Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

May I Respectfully Suggest...

Email Clinton Comey secret server classified grand jury House Oversight Committee scandal FBI

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#1 BSCSMD

BSCSMD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,975 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:10 PM

While I am not in any way a Clinton supporter, sympathizer, or apologist, may I respectfully suggest - as someone who knows that Hillary Clinton brought this all upon herself by attempting to have a secret email server to avoid being subject to the Freedom of Information Act and being held accountable to the People - that you listen to or watch the entire testimony before House Oversight Committee hearings today before you pass judgment based upon the accounts - the carefully picked and edited accounts based upon where the person doing the picking and editing lays on the ideological and political spectrum - you are sure to hear and see for months to come?

I don't appreciate or support when those who I ideologically and politically oppose cherry pick facts and comments made by people and use them to advance their cause or misrepresent in a most dishonest manner people they oppose. I don't appreciate or support when those whom I ideologically and politically agree also engage in the same unfair behavior.

I did listen to nearly the entire hearing. My takeaway is that while Hillary Clinton did absolutely violate her responsibility to safeguard classified information and that she and her staff absolutely should have known better than to engage in the whole litany and pattern of behavior in which they engaged, there was simply was not enough there IN TOTALITY to make a CLEAR case to a Grand Jury - more or less and jury in a criminal prosecution - that what she did was anything other than careless and frankly, stupid, but based on the evidence and case law precedent, a reasonable prosecutor would not be able to able to expect a reasonable enough chance of obtaining a conviction, and therefore would be foolish to proceed in such a manner. As such, the FBI has done the right thing in this case. Their reputation and integrity should not be called into question over this matter. Again, if you listen to or watch the entire hearing, you will hear or see Director Comey specifically state that he looked for any wat he could to find a way to prosecute Hillary Clinton for what she had done, but he simply could not find a way to justify doing so.

In no means does this indicate that in any possible way that Hillary Clinton has been cleared of any wrongdoing. To the contrary, she has behaved in a foolish, careless manner. It does not mean that she is getting a "free pass." In taking account the actions that she did, along with her staff - who are a direct reflection of her - her judgment has seriously called into question to the point that she is forever damaged. It also clearly illustrates the lengths she will go and the risks she will take to avoid transparency and accountability to the American People, with blatant disregard to the public trust and national security. This entire fiasco is nothing short of a reminder of her behavior which belies what must be her personal belief that she is above the law and better than the "average" American.

The question remains: "Will it matter to the American voter come November 8, 2016?"

For this American voter, "Yes, it will!" and a hope and pray that it matters to enough voters that she is not elected and forever leaves public "service" once and for all.

#2 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,522 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:12 PM

:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: Do people still take Prozac? 'Cause it sounds like the GOP needs it today. Meltdown after meltdown...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]America Is Back! :rwb:

#3 BaySock

BaySock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:27 PM

Does this include Colin Powell and Connie Rice who also supposedly had systems at home, a culture in the State Department, where I've known for many many years senior members had secure devices at home like STU telephones.  Yes they were secure devices to place calls but the area, their homes were not.

Edited by BaySock, 07 July 2016 - 03:35 PM.

#4 BSCSMD

BSCSMD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,975 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:33 PM

:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: Do people still take Prozac? 'Cause it sounds like the GOP needs it today. Meltdown after meltdown...

You obviously did not read what I wrote.

#5 BSCSMD

BSCSMD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,975 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:36 PM

Does this include Colin Powell and Connie Rice who also supposedly had systems at home, a culture in the State Department, where I've known for many many years senior members had secure devices at home like STU telephones.  Yes they were secure devices to place calls but the area, their homes were not.

While their names were brought up today by the minority members of the Committee in an effort to distract and deflect away from the failures of Hillary Clinton and her staff, what they had done prior to this case have no bearing whatsoever on this case.

As a matter of fact, your behavior is exactly the sort of behavior that I spoke of in what I wrote - which you obviously did not read.

