Baltimatt

DeRay Mckesson named to new city schools cabinet

162 posts in this topic

Well they do need to have someone running the HR department.

Maybe it is me....but i have never seen what his qualifications are to run such a department.

Just that he 'suddenly' got the job.

And I don't mean he worked in some other city that 'bought him off''.... I mean real credentials...............

I am very interested to hear from anyone that can provide the resume etc. of this man.... I have searched a few times and all I come up with is that he worked in some city...sort of.

Thx.

Maybe it is me....but i have never seen what his qualifications are to run such a department.

Just that he 'suddenly' got the job.

And I don't mean he worked in some other city that 'bought him off''.... I mean real credentials...............

I am very interested to hear from anyone that can provide the resume etc. of this man.... I have searched a few times and all I come up with is that he worked in some city...sort of.

Thx.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/deray-mckesson-14523113

He's had "Human Capital" positions in Minneapolis and Baltimore as a senior director and special assistant, respectively.

He's had "Human Capital" positions in Minneapolis and Baltimore as a senior director and special assistant, respectively.

And no advanced degrees and four year's experience? How many hundred better qualified people could be located with a proper search? The positive is that the job is not permanent

Edited by demopublican

And no advanced degrees and four year's experience? How many hundred better qualified people could be located with a proper search? The positive is that the job is not permanent

It is, supposedly, an interim position.

Edited by Baltimatt

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/education/k-12/bs-md-ci-deray-to-leave-20170714-story.html

Civil rights activist DeRay Mckesson plans to leave his position as head of human resources for Baltimore's public schools by the end of the month.

Mckesson, who has served as the school system's chief human capital officer for more than a year, said in an interview he intends to remain in Baltimore, continue hosting his popular podcast and focus on social justice activism.

"It was an honor to come back to city schools and serve in this role," Mckesson said. "I believe in the superintendent. I believe in the kids of Baltimore. I think of it as complementary and inclusive to the other organizing work I do with social justice."

On 7/19/2016 at 7:41 PM, Guest Pierre said:

Word, Brother Matt. The haters are still gonna hate though.

Cool story Bud

I said my piece on the other thread about this. But he is a scammer IMHO.

5 minutes ago, demopublican said:

Cool story Bud

I guess Pierre hated to much also......he is gone. I think.

On 7/19/2016 at 0:21 PM, Baltimatt said:

Some people can read that again and again and not understand that he had a career as a public schools HR executive 

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:17 AM, demopublican said:

Some people can read that again and again and not understand that he had a career as a public schools HR executive 

I read all that.....several times....and I don't see ANY NUMBERS.....except for short stints AFTER....his causing issues. Nor do I see ANY NUMBERS or a resume of substance that show he was qualified....

All I see is a pattern of extortion, 

Please correct me if I am wrong.....show me NUMBERS....and a full blown resume.....and I could change my mind.

BTW....again following a pattern. Why is he leaving.....I see no reason.....just like his previous 'appointments'.