Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PinkFlamingo

The Ark Encounter

88 posts in this topic

Yeah, Nessie just has to be careful not to bump into captain Nemo's Nautilus, in those channels. :rolleyes:

I mean no offense ~ but it is just plain silly to try and compare the maneuverability of a large and rigid submarine to a flexible and likely much~smaller~but~still~rather~large sea creature like Nessie. :rolleyes:

Edited by 0ctoburn

Two points. I won't debate them. My opinions::

• Creationism & Evolution are not mutually exclusive. The Creator may have used evolution as his M.O. after The Beginning.
  • All the "large" creatures on the Ark (including dinosaurs aka serpents aka leviathans aka dragons) may have been young - not fully grown adults.

Exactly. Only a fool would put a fully~grown Tyrannosaurus Rex on an ark with other animals due to control and behavior issues. They were obviously hatchlings in all likelihood.

I mean no offense ~ but it is just plain silly to try and compare the maneuverability of a large and rigid submarine to a flexible and likely much~smaller~but~still~rather~large sea creature like Nessie. :rolleyes:

Are these "channels" supersized so that Nessie can sneak past Cap'n Nemo's Nautilus on her way to her North Sea/Atlantic Ocean salt water dips?

Eliot Nessie is untouchable! :o :P

That anyone still believes that fairytale is amazing. But, what's even more amazing is that Kentucky helped fund this "amusement park" and that they believe it can turn a profit.

Today's kids have so much science available to them that I doubt many would see this as anything other than make-believe.

Obviously you've never lived in Kentucky.  The Creation Museum turns all kinds of profit which is probably why they funded the ark.  

Obviously you've never lived in Kentucky.  The Creation Museum turns all kinds of profit which is probably why they funded the ark.

There is a lot of anti~Creationist bigotry out there. I suspect that there are some on here who are using this topic as a two~fer to spew their hatred of both Creationists and God's creatures like sasquatch and those descendants of dinosaurs who have survived the Great Flood thanks to the smart thinking of Noah. :rolleyes: Edited by 0ctoburn

There is a lot of anti~Creationist bigotry out there. I suspect that there are some on here who are using this topic as a two~fer to spew their hatred of both Creationists and God's creatures like sasquatch and those descendants of dinosaurs who have survived the Great Flood thanks to the smart thinking of Noah. :rolleyes:

Christianity for profit. Or is that prophet. :D

There is a lot of anti~Creationist bigotry out there. I suspect that there are some on here who are using this topic as a two~fer to spew their hatred of both Creationists and God's creatures like sasquatch and those descendants of dinosaurs who have survived the Great Flood thanks to the smart thinking of Noah. :rolleyes:

My problem is two fold. The state funding of religion which this clearly is. Second that the state funding was procured by calling it educational SCOTUS has ruled creationism does not belong in a science class! It is a fact that dinosaurs and people did not cohabitat the planet in any way!

Your Western indoctrination creates a cultural bias that prevents you from seeing other viewpoints.

The expedition did not turn up a live dinosaur, but it did discover a number of facts supporting the possibility:

1. Six month old footprints that could match a dinosaur - The pygmies estimated from their knowledge of tracking animals in the jungle that these tracks were approximately six months old. They were also adamant that the tracks did not belong to hippos or elephant.

2. The discovery of places where the vegetation on the ground was dragged down and the upper canopy torn away as an animal of unusual size was making its way through the jungle to the river and back - Many of the natives say that the creature is so large it frightens off the crocodiles and hippos

3. The testimony of many of the natives to the existence of a number of unusually large and different reptilian animals - These animals have clear characteristics of dinosaurs. When shown pictures of various animals including a sauropod dinosaur, they would point to the dinosaur picture as the unusual animal they have seen. Three of the animals that natives have recognized are named mokele-mbembe, nguma-monene, and mbielu-mbielu-mbielu. Mokele-mbembe means rainbow because of the shape of its long neck in the water.

http://normsplace.homestead.com/liveafricandinosaurs.html

:rolleyes:

Edited by 0ctoburn

My problem is two fold. The state funding of religion which this clearly is. Second that the state funding was procured by calling it educational SCOTUS has ruled creationism does not belong in a science class! It is a fact that dinosaurs and people did not cohabitat the planet in any way!

[quote}The expedition did not turn up a live dinosaur, but it did discover a number of facts supporting the possibility:

1. Six month old footprints that could match a dinosaur - The pygmies estimated from their knowledge of tracking animals in the jungle that these tracks were approximately six months old. They were also adamant that the tracks did not belong to hippos or elephant.

2. The discovery of places where the vegetation on the ground was dragged down and the upper canopy torn away as an animal of unusual size was making its way through the jungle to the river and back - Many of the natives say that the creature is so large it frightens off the crocodiles and hippos

3. The testimony of many of the natives to the existence of a number of unusually large and different reptilian animals - These animals have clear characteristics of dinosaurs. When shown pictures of various animals including a sauropod dinosaur, they would point to the dinosaur picture as the unusual animal they have seen. Three of the animals that natives have recognized are named mokele-mbembe, nguma-monene, and mbielu-mbielu-mbielu. Mokele-mbembe means rainbow because of the shape of its long neck in the water.

http://normsplace.homestead.com/liveafricandinosaurs.html

:rolleyes:

That is hardly serious! It is a joke!

