11 replies to this topic

#1 veraciousmooncalf

veraciousmooncalf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:59 AM

My friend is coming to Maryland sometime in late July early August and he wants to stop at Timonium and take the light rail into the city. We would like to eat lunch nearby there but whenever I go there  I like to just eat at Wegmans. He wasn't too thrilled of eating there tho. What are some suggestions for good moderate priced restaurants around there? Fresh food is what we are looking for. No fast food stuff.

#2 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,098 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:36 PM

Basta Pasta on Timonium road isn't far from the light rail station.

#3 boink

boink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:14 AM

My friend is coming to Maryland sometime in late July early August and he wants to stop at Timonium and take the light rail into the city. We would like to eat lunch nearby there but whenever I go there  I like to just eat at Wegmans. He wasn't too thrilled of eating there tho. What are some suggestions for good moderate priced restaurants around there? Fresh food is what we are looking for. No fast food stuff.

if you're talking Wegman's that's Hunt Valley zip code 21031

http://www.yelp.com/...flt=restaurants

#4 veraciousmooncalf

veraciousmooncalf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:04 AM

if you're talking Wegman's that's Hunt Valley zip code 21031

http://www.yelp.com/...flt=restaurants

Thanks for the info.

I haven't been there for about 3 years or so and was not sure how close that was to the light rail entry. I just know that I ate at Wegmans a few times in Timonium and it was huge and had a lot of great choices. Wegmans is kind of noisy during the lunch hour. My friend just requested a more (hopefully quiet) traditional restaurant so we could just relax and talk while we eat.

#5 veraciousmooncalf

veraciousmooncalf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:05 AM

Basta Pasta on Timonium road isn't far from the light rail station

That seems like a good possibility.

#6 boink

boink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for the info.

I haven't been there for about 3 years or so and was not sure how close that was to the light rail entry. I just know that I ate at Wegmans a few times in Timonium and it was huge and had a lot of great choices. Wegmans is kind of noisy during the lunch hour. My friend just requested a more (hopefully quiet) traditional restaurant so we could just relax and talk while we eat.

maybe the Milton Inn a few miles north on York Rd if she wants quiet and traditional

http://www.miltoninn.com/index.php

#7 veraciousmooncalf

veraciousmooncalf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:42 AM

maybe the Milton Inn a few miles north on York Rd if she wants quiet and traditional

http://www.miltoninn.com/index.php

I think that may be a little above the price range we are looking for. Although the menu seems nice. Thanks for suggesting it as me and the Mrs. might go there sometime.

#8 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:33 AM

There are many nice places in Canton and Fells Point if that is not too far for your friend to travel. :)

#9 veraciousmooncalf

veraciousmooncalf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:34 AM

There are many nice places in Canton and Fells Point if that is not too far for your friend to travel. :)

Thanks. I can easily look it up on the internet, but I just wanted to know what you or anybody else think are the best places at decent moderate prices.

#10 microg

microg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:21 PM

Closer to Hunt Valley, I like Andy's Nelson's BBQ.  Not elegant; just good food. 

#11 Papi

Papi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,686 posts
  • LocationHarford County Maryland

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:46 AM

Bluestone is very good. Located on Aylesbury Road near the Baltimore Coffee and Tea shop.

Also there is Barretts Grill on the upper level of the Hunt Valley Town Center - we have had excellent meals there. 

#12 Duke of Earl

Duke of Earl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,139 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:41 PM

Michael's is nice on York Rd

Nautilus - Dinner food

Milton Inn - Very good , but pricey. Good for a special evening 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users