Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PinkFlamingo

The Ark Encounter

88 posts in this topic

None of you were there. Maybe the dinosaurs fell overboard or couldn't adapt to their new environment when the flood subsided. :rolleyes:

My husband can't wait to get started on that in the spring. He gets all yard and deck cleaning done first so he can devote time to getting the boat ready. Problem is, as he's gotten older, the boats have gotten bigger. Next year, I think he may pay someone to paint the bottom (on my insistence.)

Thats my dad. I think he comes up with new boat projects for the fun of it. Buys a nice boat, then spends thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours tweaking it. He seems to enjoy that aspect as much as the fishing.  

None of you were there. Maybe the dinosaurs fell overboard or couldn't adapt to their new environment when the flood subsided. :rolleyes:

Even without the dinos, the Ark story taken literally is sketchy, to put it kindly.

Actually, the dinosaurs, while misplaced on the ark, are the only thing at the park that has a basis in science. 

How do YOU know "none" of us were around?  :P

The ark came to rest on Mount Ararat after the flood subsided. And Mount Ararat ~ like many mountains in high altitudes ~ are sometimes covered in snow.

I'd like to see some of you try to survive on top of a mountain or climb down it.

Noah built an ark ~ but he wasn't a expert on animal behavior or needs ~ was he? :rolleyes:

Of course the dinosaurs perished. Or maybe that was part of the plan all along ~ to use the dinosaurs to feed the other animals once the reached Mount Ararat.

The ark came to rest on Mount Ararat after the flood subsided. And Mount Ararat ~ like many mountains in high altitudes ~ are sometimes covered in snow.

I'd like to see some of you try to survive on top of a mountain or climb down it.

Noah built an ark ~ but he wasn't a expert on animal behavior or needs ~ was he? :rolleyes:

Of course the dinosaurs perished. Or maybe that was part of the plan all along ~ to use the dinosaurs to feed the other animals once the reached Mount Ararat.

Of course it was!  The cougars, goats and impalas all needed something to fuel their roaming ways.  B)

I don't know if you're being serious or not. But, the logistics would obviously require divine intervention. 

Christianity is riddled with cultural appropriation, the great flood being just one example.

If all animal life on earth perished, except for the animals that were saved by the ark, then released on Mt. Ararat, there would be a physical trail. Very few species could even survive that habitat, much less spread from there to worldwide.

I'm not sure if the proprietors of the Ark Encounter actually believe what they're selling, or if they are just taking advantage of the masses.  

A simple bit of education makes it clear that the story could not have happened, but that it's actually a device to make a larger point.

Edited by pepper

Of course it was! The cougars, goats and impalas all needed something to fuel their roaming ways. B)

That anyone still believes that fairytale is amazing. But, what's even more amazing is that Kentucky helped fund this "amusement park" and that they believe it can turn a profit.

Today's kids have so much science available to them that I doubt many would see this as anything other than make-believe.

I don't know if you're being serious or not. But, the logistics would obviously require divine intervention. 

Christianity is riddled with cultural appropriation, the great flood being just one example.

If all animal life on earth perished, except for the animals that were saved by the ark, then released on Mt. Ararat, there would be a physical trail. Very few species could even survive that habitat, much less spread from there to worldwide.

I'm not sure if the proprietors of the Ark Encounter actually believe what they're selling, or if they are just taking advantage of the masses.  

A simple bit of education makes it clear that the story could not have happened, but that it's actually a device to make a larger point.

Then how do you explain Nessie and Bigfoot sightings? :rolleyes:

It is a scientific fact that dinosaurs and people did not coexist. There are literally dozens of flood stories from different cultures!

Got it, you're kidding. 

Nessie is easy. There simply isn't enough food to sustain an animal of the described size. 

Ravenchamps passionate defense of the existence of Bigfoot and aliens were some of the funniest threads ever on here :) ......

I still go over to the other board from time to time when I need a laugh ....

It is a scientific fact that dinosaurs and people did not coexist.

Really ??

Wow, you are really smart :rolleyes:....

That anyone still believes that fairytale is amazing. But, what's even more amazing is that Kentucky helped fund this "amusement park" and that they believe it can turn a profit.

Today's kids have so much science available to them that I doubt many would see this as anything other than make-believe.

Never underestimate the power of belief over logic.  Today's kids have all that information available to them, but mom and dad can have a much larger influence when it comes to religion.  While I understand that there are many things we mere humans don't understand, this doesn't fall into that realm.

Really ??

Wow, you are really smart :rolleyes:....

The ark folks attempt to show otherwise with their taxpayer dollars!

The ark folks attempt to show otherwise with their taxpayer dollars!

Oh, so that was the intended audience for your post.....

Do you think they are reading this? ....

Two points. I won't debate them. My opinions::

1. Creationism & Evolution are not mutually exclusive. The Creator may have used evolution as his M.O. after The Beginning.
  2. All the "large" creatures on the Ark (including dinosaurs aka serpents aka leviathans aka dragons) may have been young - not fully grown adults.

Two points. I won't debate them. My opinions::

• Creationism & Evolution are not mutually exclusive. The Creator may have used evolution as his M.O. after The Beginning.
  • All the "large" creatures on the Ark (including dinosaurs aka serpents aka leviathans aka dragons) may have been young - not fully grown adults.

Of course, the bats wouldn't have taken much room, they would have hung from the ceiling. :D

Got it, you're kidding. 

Nessie is easy. There simply isn't enough food to sustain an animal of the described size.

Nature finds a way to adapt. That is how sasquatch have managed to live on the outskirts of civilization and in some cases ~ blend in without much notice unless harassed by those who actively hunt for them.

Large creatures like Nessie use hidden underwater channels that link large bodies of inland water to the ocean where they breed and find their food supply. :rolleyes:

Nature finds a way to adapt. That is how sasquatch have managed to live on the outskirts of civilization and in some cases ~ blend in without much notice unless harassed by those who actively hunt for them.Large creatures like Nessie use hidden underwater channels that link large bodies of inland water to the ocean where they breed and find their food supply. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Nessie just has to be careful not to bump into captain Nemo's Nautilus, in those channels. :rolleyes:

Edited by WKDWZD

I can't figure out who's joking. A couple of these responses are really out there.

I can't figure out who's joking. A couple of these responses are really out there.

I'm hoping 0ctoburn was joking. But you just never know.

I'm hoping 0ctoburn was joking. But you just never know.

Start a poll on it. ;):D