Are you implying that the indigenous people who make those claims are lying or just ignorant? :eek::confused:

Why would they do that? :confused:They live in an environment that we only read about and have no reason to make up such stories.

Edited by 0ctoburn

Are you implying that the indigenous people who make those claims are lying or just ignorant? :eek::confused:

Why would they do that? :confused:They live in an environment that we only read about and have no reason to make up such stories.

I think this guys definition of a dinosaur is different from theirs.

I wondered what kind of person actually believed this crazy stuff over scientific facts.

Now I know. :rolleyes:

I wondered what kind of person actually believed this crazy stuff over scientific facts.

Now I know. :rolleyes:

The world is full of crazy beliefs, but the world is also crazy and unpredictable. But dinosaurs on the arc, ummmm .....no.

I remember once driving past a sign in front of a Creationist church that said "Dinosaur Lives Matter".

I couldn't wait until I got home and called them up. They took the sign down after that call. :)

Never underestimate the power of belief over logic.  Today's kids have all that information available to them, but mom and dad can have a much larger influence when it comes to religion.  While I understand that there are many things we mere humans don't understand, this doesn't fall into that realm.

I think belief, at least in matters of spiritual faith, is much stronger than hard logic for a lot of people because it often makes the unbearable bearable. 

Nature finds a way to adapt. That is how sasquatch have managed to live on the outskirts of civilization and in some cases ~ blend in without much notice unless harassed by those who actively hunt for them.

Large creatures like Nessie use hidden underwater channels that link large bodies of inland water to the ocean where they breed and find their food supply. :rolleyes:

Now I'm confused. I know otherwise "normal" people have unique interests. I build scale models, and I'm as into that as a believer is into folk lore being real.

I would not peg you as someone thats into Nessie and Bigfoot, but for those that get into it, have fun.

The loch has been as explored as any body of water. In this case, Nature can't adapt. Bigfoot seems a little more plausible, but not really.  Any animal that size living in north America (or the other places around the world with the same story) would be successful in breeding, especially considering they are not hunted at all. We have to cull the Bear heard, and this would be no different.  Their numbers would naturally be so large that after centuries, there would be at least one piece of evidence. I know there are lots of undiscovered species. New animals are "discovered" all the time. It would be cool, but if discovered, it would almost immediately be hunted out of existence. 

Now I'm confused. I know otherwise "normal" people have unique interests. I build scale models, and I'm as into that as a believer is into folk lore being real.

I would not peg you as someone thats into Nessie and Bigfoot, but for those that get into it, have fun.

The loch has been as explored as any body of water. In this case, Nature can't adapt. Bigfoot seems a little more plausible, but not really. Any animal that size living in north America (or the other places around the world with the same story) would be successful in breeding, especially considering they are not hunted at all. We have to cull the Bear heard, and this would be no different. Their numbers would naturally be so large that after centuries, there would be at least one piece of evidence. I know there are lots of undiscovered species. New animals are "discovered" all the time. It would be cool, but if discovered, it would almost immediately be hunted out of existence.

Did you know gullible wasn't in the dictionary? ......

The loch has been as explored as any body of water. In this case, Nature can't adapt. Bigfoot seems a little more plausible, but not really.  Any animal that size living in north America (or the other places around the world with the same story) would be successful in breeding, especially considering they are not hunted at all. We have to cull the Bear heard, and this would be no different.  Their numbers would naturally be so large that after centuries, there would be at least one piece of evidence. I know there are lots of undiscovered species. New animals are "discovered" all the time. It would be cool, but if discovered, it would almost immediately be hunted out of existence.

The evidence that supports their existence overwhelming. There are even television programs devoted to searching for them and they have found evidence. What you seem to be forgetting is that technology exists today that now makes it possible to record things that were not possible to capture before.

And unlike humans ~ sasquatch are not wasteful and do not kill for sport. In fact ~ there is evidence that they might even be vegetarian by nature. They are likely more plentiful in places that have never been devastated by war and where there are still large spaces of suitable habitat.

Did you know gullible wasn't in the dictionary? ......

I used that on somebody...probably smokey and it had to be explained. :(

I used that on somebody...probably smokey and it had to be explained. :(

I get it, and realize the poster isn't being serious. But I've known people that do think that way, and it's an interesting discussion. I grew up with stuff like "in search of" and bought into some of it. Not so much anymore.

I get the same comments responding to certain posters ("don't feed the fake poster") on nationals. 

I get it, and realize the poster isn't being serious. But I've known people that do think that way, and it's an interesting discussion. I grew up with stuff like "in search of" and bought into some of it. Not so much anymore.

I get the same comments responding to certain posters ("don't feed the fake poster") on nationals. 

It is an interesting discussion.  I personally know of a local (Maryland) legend that couldn't be proven by officials (DNR), so the sightings were dismissed.  However, it/they existed and still may.