• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Scaggsville

Scaggsville

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,695 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:24 AM

First episode began streaming on my fb feed yesterday. Had other things to do, but the little bit I caught looked very promising.

http://www.amc.com/shows/preacher

#2 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,633 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:42 AM

It's on my dvr, but I haven't watched it yet.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#3 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,390 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:10 AM

It took me a while to decide it was worth investing the time to watch. I'll give it another episode. I had no idea it was a Seth Rogan thing until after I watched it.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#4 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:28 AM

It's really weird, and interesting.  Some convergent stories, coming together.  Really well done I think.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#5 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,633 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:38 PM

Good for what it is, but not really my type of show

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#6 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,390 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:52 AM

I would have to watch the last show again. I was working and had the laptop open. I got lost.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#7 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:53 AM

I'm still watching, but my lady is losing interest, says it's too hard to follow.  I'm starting to agree, it's a bit disjointed and confusing at times, too many concurrent storylines that haven't gotten tied in closely enough.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#8 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:18 AM

Last two episodes drew me, and my lady right back in.  Really entertaining and fun.  Gotta say it's completely addicting.

#9 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:18 AM

Loving this show now.  It's still some rather disjointed mess that seems to be spiralling towards "something", but it's just freaking entertaining as hell, and it's got great style. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users