#6 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,848 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:39 PM

They never do ......

#7 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,668 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:41 PM

Sure he did. You have the same sour grapes that every other right winger who posts here has. The only difference is, you acknowledge Comey did his job properly despite not getting an indictment. And you didn't include the conspiracy theory nonsense

Edited by bmore_ken, 07 July 2016 - 03:57 PM.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#8 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,522 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:44 PM

I read it. It still ended with the same  Donald Trump talking point that she's damaged beyond electability.  C'mon it's not like you would've voted for Hillary anyway regardless of this  :rolleyes:

Edited by Marshan Man, 07 July 2016 - 03:44 PM.

#9 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,522 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:45 PM

Sure he did. You have the same sour grapes that every other right winger who posts here has. The only difference is, you acknowledge Comey did his job properly despite not getting an indictment.

Right. Like he really needed to start another whole new thread for this dramatized rant.

#10 MiddleOfTheRoad

MiddleOfTheRoad

Among the thinking people

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:46 PM

While I am not in any way a Clinton supporter, sympathizer, or apologist, may I respectfully suggest - as someone who knows that Hillary Clinton brought this all upon herself by attempting to have a secret email server to avoid being subject to the Freedom of Information Act and being held accountable to the People - that you listen to or watch the entire testimony before House Oversight Committee hearings today before you pass judgment based upon the accounts - the carefully picked and edited accounts based upon where the person doing the picking and editing lays on the ideological and political spectrum - you are sure to hear and see for months to come?

I don't appreciate or support when those who I ideologically and politically oppose cherry pick facts and comments made by people and use them to advance their cause or misrepresent in a most dishonest manner people they oppose. I don't appreciate or support when those whom I ideologically and politically agree also engage in the same unfair behavior.

I did listen to nearly the entire hearing. My takeaway is that while Hillary Clinton did absolutely violate her responsibility to safeguard classified information and that she and her staff absolutely should have known better than to engage in the whole litany and pattern of behavior in which they engaged, there was simply was not enough there IN TOTALITY to make a CLEAR case to a Grand Jury - more or less and jury in a criminal prosecution - that what she did was anything other than careless and frankly, stupid, but based on the evidence and case law precedent, a reasonable prosecutor would not be able to able to expect a reasonable enough chance of obtaining a conviction, and therefore would be foolish to proceed in such a manner. As such, the FBI has done the right thing in this case. Their reputation and integrity should not be called into question over this matter. Again, if you listen to or watch the entire hearing, you will hear or see Director Comey specifically state that he looked for any wat he could to find a way to prosecute Hillary Clinton for what she had done, but he simply could not find a way to justify doing so.

In no means does this indicate that in any possible way that Hillary Clinton has been cleared of any wrongdoing. To the contrary, she has behaved in a foolish, careless manner. It does not mean that she is getting a "free pass." In taking account the actions that she did, along with her staff - who are a direct reflection of her - her judgment has seriously called into question to the point that she is forever damaged. It also clearly illustrates the lengths she will go and the risks she will take to avoid transparency and accountability to the American People, with blatant disregard to the public trust and national security. This entire fiasco is nothing short of a reminder of her behavior which belies what must be her personal belief that she is above the law and better than the "average" American.

The question remains: "Will it matter to the American voter come November 8, 2016?"

For this American voter, "Yes, it will!" and a hope and pray that it matters to enough voters that she is not elected and forever leaves public "service" once and for all.

Good to hear from you, Sarge. Long time!

#11 BSCSMD

BSCSMD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,975 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:48 PM

Sure he did. You have the same sour grapes that every other right winger who posts here has. The only difference is, you acknowledge Comey did his job properly despite not getting an indictment.

I do not know where you get the idea that I am engaging in any "sour grape" behavior or that I am a "Right-Winger." I tend to vote Republican and lean Conservative on the ideological and political spectrum.

