24 replies to this topic

#1 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,383 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:52 PM

Robert Carter has announced he'll be declaring and signing an agent, so he's as good as gone.  Interesting move, though I think he's played himself into a mid first round pick, and probably about as high as he'll go.

Diamond Stone announced that he'll be declaring for the draft, but not hiring an agent just yet, so it appears he might see how things go at the NBA combine and then make a decision.  My guess is that everything hinges on the combine, if he does well, he'll hire an agent and be gone.  If scouts tell him stay in another year, I think he'll do that.

Melo Trimble hasn't said anything as far as I know.  Rumors aside of him not going to class, I think it's more likely that he'll return than the other two.  He clearly showed he's not ready for the NBA right now, and would likely not be drafted in the first round.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#2 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:16 PM

Stone may be raw, but he has physical gifts that cannot be coached, so I expect he'll be gone. Trimble needs more work at this level IMO.

#3 mdrunning

mdrunning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,562 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:34 PM

Carter Jr. is already 22 years old, so I don't think it would make much sense for him to come back and play his final season at age 23. That's practically doddering by NBA standards.

#4 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:29 PM

He made a lot of money on the last month of the season .....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#5 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:40 PM

Carter Jr. is already 22 years old, so I don't think it would make much sense for him to come back and play his final season at age 23. That's practically doddering by NBA standards.

doddering   ;)

#6 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,383 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:31 AM

Stone now saying he will hire an agent. 

Trimble says he has talked to Turgeon, and will test the waters but not hire an agent.  Seems 50/50 that Trimble stays at this point(IMO).

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#7 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:15 AM

Trimble is wise not hiring an agent. Not surprised Stone is going

#8 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:22 PM

All about where they project him to be drafted ......

Big difference between 1st and 2nd round .....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#9 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:17 PM

eastside- At best, some scouts will  tell Trimble he 's late rd1

#10 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:03 PM

eastside- At best, some scouts will tell Trimble he 's late rd1

Then he would probably leave .....

Guarented 2vyr contract on the nba scale ....

Very little flexibility in their rookie contract process and some question the need for an agent .....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#11 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:54 AM

eastside- Are you seeking the wrath of agents?  :lol:

#12 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:16 PM

Latest cnn si big board that just came out has Stine dropping from 18 to 20 .......

He the only terp in top 35 .......
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#13 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,383 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:37 AM

Trimble has opted to stay at MD for his junior year.  Great news for Terps fans, and good, smart move by Trimble.  Clearly the rumor about him stopping going to classes was BS.

Stone has to be completely regretting his decision to hire an agent now.  Carter looking like he's moving up.

#14 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:44 AM

Good to see  Trimble   review his options thoroughly.

Doubt if Stone was making it academically

Edited by Fumes, 26 May 2016 - 08:44 AM.

#15 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,801 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:14 PM

Some more good news for the Terps today: 4 star small forward Josh Jackson just committed.

There is zero doubt Turgeon can recruit; I'm still not sold on his coaching acumen.

Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#16 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,383 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:47 AM

There is zero doubt Turgeon can recruit; I'm still not sold on his coaching acumen.

Totally, completely agree.  He seems so far to be the "Reverse Gary", and the question is, will he, like Gary, rise above his shortcomings in some way to take the team to a championship?  While 2015/16 was a good year for the Terps, this was a team many thought would reach the Final Four, so IMO he fell short of expectations and the season ended in disappointment.  They really had some guys underperform down the stretch, especially Trimble, and including Stone.  I thought he got a lot out of Suliamon, who isn't all that talented but really played hard for him and showed a ton of leadership, as did Layman. 

Trimble coming back is huge, and I'd expect him to rebound in a big way next season.  I really think much of his problem was between the ears, despite reports of him being less than 100% physically.  The incoming class fills needs in a great way, and the question is can Chekovsky, Bender, have any impact?  Getting Dion Wiley back is also really important, and his loss really hurt last year.  They have the look of a fringe top 25 team to me, with potential if guys develop well. 

#17 Fumes

Fumes

Sir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34,020 posts
  • LocationPerry Hall

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:48 AM

alien- agree on this about Trimble

I really think much of his problem was between the ears,

#18 babylinux

babylinux