Brohan

2016 Season

13 posts in this topic

Nice to see Towson and Loyola off to great starts.

How awful is UVA? God they suck.

Hopkins is a disaster this year as well.  UMBC continues the tradition of mediocrity. 

The best lax in MD is at the D3 level.  The Gulls and The Stangs put on a great show for low prices and high speed offenses.  Shoot a good community college game around here beats watching Michigan v OSU.   HCC v Essex this week.

He only wants to throw stones at UVA.  He has no intention to actually discuss the subject.  

Hopkins is a disaster this year as well. UMBC continues the tradition of mediocrity.

The best lax in MD is at the D3 level. The Gulls and The Stangs put on a great show for low prices and high speed offenses. Shoot a good community college game around here beats watching Michigan v OSU. HCC v Essex this week.

Hopkins may need that AQ...smart move joint the B1G.

It is surprising how sloppy Hopkins. The throwing he ball away in transition and the inability to clear is mind boggling.

Towson is definitely worth watching and so is Loyola. Towson has a rock solid D and some scorers...Seider is a horse. They could go pretty far this year.

Towson is fun to watch because of the age appropriate, public school grads on the team.  It is not like watching Loyola and MD with their 23 year old juniors.

UVA v Hop game on ESPN was terrible.  Throwing and catching seem to be replaced with low to high rippers and slap checks.  Sad.

Towson is fun to watch because of the age appropriate, public school grads on the team. It is not like watching Loyola and MD with their 23 year old juniors.

UVA v Hop game on ESPN was terrible. Throwing and catching seem to be replaced with low to high rippers and slap checks. Sad.

Nadelen has certainly taken over the **** Edell chip on the shoulder, working class blue collar program talk.

Just don't look at the roster. Like Edell's MD teams there are plenty of private school kids, and children of affluent families who happened to go to public schools on the Towson roster.

The funniest part is Nadelen went to Hopkins, the most blue blood program of them all...guess that makes him a NIMBY type...whatever sells.

Edited by Brohan

York College upsets national power Salisbury University yesterday 10-9 to win the CAC championship.  York lost to the Gulls last week by 12.

SSU has always been the best Lax in the state.....11th national  title says it all....too many lax fans write them off...I once saw the Gulls knock the brains out of would be D1 Champ Duke in a scrimmage....hell, They did this a few times....after that I pretty much refused to feed into the hype of D1 lax being so much better...on any given day, the top 4 teams on D1, D2 and D3 levels are all pretty much on par with one another....Both Tufts and SSU could beat the breaks off of UNC...there is a reason D1 teams simply do not schedule D3 teams...they no the deal....Hopkins and UMD routinely turn down games with SSU ....

Edited by agentorange

The Gulls are a great program with all of talent but the top 15-20 teams in D1 would beat any D3 by 15 goals.  D1 is just much bigger, faster with more resources.  I love watching d3 because of the pace of play and D1 for the skill sets of the players.  D1 schools rarely bring their A team to scrimmages with DIII schools which may explain some of the fall scores.

I hear and respect what you are saying but the bottom line is, until we actually start seeing d1 vs d2 and d3 games, we simply will not know....I doubt very seriously if a d1 school takes out the bury by 15...the reason is and as I have always said, a program is a program is a program....Translation, a winner will win because they are used to winning...11 national titles says that SSU knows how to win..NO way any school from any division just whores them like that...The bigger, faster, more resources theory goes out the window based on the fact that Lax is all about footwork and not so much physical toughness and speed...I learned this from watching Miaa-a lax (CHC) and Hopkins over the years.... the better Miaa-a teams are not interested in pounding or outrunning  opponents...they are out simply out scheming them with superior footwork with the use of very experienced and skilled players....the top D1 and D2 teams are loaded with these same kind of players...you have to remember, lax on the college level is not like football or baseball...there are much fewer schools offering lax which means, the top players have to go somewhere and the d1 level is always full to capacity, meaning the d2 and d3 levels will get a lot of the same highly talented guys....as far as Duke not bringing its A game to a scrimmage is horse radish...I will give the Blue Demons the benefit of the doubt perhaps from the first time they scrimmaged SSU, but what I saw in the years to follow was a determined and humiliated Duke team, bent on the memo (Wake up...SSU is for real) and giving it their all to put the piece of cake D3 team in its place....only to get pretty much the same results...in the 3 or 4 scrimmages between the two schools in which I am aware of, I would give Duke a very slight advantage....Duke players were bigger and faster but SSU players were better coached, just as skilled and much more game....

Edited by agentorange

SSU is a special program but if you ask any player from the last 30 years they would tell you that they would have a losing record as a member of any major conference (with the exception of 1 or 2 seasons). The D3 preseason player of the year a couple of years ago transferred to a weak UVA squad and was a bench contributor.  I strongly disagree with the size and speed argument as not being important.  It is dramatic as you move through the divisions.  The MLL is dominated by D1 players for a variety of reasons but one of them is skill, athleticism, and size/speed.

Duke surely would run SSU off the field but like you said we will never know.  I do know for a fact that D1 schools do not bring their A game or top players to many of the scrimmages they have with lower division schools.  I am not calling you a liar by any means,  SSU is special for sure.

I also disagree with the MIAA player statements.  The coaching is good but the players are older and bigger/faster/ stronger.