Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ODENTON

Serena Williams wins a 7th Wimbledon

4 posts in this topic

The 34-year-old American did it, as she often does, with nearly impeccable serving. She slammed 13 aces, including at least one in each of her first eight service games. She won 38 of 43 points when she put a first serve in.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/serena-williams-wins-7th-wimbledon-ties-grand-slam-mark-22-article-1.2705330

back in my I can play anything years I thought tennis was easy...........well then I started playing it.

Congrats Serena!

Not many 34-year-olds win Grand Slam titles in tennis. I don't know if Serena is any better than the likes of Martina and Steffi, but she certainly compares.

have you been following track and Field in Eugene (notice the mdrunning).

I'm wishing the best for Matthew Centrowitz.

I watched him run when his 9 or 10 at Severna Park High during the summer track series they use to hold. He could flat out run even then.

have you been following track and Field in Eugene (notice the mdrunning).

I'm wishing the best for Matthew Centrowitz.

I watched him run when his 9 or 10 at Severna Park High during the summer track series they use to hold. He could flat out run even then.

I saw Centro a number of times in high school (his sister Lauren as well). He didn't even start running seriously until his sophomore year in high school. I think he played soccer before that. I thought he might break 4 minutes in the 1600, but that eluded him by a few seconds. Then again, it's not always easy to set a record when there's no one near you.

Not only did Centrowitz qualify for the Olympics in the 1500, he set a United States record in the process. I'm glad for him but I can't say I'm surprised.