Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PinkFlamingo

The Ark Encounter

88 posts in this topic

It is an interesting discussion.  I personally know of a local (Maryland) legend that couldn't be proven by officials (DNR), so the sightings were dismissed.  However, it/they existed and still may.

Which legend is that? 

A legend among hunters.  Google "ghost cats of Maryland."

I can't imagine there's any conspiracy to hide the existence of the Eastern Cougar by the Fish and Wildlife Service. They suggest that while people may be sighting a Cougar (Puma, Wildcat, etc. ) they're not seeing the subspecies that is the Eastern Cougar, which by most official accounts has been extinct since the 30's. . 

Do you know the difference between the specific species? Most people likely don't, and give the fleeting nature of such sightings, a carcass or clear photo would be needed to verify. 

It would be cool, but I thought you were talking about something like Bigfoot or some other complete unknown creature. 

Also, if it's a legend among hunters, why has no hunter ever produced a specimen? 

Edited by pepper

I can't imagine there's any conspiracy to hide the existence of the Eastern Cougar by the Fish and Wildlife Service. They suggest that while people may be sighting a Cougar (Puma, Wildcat, etc. ) they're not seeing the subspecies that is the Eastern Cougar, which by most official accounts has been extinct since the 30's. . 

Do you know the difference between the specific species? Most people likely don't, and give the fleeting nature of such sightings, a carcass or clear photo would be needed to verify. 

It would be cool, but I thought you were talking about something like Bigfoot or some other complete unknown creature. 

Also, if it's a legend among hunters, why has no hunter ever produced a specimen? 

They discount all big cat sightings in MD.  About 45 years ago I had an encounter with a panther in Harford County.  There was no mistaking it, I was only 6' away.  One of my teachers in high school who was an avid hunter let me know that it was a legend among hunters, spotted every 6 months or so.  Through the years I've seen news articles about them/it, with DNR reps and MD State Police searching for it, coming up empty handed.  They grew frustrated with the reports.  There are photos if you search enough.  Nothing like being that close and living to tell about it.

They are called ghost cats because they move silently.  I would guess that they/it avoided hunters and were not within range for a shot.

I used that on somebody...probably smokey and it had to be explained. :(

Middle daughter had baby boy looking in the dictionary once when he was young .....

He proudly proclaimed she was wrong when he found it ......

Worse was when she told him if he said green beans real slow it sounded like gullible ......

He must have said it 10 times ......

Smh .....

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/02/03/creationist-ken-ham-will-permanently-illuminate-ark-encounter-in-rainbow-colors-because-god/

The Ark goes gay (sort of),

we’ve decided to enhance the rainbow lights and make them a permanent feature during evenings at the Ark, located south of Cincinnati. We will be working over the coming months to ensure this change is permanent. It’s all part of “taking the rainbow back.”

We’re trying to help Christians and unbelievers recognize the true meaning of the rainbow as it’s given to us in the Bible (Genesis 9).

Except that's not really a rainbow, just multicolored lights that repeat.  

HAHAHA!!! Was a pretty good Hit back when? Early 60's? Gotta be an Old Fart like me to remember it.

How About....

Edited by Bartman

You've mentioned your boat, and all the work, before on here. Obviously you had an old wooden boat.

They're made of fiberglass now.

In fact, I've owned 6 boats over 40 years and they've all been fiberglass!

Paint the bottom once a year, keep it in the slip during the summer, wash it, vacuum it, maintain it like any vehicle, and put it up on land, covered in the winter.

Voila. No problems.

The best day in spring is when it goes in the water, and the saddest day in late fall is when it comes out.

Yep. Cannot wait.