7 replies to this topic

#1 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:29 PM

Ever since I became a sports fan I have detested North Carolina basketball. There was a time (before moving to Maryland) when I was actually a Duke fan because of that rivalry. Since the phrase came into use from the movies I have always called them the evil empire. And their recent long-time history of academic cheating certainly has  not improved my opinion of them.

This is I think the first NCAA final since the Terps won it that I felt like I had a serious rooting interest. I hope 'Nova runs away with this one.

#2 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,390 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:36 AM

Go NOVA. UNC should be under sanctions anyway.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#3 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:18 PM

Nova is going to have their hands full, but I think if they can play solid defense in the paint, and stay hot shooting, they'll win this one easily.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#4 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:59 PM

I believe Nova has at least four local kids on team if I'm not mistaken. So, I'll root for Nova either though I hate most Philly sports teams.

#5 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:35 PM

One of the all time greatest games! NC shoots lights out from downtown and takes it to the wire, only to be crushed by one of the all time clutch shots. WOW!
The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#6 mlatoman

mlatoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,078 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:35 PM

And THAT is why college hoops is so much better than the NBA! Whatta finish!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"This little piggie should have stayed home

#7 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:41 PM

That was one awesome game, and the outcome was as I'd hoped. But allow me to complain about having to watch the North Carolina home team broadcast. Even the "One Shining Moment" compilation was all NC. That just sucks. I don't feel sorry for them AT ALL.

#8 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:42 PM

Congratulations to Villanova. What a great effort and hanging tough in the clutch. They deserve the championship.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users