Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheResearcher

Black Entrepreneurs Jordan Kunzika, Brian And Justin Gerrard Break Down Tech Barriers With BAE Dating App

3 posts in this topic

http://www.afropunk.com/profiles/blogs/feature-black-entrepreneurs-jordan-kunzika-brian-and-justin

"Bae CTO Jordan Kunzika, a senior at Dartmouth, is a Google Generation Scholar and has done internships at Microsoft and Intel. As a gifted computer scientist, Kunzika has had some stellar options to launch his post-college career but saw larger opportunities with the app. "I was honored to get full-time offers from Microsoft and Google before even turning 21, but I knew that I could serve a higher calling to represent a paradigm shift in what a tech entrepreneur could look like," Kunzika told TechCrunch.

In his junior year, Kunzika met Justin (a Harvard alum) and Brian Gerrard (a UVA alum) who pitched the idea for Bae to him, "There was no place for Black men and women to easily find fulfilling relationships online, so we decided to change that," says Kunzika. Bae launched at Howard University a year ago this month, outperforming an early version of Tinder.

Outside of it’s target demographic, Bae sets itself apart from the competitors with a proprietary algorithm, built by Kunzika, that creates superior matches to actually help users find people they are most interested in meeting and dating—which is the point after all, isn't it?"

If you need an APP for Dating, I think you may have some other personal problems. Just my take on it...

If you need an APP for Dating, I think you may have some other personal problems. Just my take on it...

It's a new world, things change, but I'm glad I found my lyfepartner by meeting hyr in-person.