Baltimatt

Dirt bike news

35 posts in this topic

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-dirtbike-accident-20160611-story.html

A dirt bike rider struck and seriously injured a female pedestrian Friday evening on the 400 block of E. Pratt Street at the Inner Harbor before fleeing, police said.  Police spokeswoman Detective Nicole Monroe said the dirt-bike driver has not been found and the case is classified as a hit-and-run.

The victim is a high school senior from northern Virginia, who was in Baltimore with a friend heading to the Beyonce concert when a group of motorbikes drove through the crosswalk they were using, according to Tim Coffman, the girl's father.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-dirt-bike-incident-20160612-story.html

A driver was beaten and taken to a hospital after striking a dirt bike rider with his car in Southwest Baltimore Friday night, police said.

Around 9:30 p.m., police went to the 1500 block of South Monroe Street in the Carroll-Camden Industrial Area and found that the driver of a car had struck a dirt bike rider, whose leg was broken.

The driver was pulled from his car and assaulted by a male companion of the dirt bike rider, police said.

No word on charges for the driver of the car, but the dirt bike rider is facing charges.  

If I hit a kid on a dirt bike, there isn't a chance in hell I'm stopping until I feel safe to do so. I'll call for emergency assistance, but there's zero chance I'll stop to render aid (I've advised my wife to do the same thing).

But Sprightly had a perfectly wonderful time in Baltimore City on Friday night

So did I and a lot of other people. The city is a fairly large and diverse place.

well to be fair I have a perfectly wonderful time in Baltimore every night, for the most part anyways  :)

well to be fair I have a perfectly wonderful time in Baltimore every night, for the most part anyways  :)

But did you call any churches about their signs when you got home? :confused:

Hopefully the a hole is caught and jailed.  Damn judges keep letting them go.  They, the judges should also be fired.  What is wrong with them?

Hopefully the a hole is caught and jailed. Damn judges keep letting them go. They, the judges should also be fired. What is wrong with them?

No chance either perp will be caught

So get a cheap lawyer and throw a nuisance lawsuit at the city. Why Not?

You can blame City Hall for this...they don't let the cops enforce the law....when they are not telling them to crack skullz in other parts of town. Got to love the corrupt big blue Dem machine.

Speaking of dirt bikes....a buddy of mine just told me that several weeks ago, a bunch of teenage thugs robbed the City Yard at gun point and stole a bunch of dirt bikes. LMAO you cant make this crap up? 

If something like that really happened then what the hell is so funny?  It's like you get your jollies when crime happens in Baltimore.  You are a sad individual, seek help.

Those dirt bikers are dangerous, to themselves and to other motorists.  Coming up MLK Blvd. weekend  before last, a whole gang of them started roaring through the traffic, doing wheelies and weaving in and out.

The police can't be everywhere and they can't chase these idiots when they do see them.

The only surprise is that more of them don't get hit.  If I were to hit one, for sure I wouldn't get out to help him until I called 911.

This is what Baltimore needs to do with any confiscated dirt bikes:

http://nypost.com/2016/05/17/nypd-crushes-illegal-dirt-bikes-as-a-message-to-knuckleheads/

But hey, Brandon Scott says "kids and young people in the city like to ride dirt bikes" and we should "deal with it".

I'm sure they'll spend a million or so to build a dirt bike course that will do nothing.

Fools on sport bikes;

Idiot kills passenger and he survives.

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/cgnews-one-dead-two-injured-in-crownsville-motorcycle-crash-20160613-story.html

Guy attempts to go through stop sign without stopping.....only to see a truck coming. He had to put his motorcycle down or die (he put his bike down)...........afterward he limped around for awhile then rode off pitifully.

No link...watched with my own eyes.

I'm sitting at a red light crossing MD3 with a sport bike one vehicle up. The guy seemed restless or high...............next thing....he looks both ways and then speeds straight through the red light. The driver in front of me shakes his head.....

No link....watched with my own eyes.

Fools on sport bikes;

Idiot kills passenger and he survives.

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/cgnews-one-dead-two-injured-in-crownsville-motorcycle-crash-20160613-story.html

Guy attempts to go through stop sign without stopping.....only to see a truck coming. He had to put his motorcycle down or die (he put his bike down)...........afterward he limped around for awhile then rode off pitifully.

No link...watched with my own eyes.

I'm sitting at a red light crossing MD3 with a sport bike one vehicle up. The guy seemed restless or high...............next thing....he looks both ways and then speeds straight through the red light. The driver in front of me shakes his head.....

No link....watched with my own eyes.

Nothing that I haven't seen cars do.  Most licensed motorcyclists (as opposed to the unlicensed and unregistered punks in the city) are safe drivers, they have to be or they won't last long.

Edited by Smokey 1

wheelie wayne arrested

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-dirtbike-arrests-wheelie-wayne-20170221-story.html

In a continuing attempt to crack down on dirt-bike riding on city streets, Baltimore Police recently charged several riders, including a man considered the "godfather of the 12 O'Clock Boys," who they say was maintaining a "chop shop" for stolen bikes and parts.

Court records show 40-year-old Dawayne Davis, known as "Wheelie Wayne," was arrested earlier this month and charged with 15 counts including theft scheme and removing or obliterating serial numbers on dirt-bike engines.

Davis is one of the best-known dirt-bike riders in the city, and has also been part of efforts to get a dirt-bike park established in Baltimore.  "This is a billion-dollar business waiting to be tapped into," Davis told The Sun in August. "People all over the world know about the Baltimore dirt bikes and they would come here to watch us."  "We don't want confrontations with the police. ... We just want to ride."

We just want to ride and possibly run a chop shop on the side.

"build it and they will come"

so wheelie wayne can sell them stolen dirt bikes at the city's brand new dirt bike park 

But but but.... I thought the whole idea was the dirt bikes kept them away from crime?!?!?

We just want to ride and possibly run a chop shop on the side.

...and intimidate people, and run from the cops...

Now if you had a Big Ford 250 or 350 or something you could just drive around and you might wonder "Did I just hit a Bump or something?"