people bond and socialize more, increasing their resilience in the face of stress and leading to longer, healthier lives. Studies of male-female rat pairs and other rodents, such as monogamous prairie voles, confirm these findings.

Sorry, I like reading stuff, not watching videos.

Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#3 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:23 AM

not a problem, it's America.....freedom of choice.

#4 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:31 AM

I have One friend and only see him once a week at the Sat nite poker game. We don't "Hang Out" otherwise, he's Retired and I still have to Work. Other "Friends" I've had have gone off in their own directions over the years. There are people I work with everyday but I don't see them outside of work. Why? I see them every day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News you can use

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users