The Shadow

Two Loud Explosions At Brussels Airport: Multiple Casualties Reported

436 posts in this topic

Two Loud Explosions Heard At Brussels Airport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzI111n0-D8

Two loud explosions have been heard at a Brussels airport which is being evacuated amid reports of several casualties. According to reports the blasts centred on an American Airlines desk in a  departure hall at around 8am. Video and images on social media showed smoke rising from an airport building, shattered windows and confused and shocked passengers fleeing the terminal to safety. It comes as the Belgian capital is on high alert following the dramatic arrest of Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam in the city last Friday.

Sky's Alex Rossi, at the scene, said: "I was in the duty free in Zaventem Airport and I heard two very, very loud explosions. "I could feel the building move. There was also dust and smoke as well. "I went towards where the explosion came from and there were people coming out looking very dazed and shocked. "The thinking here is that it is some kind of terrorist attack although that hasn't been verified by any of the authorities here at the airport. "Don't know how the explosion took place, the method if you like. But it certainly seems Brussels airport has been targeted in a terrorist attack. "We are all being moved out of the airport now towards the emergency exit.

"There is a great deal of confusion here. Certainly there are a number of very upset, as you might imagine, very frightened people." He added: "There are fears that there might be other attackers." Belgian media is reporting several people have been injured, and that all trains to the airport have been suspended."

Brussels airport hit by 2 explosions, multiple casualties

Edited by The Shadow

Brussels Zaventem airport and metro explosions 'kill at least 13'

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35869254

Two blasts tore through the departures area of Zaventem airport shortly after 08:00 local time (07:00 GMT). An hour later, an explosion hit Maalbeek metro station, close to the EU institutions. The metro system and airport have both been closed.

The attacks come four days after Salah Abdeslam, the main suspect in the Paris attacks, was captured in Brussels. The Belgian government has confirmed casualties at the airport but has given no numbers. The cause of the explosions is unknown.

The whole metro system has been closed. Belgium has now raised its terror threat to its highest level.

The BBC is reporting:

1.  Two explosions hit Brussels airport
  2.  At least 13 people were killed, 35 injured
  3.  Pictures show significant damage to the terminal building
  4.  Explosion also hits Maalbeek metro station close to EU
  5.  The blasts come days after the capture of Salah Abdeslam, the main suspect in the Paris attacks in November

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-35869266

Just some assimilated members of the community offering their cultural enrichment.

What a boon for Europe.

How very tragic. :(  MSNBC this morning was speculating that the arrest of the Paris terrorist lead to the attacks.

I have been to Brussels. Can't imagine why the bastards wanted to harm any of these folks.

Reporting 15 dead at the metro.

Edited by Sprightly

How very tragic. :( MSNBC this morning was speculating that the arrest of the Paris terrorist lead to the attacks.

I have been to Brussels. Can't imagine why the bastards wanted to harm any of these folks.

Can't stand Morning Joe

But I agree, it seems likely connected to the group of terrorists that were arrested earlier this week

An attack here in the fall might be enough to get T-Rump the votes he needs to win. Nothing feeds hate better than fear.

In the CNN coverage I keep hearing a child crying at the airport attack site. So very sad. :(

Edited by Sprightly

Can't stand Morning Joe

But I agree, it seems likely connected to the group of terrorists that were arrested earlier this week

Yeah. I switched to CNN. Unfortunately, I can't watch Al Jazeera now.

I thought it was one terrorist - Salah Abdeslam. 

Edited by Sprightly

An attack here in the fall might be enough to get T-Rump the votes he needs to win. Nothing feeds hate better than fear.

Not if Hillary is his opponent

By 50 percent to 42 percent, more Americans say they trust Clinton to handle the threat of terrorism than Trump, who leads the Republican field and responded to the Paris terrorist attacks by calling for heightened surveillance of mosques and redoubling his opposition to allowing Syrian refugees to settle in the U.S.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/11/23/poll-as-republicans-ratchet-up-the-rhetoric-clinton-is-most-trusted-on-terrorism/

I thought it was one terrorist - Salah Abdeslam.

Weren't thirty other people arrested with Salah?

In the CNN coverage I keep hearing a child crying at the airport attack site. So very sad. :(

Yes it is sad when Muslim terrorists kill children

Importing millions of them into Europe wasn't a very bright idea, no wonder Obama and the libs want to do the same to the U.S.

We know people change their minds often so a more recent poll is needed. Trump has been much stronger on keeping out Muslim refugees and immigrants temporarily and building a wall. What exactly is Clinton's plan to prevent terrorists attacks in the US?  

Edited by flyboy56

I am not aware of that. Then again, I've been swamped recently so maybe I just haven't paid attention. I didn't even know about this morning's terrorist attacks until my daughter and I were chatting on Skype. Her organization has a presence there.

Edited by Sprightly

Yes it is sad when Muslim terrorists kill children

Importing millions of them into Europe wasn't a very bright idea, no wonder Obama and the libs want to do the same to the U.S.

I believe that the recently arrested terrorist is homegrown.

Not if Hillary is his opponent

By 50 percent to 42 percent, more Americans say they trust Clinton to handle the threat of terrorism than Trump, who leads the Republican field and responded to the Paris terrorist attacks by calling for heightened surveillance of mosques and redoubling his opposition to allowing Syrian refugees to settle in the U.S.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/11/23/poll-as-republicans-ratchet-up-the-rhetoric-clinton-is-most-trusted-on-terrorism/

I am not sure we can bank on the polls staying the same. The general election campaigns have not started in earnest. And with Hillary we always have to assume that there will be additional issues cropping up.

This isn't about our elections. Sheesh.

If you don't think they would love to influence our election you are not paying attention.

I am not aware of that. Then again, I've been swamped recently so maybe I just haven't paid attention. I didn't even know about this morning's terrorist attacks until my daughter and I were chatting on Skype. Her organization has a presence there.

Oh I see.

Well Brussels, due to their weird governing system, is becoming a magnet for terrorists in Europe. There are likely many more than the one guy who was arrested for the Paris attacks...

I believe that the recently arrested terrorist is homegrown.

You are playing Obama semantics,

Who cares that he was a "home grown" Muslim terrorist when gets his money, aid and training from outside Muslim terrorist groups.

Im sure he had gone back and forth to Syria SO it's still insanely stupid to import these Muslims cultists from war torn areas.

Edited by genghiskhanraven