Hoco League Champ   26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the title this year?

• Howard
    • Oakland Mills
    • Atholton
    • Glenelg
    • Wilde Lake
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

529 posts in this topic

"Centennial only has 25 players on their roster."

Wow...seriously?!?! Not that I'm doubting GDEF, but this is really unfortunate they can't get more than 25 kids to come out for football. Am curious as to whether overall numbers at lots of schools are down (because of the concussion fears?)...I'm assuming schools are taking a hit (no pun intended) because of this with their participation numbers.

Not winning a game in 2 years will affect turnout a little bit. Howard has over 60 kids on their varsity rosters so numbers are def not low there. Again that is probably a product of the programs success. 

"Centennial only has 25 players on their roster."

Wow...seriously?!?! Not that I'm doubting GDEF, but this is really unfortunate they can't get more than 25 kids to come out for football. Am curious as to whether overall numbers at lots of schools are down (because of the concussion fears?)...I'm assuming schools are taking a hit (no pun intended) because of this with their participation numbers.

and River Hill only has 29 on Varsity...

and River Hill only has 29 on Varsity...

I want to say River Hill came to Howard last year with the same amount of players and actually played Howard fairly close until a 4th Qtr long TD run by Malik Anderson to kill any realistic hope.

Edited by ShoNuff07

River Hill @ Wilde Lake

Centennial @ Hammond

Long Reach @ Mt. Hebron

Howard @ Reservoir

Marriotts Ridge @ Atholton

Oakland Mills @ Glenelg

River Hill @ Wilde Lake

Centennial @ Hammond

Long Reach @ Mt. Hebron

Howard @ Reservoir

Marriotts Ridge @ Atholton

Oakland Mills @ Glenelg

Agree except I'll take Hammond over the Eagles

Hi gentlemen.  Obviously by my handle Ive just moved to Hoco from PA and would like to catch a game tonight.  Which is the best match-up?  Location isnt much of an option but I am East of 29.

thanks

Hi gentlemen.  Obviously by my handle Ive just moved to Hoco from PA and would like to catch a game tonight.  Which is the best match-up?  Location isnt much of an option but I am East of 29.

thanks

Howard v Rezzi. Both teams are top 5 returning teams in the league, with Howard probably the best team in the league this year. 

Good football in your part of PA?

thanks

Howard v Rezzi. Both teams are top 5 returning teams in the league, with Howard probably the best team in the league this year. 

While I think that's a pretty good game, I think the best game to catch is the Oakland Mills/Glenelg game.  I believe that game will be a very close matchup.

Agree except I'll take Hammond over the Eagles

I been going back and forth on this one since Centennial has a fairly "lean" roster.  Just going to stick with my gut on this one and say Centennial .  I will eat crow if needed later....

Pittsburgh Area, so for the most part, yes.  School are so much bigger here, and it seems from reading that publics dont play the privates here.  PA has them in the same conferences.  With over 700 HS and finally went to 6A this year so Im not sure who is in what class up there anymore but Aliquippa, Clairton are small schools that could hang with almost anyone.  

Any big time recruits I should watch for?

thanks for the info?

Pittsburgh Area, so for the most part, yes.  School are so much bigger here, and it seems from reading that publics dont play the privates here.  PA has them in the same conferences.  With over 700 HS and finally went to 6A this year so Im not sure who is in what class up there anymore but Aliquippa, Clairton are small schools that could hang with almost anyone.  

Any big time recruits I should watch for?

thanks for the info?

In the Reservoir/Howard game top recruits are Reservoir's TE/DE Mason Baker (Towson University offer) and Howard's WR/DB Bryson Craven (Monmouth University offer). 

In the Glenelg/Oakland Mills game as of now the top recruit is Glenelg's OL Dakota Davis has 15+ D-1 offers but has verbally committed to Syracuse University.  Oakland Mills QB Aaron Gibson moved up to varsity half-way into last season and managed to throw for over 1000yds.  Not sure who is looking at him at this time but he's ranked in Maryland Varsity Rivals Top 40 players in the Class of 2018.

Marriotts Ridge went up 10-7 on Atholton with 6 minutes to go. 61 yard run set up 1 yard TD run, to put Raiders up, 14-10. Earned supplemental insurance shortly thereafter.

Lions win 25th in a row in HoCo.

Lions should go undefeated. Glenelg and Atholton should figure among top 4, with the sleeper darling, Long Reach. River Hill, Wilde Lake, Marriotts Ridge, and Reservoir should battle for the next 3-4 spots in the county, along with possibly, Oakland Mills. Centennial, Hammond and Hebron, may go collectively, winless v the rest, though the Eagles did put up 30 and posted a 9 point win over the Bears tonight. Hebron, shutout, slammed, 33-0. Howard did the usual, won by 3 TD's. Atholton, has some skill players, maybe some questions on the line. No questions about Glenelg's mammoth line, though Howard again has the best OL and DL's combos in the county. River Hill, Wilde Lake, and Long Reach could all battle Atholton for the 3A region crown. Oakland Mills overall talent has diminished, as compared to the last 2 years, and were overrated by several outlets going in.

Lions win 25th in a row in HoCo.

Lions should go undefeated. Glenelg and Atholton should figure among top 4, with the sleeper darling, Long Reach. River Hill, Wilde Lake, Marriotts Ridge, and Reservoir should battle for the next 3-4 spots in the county, along with possibly, Oakland Mills. Centennial, Hammond and Hebron, may go collectively, winless v the rest, though the Eagles did put up 30 and posted a 9 point win over the Bears tonight. Hebron, shutout, slammed, 33-0. Howard did the usual, won by 3 TD's. Atholton, has some skill players, maybe some questions on the line. No questions about Glenelg's mammoth line, though Howard again has the best OL and DL's combos in the county. River Hill, Wilde Lake, and Long Reach could all battle Atholton for the 3A region crown. Oakland Mills overall talent has diminished, as compared to the last 2 years, and were overrated by several outlets going in.

Reservoir didn't play a bad game.  I am just trying to understand why they are not trying to throw the ball to their D-1 TE.  If I am not mistaken he only was targeted twice the entire game.  But they will make the playoffs along with Glenelg and Atholton.  "Sneaky" River Hill and Long Reach will battle for that final spot.

I been going back and forth on this one since Centennial has a fairly "lean" roster. Just going to stick with my gut on this one and say Centennial . I will eat crow if needed later....

Looks like I'm the one eating crow.

Edited by roarmd28