I was also very clear in my dislike of anyone of any ideological and political persuasion who selectively misrepresents facts and comments to support their ideological and political point-of-view.

If you did read what I wrote, I invite you to do so once again, as it seems that you have missed my point and my fairness - regardless of my ideological or political thoughts.

#12 BSCSMD

BSCSMD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,975 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:54 PM

I read it. It still ended with the same  Donald Trump talking point that she's damaged beyond electability.  C'mon it's not like you would've voted for Hillary anyway regardless of this  :rolleyes:

If you read it, you did so in the same manner that the lawyers for Hillary Clinton read her emails before they deleted them, only looking for keywords or phrases that fit their preconceived notion of what was important, because nowhere did I state Hillary Clinton is "damaged beyond electability." As a matter of fact had you paid attention, you would have noted that I lament that in spite of all of this she still very well could be elected.

#13 BSCSMD

BSCSMD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,975 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:55 PM

Good to hear from you, Sarge. Long time!

I have a life. ;)

#14 genghiskhanraven

genghiskhanraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:04 PM

If you read it, you did so in the same manner that the lawyers for Hillary Clinton read her emails before they deleted them, only looking for keywords or phrases that fit their preconceived notion of what was important, because nowhere did I state Hillary Clinton is "damaged beyond electability." As a matter of fact had you paid attention, you would have noted that I lament that in spite of all of this she still very well could be elected.[/size]

You ever hear of the saying you can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich?
Their absolutely was enough there to prosecute her for compromising Nation Security and it was ridiculous and dirty political pool for the DOJ to cospire with the FBI, the FBI should not be the ones to determine if the case was not enough to prosecute.
Hillary is a dirty fat liar

Edited by genghiskhanraven, 07 July 2016 - 04:05 PM.

#15 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,668 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

The RWNJ meltdown continues. It's a lovely thing to see :D :D

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#16 BSCSMD

BSCSMD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,975 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:18 PM

Their absolutely was enough there to prosecute her for compromising Nation Security and it was ridiculous and dirty political pool for the DOJ to cospire with the FBI, the FBI should not be the ones to determine if the case was not enough to prosecute.

That was the point of Director Comey. He did not feel it was just to present this or any other similar case to a grand jury as it "criminalizes" bad judgement. He never once stated that he did not feel he could get an indictment. He felt that given legal precedent there were not grounds to seek such an indictment.

Again, had you listened to or watched the entire testimony given before the Committee you would know that.

#17 veraciousmooncalf

veraciousmooncalf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:21 PM

I do not know where you get the idea that I am engaging in any "sour grape" behavior or that I am a "Right-Winger." I tend to vote Republican and lean Conservative on the ideological and political spectrum.

I was also very clear in my dislike of anyone of any ideological and political persuasion who selectively misrepresents facts and comments to support their ideological and political point-of-view.

If you did read what I wrote, I invite you to do so once again, as it seems that you have missed my point and my fairness - regardless of my ideological or political thoughts.

Why does everyone here pretend they are somebody they aint?

#18 BSCSMD

BSCSMD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,975 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:22 PM

The RWNJ meltdown continues. It's a lovely thing to see :D :D

I do not know what is the "RWNJ" means, unless it is shorthand for "Right-Wing Nut Jobs", in which case I see no need to engage in slurs and insults. I have been respectful of you. Is it too much to ask that you return the favor?

As for any "meltdown", I don't see it. I do, however, see people who do not understand that ENTIRETY of the matter acting out on PARTIAL information, which is being used to agitate other for political purposes. That is the point of what I have written and shared.

#19 veraciousmooncalf

veraciousmooncalf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:22 PM

You saw the evidence?

#20 BSCSMD

BSCSMD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,975 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:23 PM

Why does everyone here pretend they are somebody they aint?

I would not know. I am concerned with myself and no one else.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Email, Clinton, Comey, secret, server, classified, grand jury, House Oversight Committee, scandal, FBI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users