Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PinkFlamingo

The Ark Encounter

88 posts in this topic

https://arkencounter.com/

A theme park in Kentucky. An "actual size" ark.

Where dinosaurs supposedly traveled with animals and Noah.

Would you visit this?

Really, dinosaurs? ......

You have a link to that? ......

Really, dinosaurs? ......

You have a link to that? ......

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/noahs-ark-dinosaurs_us_577d9ff8e4b0344d514dea93

The new Ark Encounter tourist attraction in Kentucky wants you to think that dinosaurs were practically pets just a few thousand years ago.

While scientists agree that dinosaurs died out some 65 million years ago during the K-T mass extinction, Ark Encounter creator Ken Ham believes the planet is only around 6,000 years old. Thus, man and dinosaurs lived together... maybe like in the Flintstones.

The Noah’s Ark he built in Williamstown features exhibits showing dinosaurs peacefully living in cages aboard the ship:

While his intentions are good people like that do a disservice to Christianity. 

Taxpayer subsidized stupidity.

The massive attraction has been the subject of controversy, not only because it stands as a giant monument to creationism, but also for its hiring practices and tax breaks. 

Ark Encounter employees are required to sign a statement saying they are Christians and that Jesus Christ is their savior, the Christian Post reported. In addition, the site has been given $18 million in state tax incentives, something critics said shouldn’t have been allowed, given its religious nature.

On the off chance citizens aren't stupid enough, provide tax incentives for nonsense like this.

Taxpayer subsidized stupidity.

They should eliminate the tax breaks for all religions and religious organizations .....

It's all a scam .....

Not just to Christianity, they also do a disservice to logic and reason.

Not just to Christianity, they also do a disservice to logic and reason.

That too.

Do they have invisible men too?

I don't understand this question.

But, I'm not advocating this place. I find it amazing that it even exists, and with taxpayer help to boot.

Had a Boat once. Too much Paint, Polishing & Sanding & Teak Oil and you name it for weeks just to get Ready for the season. An Ark? No wonder he only used it Once! :lol:

Had a Boat once. Too much Paint, Polishing & Sanding & Teak Oil and you name it for weeks just to get Ready for the season. An Ark? No wonder he only used it Once! :lol:

You've mentioned your boat, and all the work, before on here. Obviously you had an old wooden boat.

They're made of fiberglass now.

In fact, I've owned 6 boats over 40 years and they've all been fiberglass!

Paint the bottom once a year, keep it in the slip during the summer, wash it, vacuum it, maintain it like any vehicle, and put it up on land, covered in the winter.

Voila. No problems.

The best day in spring is when it goes in the water, and the saddest day in late fall is when it comes out.

My Grandfather & Uncle had a boat up in NJ when I was a Kid in the 50's, It was a small like 20' or so cabin cruiser with an outboard and we went out from Forked River onto the Barnegat Bay many times. I remember seeing the US Navy Blimps over the bay out of Lakehurst. That's how long ago it was and how Old I am now. Then later back here Dad got an open 18 footer outboard when I was a bit older sometime in the 60's. Then in the 80's when I was out on my own Dad talked me into getting into a 40' twin inboard cruiser with him. It was a Documented aft cabin Yacht with twin Chryslers! You don't take that out of the water in the winter! He'd take it out with his fishing buddies and I'd take it out to party with friends and people I worked with. We ran that for like 4 years before selling it off and that was the end of it all. Dad was getting older and I had other things to do. Yes every boat we had was wood. We weren't Rich so everything we bought was used, we used them for a while then sold them off. Fun, yeah but plenty of Work & Money. Like I said, a Boat is something that Floats that you sink Money into.

Fun, yeah but plenty of Work & Money. Like I said, a Boat is something that Floats that you sink Money into.

That's why I'm always a guest on boats and not an owner :)

You've mentioned your boat, and all the work, before on here. Obviously you had an old wooden boat.

They're made of fiberglass now.

In fact, I've owned 6 boats over 40 years and they've all been fiberglass!

Paint the bottom once a year, keep it in the slip during the summer, wash it, vacuum it, maintain it like any vehicle, and put it up on land, covered in the winter.

Voila. No problems.

The best day in spring is when it goes in the water, and the saddest day in late fall is when it comes out.

I work with someone who has owned boats, and he told me that the two greatest days in a man's life are: 1) The day he buys a boat, and 2) The day he sells the boat.

I work with someone who has owned boats, and he told me that the two greatest days in a man's life are: 1) The day he buys a boat, and 2) The day he sells the boat.

Then he hasn't done it right.

Of course not, only you can do that .....

That's why no one else's opinion matters .....

If one is wealthy and can afford to have somebody else do all of the maintenance, then boats are great.  If you do everything yourself, not so much.  I hated the smurf days every spring, sanding the blue toxic paint off of the hull.

If one is wealthy and can afford to have somebody else do all of the maintenance, then boats are great. If you do everything yourself, not so much. I hated the smurf days every spring, sanding the blue toxic paint off of the hull.

My husband can't wait to get started on that in the spring. He gets all yard and deck cleaning done first so he can devote time to getting the boat ready. Problem is, as he's gotten older, the boats have gotten bigger. Next year, I think he may pay someone to paint the bottom (on my insistence.)

I can agree with that. I'm happy with just a kayak.