PinkFlamingo

Bill Cosby to Face Trial in Sex Assault Case

44 posts in this topic

The same society that sympathizes with and allows a wealthy and powerful man who drugs and rapes dozens of women to walk free is the same society that thinks a

a ghetto youth who steals a piece of pound cake should be shot in the back of the head.  :rolleyes:

MLK was so correct when he stated that we are a sick society.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, kandace said:

The same society that sympathizes with and allows a wealthy and powerful man who drugs and rapes dozens of women to walk free is the same society that thinks a

a ghetto youth who steals a piece of pound cake should be shot in the back of the head.  :rolleyes:

MLK was so correct when he stated that we are a sick society.

I agree,... but don't you think that's a bit of a stretch? He has yet to be found guilty of drugging and raping anyone. He's admitted to making available drugs, but has always maintained that they were taken freely. When I first heard of this, it was reported that he 'slipped' them knockout drugs, only to find out recently that two of the drugs that would be considered knockout or incapacitating drugs that they were accusing him of giving these women weren't even on the market at the time of the accusation. Drugs that are thought to enhance sexual encounters that are taken by both or either one freely isn't exactly rape. According to his lawyer, none of the drugs were slipped to any of the women named in official complaints without their knowledge. I looked for the 'slipped me a mickey' scenario in most of the articles I've read and didn't run across one. Now that's not to say that he didn't or that that scenario never was the case,... I just didn't see it.

I just wished that this prosecution wasn't tied to an election,... for me it would be a lot easier to swallow and digest.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ericpd said:

I agree,... but don't you think that's a bit of a stretch? He has yet to be found guilty of drugging and raping anyone. He's admitted to making available drugs, but has always maintained that they were taken freely. When I first heard of this, it was reported that he 'slipped' them knockout drugs, only to find out recently that two of the drugs that would be considered knockout or incapacitating drugs that they were accusing him of giving these women weren't even on the market at the time of the accusation. Drugs that are thought to enhance sexual encounters that are taken by both or either one freely isn't exactly rape. According to his lawyer, none of the drugs were slipped to any of the women named in official complaints without their knowledge. I looked for the 'slipped me a mickey' scenario in most of the articles I've read and didn't run across one. Now that's not to say that he didn't or that that scenario never was the case,... I just didn't see it.

I just wished that this prosecution wasn't tied to an election,... for me it would be a lot easier to swallow and digest.  

OMG.  You really think he is innocent??  Wow.  I did not know there was anyone that blind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a jury that made this decision. They were there; we were not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

It was a jury that made this decision. They were there; we were not. 

They were unable to make a decison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

It was a jury that made this decision. They were there; we were not. 

That's true Sprightly, good point.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, demopublican said:

They were unable to make a decison

The jury deadlocked. That means that the jurists disagreed as to his not guilty/guilty.  They could not reach a decision on any of the three charges. (Note that I did not say innocence.)

Edited by Sprightly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like good date material.  Maybe ask him if he wants to go out for drinks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, demopublican said:

Seems like good date material.  Maybe ask him if he wants to go out for drinks. 

That was a stupid comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was/is there not a better case than this one against him?  'cause this one was baaad. Way bad. From all that I've read, it certainly looks like he's a sleeze and committed any number of criminal acts over years. But this one is not the one to nail him on, imo. The victim was an adult and had an on going consensual relationship with him. She took the pills willingly.  But the biggest problem I see with it is, he entered into an agreement signed off on by the court to participate in the civil resolution of it in exchange for being promised no criminal action would be undertaken. So kept his end of the agreement and the court did not. To me that shouldn't happen, who can trust the court now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, demopublican said:

Seems like good date material.  Maybe ask him if he wants to go out for drinks. 

 

32 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

That was a stupid comment.

 

Yes Sprightly, it was a stupid comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sprightly said:

That was a stupid comment.

I'm sure he is just misunderstood 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The prosecution wanted 13 women to testify and the court limited it to 2.  No matter how you slice it, if 60 women are making pretty much the same claim, it becomes virtually impossible to avoid concluding that he's a serial rapist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, veritas said:

The prosecution wanted 13 women to testify and the court limited it to 2.  No matter how you slice it, if 60 women are making pretty much the same claim, it becomes virtually impossible to avoid concluding that he's a serial rapist.

I agree, and that is why it just doesn't make sense to me that this is the one case they picked out to prosecute. Out of 60, there must be a better one. Are there more to come? Even if so, generally the strategy is to lead with the best one.  Are there statute of limitations issues on all the others? I know this one just barely made it under the wire. Others plead out or settled civilly, but this one had the weakest link for prosecution to break the agreement?

Edited by Saticon3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe my answer lies somewhat in here:

"I just wished that this prosecution wasn't tied to an election,... for me it would be a lot easier to swallow and digest."  (Eric pd)

Maybe a prosecutor out to make a name for himself to be the one to get Cosby, influences him to try a weak case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on people.  This is a country where we have video evidence of a cop shooting a man dead in the back and then planting a taser on him and even then the jury couldn't completely agree... so why is anyone surprised that the jury would be deadlocked here when the prosecution's case was so full of holes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, banner1124 said:

Come on people.  This is a country where we have video evidence of a cop shooting a man dead in the back and then planting a taser on him and even then the jury couldn't completely agree... so why is anyone surprised that the jury would be deadlocked here when the prosecution's case was so full of holes?

Or like hst2 said, money & fame .......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now