Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gizmo

'The Most Interesting Man in the World' is being retired

8 posts in this topic

Dos Equis is retiring it's 'Most Interesting Man in the World'

After roughly nine years, the brewer of Dos Equis beer has decided maybe the world's reigning "Most Interesting Man" isn't so interesting anymore.

As a result, the tan, suave, impressively bearded "Most Interesting Man in the World" is about to embark on his final journey over the next few months before fading into the pantheon of advertising icons.

But the man, who jaunts around the world on enviable adventures while often surrounded by beautiful women, certainly made life more interesting — and successful — for the previously under-the-radar Mexican beer brand.

Dos Equis, owned by Amsterdam-based brewer Heineken, nearly tripled its business since the campaign was introduced,...

Edited by Gizmo

They called me but I told them I wasn't interested.

Dos Equis is one of my favorite beers because of its taste, but that is not what you can advertise (that would be like promoting a presidential candidate with an actual platform - who the heck votes based on that?). You build brand with an image, and that campaign was a direct hit IMO. It would be fun if that guy, and his beautiful women, went to work for some other product, but it would probably just make people think of beer.

They called me but I told them I wasn't interested.

I'd pay good money to see that commercial :D

I'd pay good money to see that commercial :D

I wonder why you never see beer commercials use a spokesperson with a bona fide beer gut.

I wonder why you never see beer commercials use a spokesperson with a bona fide beer gut.

John Madden, Miller Lite.  You're welcome :D

Haven't seen many of those commercials lately so I don't think the new guy worked out for them.