Baltimatt

DeRay Mckesson named to new city schools cabinet

162 posts in this topic

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-deray-mckesson-appointment-20160628-story.html

Civil rights activist and former Baltimore mayoral candidate DeRay Mckesson will return to his old stamping grounds at city school headquarters to lead the district's office of human capital.  Mckesson was named interim chief human capital officer on Tuesday by incoming schools CEO Sonja Santelises. It was the second and most high-profile cabinet appointment made by the new chief, who begins her tenure Friday.

Santelises said Mckesson, who spent about two and a half years overseeing key reforms as a strategist and special assistant in the human capital office, would lead the office at least through the fall.

Great. Having a Black Lives Matter activist running things is really going to improve the city's schools. :rolleyes:

Great. Having a Black Lives Matter activist running things is really going to improve the city's schools. :rolleyes:

He did that kind of work before he became a BLM activist.

Will he wear his vest to work?

Question of the day!

He did that kind of work before he became a BLM activist.

And now he's a BLM activist.

Was wondering what took so long for someone to post it.  Hope he does well in his new position. 

Considering BCPSS is full of black lives ,among others -  I don't see the big deal.  Some people just don't have enough going on in their own lives I suppose, so they need to worry about everyone else's..

Edited by Marshan Man

Considering BCPSS is full of black lives ,among others -  I don't see the big deal.  Some people just don't have enough going on in their own lives I suppose, so they need to worry about everyone else's..

I thought the same thing. You probably need a hobby or something.

And now he's a BLM activist.

And?  

And?

And that means he is now a Black Lives Matter activist. And any organization who takes offense at someone saying that all lives matter isn't likely to agree that all lives matter in what should be a diverse school system.

I've also yet to see a BLM activist anywhere admit that the whole "Hands up! Don't shoot!" narrative was incorrect and based on a complete lie.

I thought the same thing. You probably need a hobby or something.

The gym and cycling are pretty cool. Care to join me?

And that means he is now a Black Lives Matter activist. And any organization who takes offense at someone saying that all lives matter isn't likely to agree that all lives matter in what should be a diverse school system.

I've also yet to see a BLM activist anywhere admit that the whole "Hands up! Don't shoot!" narrative was incorrect and based on a complete lie.

Well, it's an interim position.  If he can't do the job, I hope he's shown the door.

Well, it's an interim position.  If he can't do the job, I hope he's shown the door.

Not at you matt.

Buttttttt..... I read the article in the paper about this...and generally....when an article like that is produced/written there is a listing of the persons qualifications ..... I saw zip...nothing....just that he got a job prevously for human capital..what ever that means....used to be human resources.

So bottom line is ....what qualifies him for a 165000+ job ?

the articles title was Activist Mckesson to join new city schools cabinet. page 2

if you want to look it up.

Answer?

Edited by Guido2

Right. And that happens all the time in Baltimore City government. :P

Bureaucrat, to radical activist, to politician, and back to bureaucrat. Interesting career trajectory!

Mckesson also launched Campaign Zero, a policy platform to end police violence with key points such as to decriminalize such crimes as trespassing, marijuana possession, loitering, public disturbance, consuming alcohol on streets with reasoning that these crimes do not threaten public safety, but are often used to police black bodies.

(Link)

Decriminalizing "public disturbance". Who could argue with that!  :rolleyes:

North Ave is basically an employment machine anyway. #1 goal is to grow the organization.

He's a great selection and will serve as a wonderful role model for our youth.

I don't think anyone can question his qualifications however the only thing that matters is the results. 

You can only throw money at a problem for so long before you realize it is not a funding issue.  It's clearly a personnel problem, including the leadership vision of those at the top.

If he can achieve results, more power to him.

I don't think anyone can question his qualifications however the only thing that matters is the results.

You can only throw money at a problem for so long before you realize it is not a funding issue. It's clearly a personnel problem, including the leadership vision of those at the top.

If he can achieve results, more power to him.

What are his qualifications?

Best that I read was he taught 6th grade. Guess the incoming Super didn't like the person filling in even though she gets to return to her former position.

from the link

...senior director of human capital in the Minneapolis Public Schools system....

In Minneapolis, Mckesson helped restructure the district office, change the human capital office's recruitment and teacher selection process, and build professional development and orientation programs for new teachers.

sound like hes qualified

I hope he gets rid of the term "human capital."

Other that that - good luck to him.

from the link

sound like hes qualified

Sounds like BS and you know it.

:rolleyes:

Don't get me started on this BLM opportunist pimp.

Who by the way I think is on the DL.

It's 2016 if you gay say you gay.

Nobody cares any more.

Qualified for a made up Baltimore City job ?

Any of us here could have "qualified" to do what he's doing

Pfft.

(My eyes are rolled so hard you can only see the whites. )

Was wondering what took so long for someone to post it. Hope he does well in his new position.

I hope we see him more often than just when a white person or a police officer kills a black person in Baltimore.

Remember, Black Lives Matter !!!