Guest 0ctoburn

How to make songs by the Beatles sound almost good!

93 posts in this topic

You just love that fight.

Funny thing: Now Oasis is classic rock.

Or maybe not exactly classic. Not quote a one hot wonder but definitely like a future tough trivia answer for the 90's edition.  Collective Soul, Weezer, and Oasis.   

Edited by demopublican

You just love that fight.

Funny thing: Now Oasis is classic rock.

Or maybe not exactly classic. Not quote a one hot wonder but definitely like a future tough trivia answer for the 90's edition.  Collective Soul, Weezer, and Oasis.

You are right on both. And I did like Collective Soul a lot too. :)

Not going to bother with this. Obviously you had to be there.

I prefer Oingo Boingo's version of I am the Walrus to Oasis' by a long shot.

Shatner certainly improved Lucy in the Sky too

Youngsters these days!  :(

I like Otis Redding's version of A Hard Day's Night. It sounds like he really had a hard day's night.

Great pop band,The Beatles.

But rather rudimentary musicians compared to others.

Paul was the best musician.

50th anniversary of the game changer Paperback Writer which paved the way for Revolver. Music would never be the same again.

I do like their song about taking a train ride to Clarksville.

I do like their song about taking a train ride to Clarksville.

uh, that was the Monkees.

meh, some people just don't really understand music as a whole

I wasn't there for Sinatra, Billie Holiday, the birth of Jazz, Mozarts opening night, birth of the blues etc, but I do understand it, appreciate it and love them  :)

uh, that was the Monkees.

That's probably why Octoburn made the original remark in the title, thinking the Beatles and Monkees were the same thing when the Monkees were a cheap tv-made imitations of the Beatles. The Beatles changed the music industry. The Monkees had a few cute songs. Oasis, Weezer and Collective Soul will be long forgotten as the Beatles continue on.

Edited by veraciousmooncalf

meh, some people just don't really understand music as a whole

I wasn't there for Sinatra, Billie Holiday, the birth of Jazz, Mozarts opening night, birth of the blues etc, but I do understand it, appreciate it and love them  :)

I wasn't around for the Beatles or the Monkees either ~ and I also love Frank Sinatra and Billie Holiday. They didn't write their own songs either. From what I read about the Monkees ~ they sold more records in the old days than the Beatles and the Rolling Stones combined.

They also have a new bunch of songs they put out too. :) I like this one ~

That's probably why Octoburn made the original remark in the title, thinking the Beatles and Monkees were the same thing when the Monkees were a cheap tv-made imitations of the Beatles. The Beatles changed the music industry. The Monkees had a few cute songs. Oasis, Weezer and Collective Soul will be long forgotten as the Beatles continue on.

Is that why we are still talking about the Monkees a half~century after they came out? :confused::rolleyes:

I like this song too and it has a Beatle in it but he was smart to let Rihanna and Kanye do the singing. Paul Maccartney was in the Beatles ~ wasn't he? :confused: And it's still a really nice song.

I didn't know that this was a song by the Beatles until recently and I remember how much I liked it when I first heard it. :) Some of their songs are good but it is not easy to tell unless someone better sings them.

I didn't know that this was a song by the Beatles until recently and I remember how much I liked it when I first heard it. :) Some of their songs are good but it is not easy to tell unless someone better sings them.

Well, there goes any credibility you had, shot to hell  :)

Well if your uh hum music collection consists of Justin Bieber I understand why you don't recognize good music.

I suppose that you will extend that comment to include Carlos Santana as well? :confused:

Well if your uh hum music collection consists of Justin Bieber I understand why you don't recognize good music.

Why don't you explain why his version is so horrible if you think it is? :rolleyes:

While I agree that a young performer like Justin Bieber has acted like a completely spoiled jerk ~ that is hardly something that the senior citizens that so many of you admire have not done in their prime so many years ago.

Many people enjoy being a demagogue.  It's popular in some circles to hate on the artists that created rocknroll.