* * - - - 4 votes

How to make songs by the Beatles sound almost good!

#songsplayedright

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 babylinux

babylinux

Much beloved member of SunSpot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:36 PM

I didn't know that this was a song by the Beatles until recently and I remember how much I liked it when I first heard it. :) Some of their songs are good but it is not easy to tell unless someone better sings them.

Well, there goes any credibility you had, shot to hell  :)

#22 veraciousmooncalf

veraciousmooncalf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:20 AM

I didn't know that this was a song by the Beatles until recently and I remember how much I liked it when I first heard it. :) Some of their songs are good but it is not easy to tell unless someone better sings them.

Well if your uh hum music collection consists of Justin Bieber I understand why you don't recognize good music.

#23 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:02 AM

I suppose that you will extend that comment to include Carlos Santana as well? :confused:

Well if your uh hum music collection consists of Justin Bieber I understand why you don't recognize good music.

Why don't you explain why his version is so horrible if you think it is? :rolleyes:

While I agree that a young performer like Justin Bieber has acted like a completely spoiled jerk ~ that is hardly something that the senior citizens that so many of you admire have not done in their prime so many years ago.

#24 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,529 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:35 AM

Many people enjoy being a demagogue.  It's popular in some circles to hate on the artists that created rocknroll.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#25 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,888 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:36 PM

The Beatles created rock and roll?  :D  :D  :D

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#26 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,529 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:01 PM

Not exactly what I meant. Poorly worded on my part. My bad. But the Beatles were certainly important in the evolution of Rock and pop culture in general.

What I meant was that certain posters disparage all of the old/original pioneers of Rock and Roll.

I get why people are tired of some of that music. Commercial radio was so repetitive for so many years that I have no desire to listen to much classic rock.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#27 babylinux

babylinux

Much beloved member of SunSpot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:01 AM

my guess would be Bo Diddley, or Chuck Berry, maybe Elvis?  Who knows, it's hard to pin down for me

plus it was before my time  :D

#28 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:30 AM

I see what Justin Bieber did by doing a song by the Beatles as no different that what the Beatles did to the songs by the people who really created rock and roll.

They always seemed like an early boy band who were changed by drug use to me. :(

#29 veraciousmooncalf

veraciousmooncalf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:58 AM

I see what Justin Bieber did by doing a song by the Beatles as no different that what the Beatles did to the songs by the people who really created rock and roll.

They always seemed like an early boy band who were changed by drug use to me. :(

And youd be wrong. The Beatles did a few covers early on but wrote over 90% of their songs and they were trend setters. Back then it was really rare for anyone to write their own music. And if you think they were a boy band think again. That's what the record companies wanted them to be but they basically gave a finger to that.

Bieber is a representation of what the Beatles were against. He is a music industry standin with very little originality. He looks cutesy for the girls and sells Cds, etc. Hes a fabrication of the record studio. He sells on image as opposed to actual talent. he is much like the Monkees who you seem to like so much.

Edited by veraciousmooncalf, 29 June 2016 - 10:58 AM.

#30 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:57 AM

And youd be wrong. The Beatles did a few covers early on but wrote over 90% of their songs and they were trend setters. Back then it was really rare for anyone to write their own music. And if you think they were a boy band think again. That's what the record companies wanted them to be but they basically gave a finger to that.

Bieber is a representation of what the Beatles were against. He is a music industry standin with very little originality. He looks cutesy for the girls and sells Cds, etc. Hes a fabrication of the record studio. He sells on image as opposed to actual talent. he is much like the Monkees who you seem to like so much.

Actually ~ he is self~made and was self~promoted before he was signed. And the Beatles were every bit a boy band who the record business made change their appearance to look "cutsey" from everything I have read.

And if you look at the writing credits on their first few records you will find that they did a lot of songs that were not original and much less than Justin Bieber did. :P

Do you think that Frank Sinatra and Elvis were not matinee teen idols in their day who wrote all of their own music? :confused: :P

#31 veraciousmooncalf

veraciousmooncalf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:26 PM

Actually ~ he is self~made and was self~promoted before he was signed. And the Beatles were every bit a boy band who the record business made change their appearance to look "cutsey" from everything I have read.

And if you look at the writing credits on their first few records you will find that they did a lot of songs that were not original and much less than Justin Bieber did. :P

Do you think that Frank Sinatra and Elvis were not matinee teen idols in their day who wrote all of their own music? :confused: :P

Elvis and Sinatra did not write their own music. The Beatles did a few covers (mostly early in their careers) but fought and won against the record company to write and produce their own songs which was sacrilegious to the record companies  back then. And reading the history is not the same as living the history. The Beatles, like Elvis were so good in their day that today there are many impersonator bands that play their music to audiences. Their music is in movies and plays. Justin Bieber will long be forgotten before the Beatles ever will be. Whether you like their music or not they are a mainstay.

#32 mcorioles

mcorioles

Hypocrisy Exposer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,408 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:35 PM

The Rolling Stones were sooooo much better than the Beatles.

That was rock n roll

Beatles fluff then drug induced music.

Ringo,worst drummer ever.

#33 veraciousmooncalf

veraciousmooncalf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:08 PM

That was rock n roll

The Stones were good and had huge influence from blues music. They certainly stayed together longer, but the Beatles overall were more popular across the entire spectrum.

#34 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:39 AM

That was rock n roll

Sharon Tate and those other people would still be alive if not for the Beatles. :mad:

#35 tsmonk

tsmonk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:29 PM

I much prefer this version of Eleanor Rigby. Jazz Crusaders

Edited by tsmonk, 30 June 2016 - 02:30 PM.

#36 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:41 PM

I much prefer this version of Eleanor Rigby. Jazz Crusaders

That is good. :) Maybe the Beatles should have just stuck to instrumental music and let other people record it and not bothered with their lyrics. Much of what I have heard sounds rather childish to dimwitted or drug~influenced.

#37 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,529 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:50 PM

That is good. :) Maybe the Beatles should have just stuck to instrumental music and let other people record it and not bothered with their lyrics. Much of what I have heard sounds rather childish to dimwitted or drug~influenced.

Ignorance is bliss

#38 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:51 PM

Ignorance is bliss

Seriously? :confused: How in the world does one explain something like this? :confused:

#39 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:59 PM

Or this one? :confused: My goodness! :eek:

#40 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,529 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:06 PM

So you like Jazz versions because jazz has no history of drug use?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users