Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BSCSMD

May I Respectfully Suggest...

130 posts in this topic

Some of the people on this forum are not interested in a conversation. They are only interested in finding people who agree with their point of view and being divisive.

Conversation is not possible when one wishes to limit and deny other posters' ability to make legitimate points of comparison.

The Bush administration's claims and presentation of "cherry~picked" information and lies to justify what has become one of the biggest debacles which led to the current situation in the Middle East is legitimately part of any such discussion as the one this thread initiated. :rolleyes:

Edited by 0ctoburn

"Are the peoples of the Middle East somehow beyond the reach of liberty?  Are millions of men and women and children condemned by history or culture to live in despotism? Are they alone never to know freedom and never to have a choice in the matter? I, for one, do not believe it. I believe every person has the ability and the right to be free."[/size]

"Iraqi democracy will succeed.  And that success will send forth the news, from Damascus to Tehran, that freedom can be the future of every nation. The establishment of a free Iraq at the heart of the Middle East will be a watershed event in the global democratic revolution."[/size]

George Bush[/size]

Well ~ he got the "watershed event" part of his prediction right but not in the way he thought it would be.

There were WMDs in Iraq. That has been proven time and time again. However, they were not in the quantities nor did they pose the threat that were once thought. Putting that aside, who cares? WMDs were only a small reason of why President Bush outlined that we needed to remove Saddam Hussein from power. Now that I have acknowledged your silliness and attempt to hijack this thread, can we get back to the subject at hand?

They were there when we brought them there and they ended up in the hands of terrorists that we created and enabled