Guest 0ctoburn

How to make songs by the Beatles sound almost good!

89 posts in this topic

Definitely not a boys band. The Beatles were real musicians with real talent. I like the raw stuff the best. 

The "genius and songwriting" of the Beatles on display. :D:P

Edited by 0ctoburn

A lot of the song songs you posted look dumb on their own but seemed to fit in well on album .......

That's another major difference in music today, folks buy songs or more accurately, hits on iTunes, etc ......

Back in the day musicians sold albums and there were themes to the albums and the songs fit together.......

I am just enjoying how much octo listened to The Beatles this month.

That you dont see the genius of the song writing shows us you really are out of your league when critiquing music.

Music is like cuisine. Some like spicy Thai, some like a nice boiled New England dinner, some like sushi. What's great for some is yuck to others.

It's all good. Or bad! :P

That's probably why Octoburn made the original remark in the title, thinking the Beatles and Monkees were the same thing when the Monkees were a cheap tv-made imitations of the Beatles. The Beatles changed the music industry. The Monkees had a few cute songs. Oasis, Weezer and Collective Soul will be long forgotten as the Beatles continue on.

As much as I love the Beatles you may be wrong. I think the younger generation could care less about the Beatles or they never heard of them. My girlfriends daughter asked me who Paul McCartney was. I couldn't believe it that she didn't know.

As much as I love the Beatles you may be wrong. I think the younger generation could care less about the Beatles or they never heard of them. My girlfriends daughter asked me who Paul McCartney was. I couldn't believe it that she didn't know.

The majority of kids and teens know the Beatles or will discover them.  

The majority of kids and teens know the Beatles or will discover them.

I agree,essential listening but overrated musicians.

I agree,essential listening but overrated musicians.

There are bands with incredible virtuoso musicians that make unlistenable  music.  

There are bands with incredible virtuoso musicians that make unlistenable  music.  

I was comparing them with their contemporaries who overall were vastly superior musicians The Stones and Zepplin.

Thank you for posting this. I never heard of Masse before and after seeing this video I went to youtube and watched/listed to many other covers he does. I cant say I ever saw anyone better at covers then Masse.

A lot of young people know who Paul McCartney is because Kanye West lets him record with him and Rhianna.

Is Kanye the guy that married the fat girl that screws guys on video?

Edited by demopublican

Thank you for posting this. I never heard of Masse before and after seeing this video I went to youtube and watched/listed to many other covers he does. I cant say I ever saw anyone better at covers then Masse.

Just a couple of attorneys.  Their cover of Toto's "Africa" has over 7M views.  

Music is like cuisine. Some like spicy Thai, some like a nice boiled New England dinner, some like sushi. What's great for some is yuck to others.

It's all good. Or bad! :P

Or whether ocean city is any good ....

Yep, that's why I never got involved in those restaraunt threads they used to have on OM .....

Just a couple of attorneys.  Their cover of Toto's "Africa" has over 7M views.  

They are attorneys with alot of musical talent.  

To be honest I have not seen her much.  I am aware of who she is and know she was famous for having a big butt.  

I try to avoid soulless celebrities.