Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SemiAuto

Rogue One

11 posts in this topic

SW for the Next generation. VII didn't do all that much for me. Good seeing Harrison again but Carrie? Wow, how much Plastic Surgery did she go through? Doesn't even look like her anymore. And Mark, how much did they pay him for a minute of just standing there without saying a word? I'll see the rest but with no more real interest other than just seeing them like anything else I might grab when it gets out on the net. Next thing we should be seeing is how bad they screw up the 3rd New Star Trek. 1st one was good, the 2nd, ehhh. I'll see it when I see it, no hurry.

I have yet to see any of the new Star Trek movies. For me it's just not Star Trek without the original cast. Variety reported Harrison Ford made in the $10-20M range for The Force Awakens. Carrie and Mark made in the lower 6 figures.

Edited by bmore_ken

I have yet to see any of the new Star Trek movies. For me it's just not Star Trek without the original cast. Variety reported Harrison Ford made in the $10-20M range for The Force Awakens. Carrie and Mark made in the lower 6 figures.

Ken you really oughta watch the 1st New Trek from a few years ago, wasn't bad, neat twist on the whole thing. Lots of Tie-ins to the Original storylines. Scotty was a bit too Comical but John Cho did a really good Sulu. Didn't care for the Chekhov kid though. The gal who played Uhura was shown to have a little bit of a Thing going on between her and Spock! They even had a Green Orion Slave Girl in there! Karl Urban did a great McCoy, really spot on. Like I said, didn't care for the 2nd one though, they tried to redo the Kahn thing but I didn't care for the way they did it. Have to see what they do with the third one out this summer.

Edited by Bartman

Whelp, I finally got to see it. I thought it was great. A darker view of the rebellion and the choices people made for it.

Grabbed it last Saturday and was OK with it. The Computer version of Peter Cushing wasn't bad but I'm not gonna say any more about the Ending. I liked the Tie-In with "A New Hope". That's all I'm gonna say.

I don't get the whole Peter Cushing thing. Guy Henry (the stand in) looks enough like Cushing to pass off as Tarkin, so why go to all the trouble?

Whelp, I finally got to see it. I thought it was great. A darker view of the rebellion and the choices people made for it.

They definitely did a good job with it.  The Death Star was awesome.

Hopefully the stigma of "new" Star Wars storylines is over and VIII will be fresh and not a pseudo-remake like the Force Awakens.

They definitely did a good job with it.  The Death Star was awesome.

Hopefully the stigma of "new" Star Wars storylines is over and VIII will be fresh and not a pseudo-remake like the Force Awakens.

The biggest problem I had with 'The Force Awakens' is that it was a pseudo remake of 'A New Hope'. A fun movie to watch but I was like, "I've seen this before."

'Rogue One' did a good job of being its own movie.

Thought "7" was just OK. Didn't care for Han & Leia's Boy at all. Spoiled Brat with The Force. Like most movies made now for Younger generations, just too much Stuff going on all the time and not all that much sit down Dialogue. Movies with ADHD.

Spoiler from Neil deGrasse Tyson, BB8 won't work in the desert. Sand particles are Spherical too. BB8 would just spin and not go anywhere, no Friction for Traction. If it was on a Hill it would roll down it and never stop.

Rogue was OK too but again too much going on all at the same time again. You don't need Everything going Boom all over the place all at once all over the place.

The biggest problem I had with 'The Force Awakens' is that it was a pseudo remake of 'A New Hope'. A fun movie to watch but I was like, "I've seen this before."

'Rogue One' did a good job of being its own movie.

I don't know about good job, maybe better. I think I've seen a movie before with a Death Star. :)