Hoco League Champ   26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the title this year?

• Howard
    • Oakland Mills
    • Atholton
    • Glenelg
    • Wilde Lake
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

529 posts in this topic

Football Signings

Reservoir

Mason Baker TE  St Francis University (Pa)

Wilde Lake

Tyrell Barnes     LB   West Virginia State University

Darius Nicholas Ath  West Virginia State University

Abdoul Sow       DE   Alderson Broaddus (WV)

Stanley Kirkland SS  Wesley University

Koran Henry      SB   Shenandoah University

Howard

Michael Gillespie   P   Monmouth (NJ)

Bryson Craven    CB  Clarion University (Pa)

Muddy McHemba DE  Notre Dame College (OH)

Tanner Scaife      WR  Fairmont State (WVa)

Cameron Hooper WR  Wesley College (Del)

Long Reach

Greg Benton Jr    LB   Army

Tyler Raines        QB   Towson University

Damon McKinney  DL    Shaw University

Emmanuel Ekop  WR   Stevenson University

Glenelg

Dakota Davis    OL   Syracuse

Hammond

Diata Burns   CB/SB  Bowie St

Dylan Sicca       OL   Wesley College

D'Andra Veney  CB   Stevenson University

TyQuan Carter  RB   Wilkes University (Pa)

Atholton

Sean Washington DE/TE  Howard University

Joe Lazzari      LB              Catholic University

Ben Lovera      K               Susquehanna University

Jasen Parkins  SS             Bridgewater College

Habib Bundu   WR/DB       College of the Desert JC (Ca.)

Marriotts Ridge

Mason Pung      QB    McDaniel College

Mt Hebron

Rickey Williams Jr  ATH  Lycoming College

Centennial

Oakland Mills

River Hill

Edited by ShoNuff07
update

Any word on the Howard coaching position?

So far I haven't heard a word on the openings at Howard and Mt Hebron.

HOCO jobs are only avail to certified teachers. Got email from AD at Howard. Internal first

Same with Hebron

Do they only have to be a certified teacher or do they also have to teach at the school?

Did the entire staff at Howard leave? Would be nice to have some continuity

I believe the staff for now is still there.  Maybe the new head coach might want to bring in his staff...which I hope he doesn't.

I believe the staff for now is still there. Maybe the new head coach might want to bring in his staff...which I hope he doesn't.

Any of those guys interested?

Any of those guys interested?

I am not sure....I guess I could try to ask around.

Sho, ask Coach DeLawn Parrish!

Sho, ask Coach DeLawn Parrish!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!

DW,

THAT young man is NOT coming back to Howard County!  He's in a VERY talented-rich area in PG County.  I know I would stay at Wise. He has built what some call "the 3rd best college team in the state of Maryland".  Why leave that?

You made my day with that one DayWalker....Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

I agree, there is no place like home.  If he were to come back to Howard, he would have to go back and beat Wise. He is a great coach, but if he could pull that off, he would be in the discussion as one of the best ever.  As Bum Phillips said, "A great coach can take his'n and beat your'n, then take your'n and beat his'n."  I don't think he is leaving Wise, but that would be a cool trick if he could pull it off.

I agree, there is no place like home.  If he were to come back to Howard, he would have to go back and beat Wise. He is a great coach, but if he could pull that off, he would be in the discussion as one of the best ever.  As Bum Phillips said, "A great coach can take his'n and beat your'n, then take your'n and beat his'n."  I don't think he is leaving Wise, but that would be a cool trick if he could pull it off.

Nah coach.  First things first.  If Coach Parrish returned home, his priority would NOT be beating Wise but rather defeating many Howard County teams and then go from there.  No one public team should be the sole focus of any other public team.  It's a marathon, not a targeted sprint.  Wise is a back-to-back 4A state champion but Northwest was a back-to-back 4A state champion before Wise.  And we had another 4A state champion before them.  Just sayin'....

Nah coach.  First things first.  If Coach Parrish returned home, his priority would NOT be beating Wise but rather defeating many Howard County teams and then go from there.  No one public team should be the sole focus of any other public team.  It's a marathon, not a targeted sprint.  Wise is a back-to-back 4A state champion but Northwest was a back-to-back 4A state champion before Wise.  And we had another 4A state champion before them.  Just sayin'....

Day,

While I do agree you should focus on winning the County first, but Howard has done that the past 3 years.  And with the talent that's coming back I would say they are favored to do such again.  I don't see why they shouldn't focus/train this off-season to beat Wise, but that would mean they must train harder than ever before.  But I do get what you are saying, must win County, then Regionals before playing a Wise or even a Quince Orchard in the State semis.

Howard's issue has not been coaching during their struggles against Wise.  It is not about Xs and Os just Jimmy and Joe's.

No offense at all to Coach Parrish who does a good job with the cards he has.

True, Coach Parrish ranks up there with all of them. Also true about the Jimmy and Joes. With all due respect to the Lions, the Pumas, figuretively speaking, over the last 2 years, have had like 2 Jimmy's, another Jimmie, 3 James, a Jim, 2 Joe's, and a Joseph, on both of their respective championship teams, while the Lions have had a Jimmy, a James, and a Joe, on their respective regional championship teams.

What's crazy is that there is massive home construction going on all around Wise coupled with a chance that DouglassPG could close sending even more to Wise.

Hence, another reason DeLawn isn't going anywhere until its literally ^.

If say Wake Forest comes a calling, he could depart.  Just sayin'

DeLawn could coach at the college level, and recruit at that level.  He carries himself with great charisma.  Talking to him, he truly cares about his players and the program.  He doing a great job.  He certainly has put himself to have options in the future.