87 replies to this topic

#41 jtowne-swim

jtowne-swim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,219 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:04 PM

Really ??

Wow, you are really smart :rolleyes:....

The ark folks attempt to show otherwise with their taxpayer dollars!
In 20 years....... when global warming causes the polar ice caps to melt....... and the whole planet floods. Swimmers will rule the World:cool: !

ACTION....ADVENTURE.....EXCITEMENT....A Jedi seeks not these things.:D
-Master Yoda

#42 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,167 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:00 PM

The ark folks attempt to show otherwise with their taxpayer dollars!

Oh, so that was the intended audience for your post.....

Do you think they are reading this? ....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#43 EL-FLIPPO

EL-FLIPPO

School & Street Educated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,262 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Doodad Nebula

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:20 AM

Two points. I won't debate them. My opinions::

1. Creationism & Evolution are not mutually exclusive. The Creator may have used evolution as his M.O. after The Beginning.
  2. All the "large" creatures on the Ark (including dinosaurs aka serpents aka leviathans aka dragons) may have been young - not fully grown adults.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet
.â€
~
Matthew 7:6 ~

#44 WKDWZD

WKDWZD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,046 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:45 AM

• Creationism & Evolution are not mutually exclusive. The Creator may have used evolution as his M.O. after The Beginning.
  • All the "large" creatures on the Ark (including dinosaurs aka serpents aka leviathans aka dragons) may have been young - not fully grown adults.

Of course, the bats wouldn't have taken much room, they would have hung from the ceiling. :D
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

#45 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:08 AM

Got it, you're kidding. 

Nessie is easy. There simply isn't enough food to sustain an animal of the described size.

Nature finds a way to adapt. That is how sasquatch have managed to live on the outskirts of civilization and in some cases ~ blend in without much notice unless harassed by those who actively hunt for them.

Large creatures like Nessie use hidden underwater channels that link large bodies of inland water to the ocean where they breed and find their food supply. :rolleyes:

#46 veraciousmooncalf

veraciousmooncalf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:28 AM

Now thats funny. :D

#47 WKDWZD

WKDWZD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,046 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:32 PM

Nature finds a way to adapt. That is how sasquatch have managed to live on the outskirts of civilization and in some cases ~ blend in without much notice unless harassed by those who actively hunt for them.Large creatures like Nessie use hidden underwater channels that link large bodies of inland water to the ocean where they breed and find their food supply. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Nessie just has to be careful not to bump into captain Nemo's Nautilus, in those channels. :rolleyes:

Edited by WKDWZD, 14 August 2016 - 02:33 PM.

#48 PinkFlamingo

PinkFlamingo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:44 PM

I can't figure out who's joking. A couple of these responses are really out there.

#49 veraciousmooncalf

veraciousmooncalf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:07 PM

I can't figure out who's joking. A couple of these responses are really out there.

I'm hoping 0ctoburn was joking. But you just never know.

#50 WKDWZD

WKDWZD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,046 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:55 PM

I'm hoping 0ctoburn was joking. But you just never know.

Start a poll on it. ;) :D

#51 veraciousmooncalf

veraciousmooncalf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:02 PM

Start a poll on it. ;) :D

Maybe if we ask 0ctoburn she will indulge. :D

#52 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:18 AM

Yeah, Nessie just has to be careful not to bump into captain Nemo's Nautilus, in those channels. :rolleyes:

I mean no offense ~ but it is just plain silly to try and compare the maneuverability of a large and rigid submarine to a flexible and likely much~smaller~but~still~rather~large sea creature like Nessie. :rolleyes:

Edited by 0ctoburn, 15 August 2016 - 10:19 AM.

#53 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:26 AM

• Creationism & Evolution are not mutually exclusive. The Creator may have used evolution as his M.O. after The Beginning.
  • All the "large" creatures on the Ark (including dinosaurs aka serpents aka leviathans aka dragons) may have been young - not fully grown adults.

Exactly. Only a fool would put a fully~grown Tyrannosaurus Rex on an ark with other animals due to control and behavior issues. They were obviously hatchlings in all likelihood.

#54 WKDWZD

WKDWZD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,046 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:58 AM

I mean no offense ~ but it is just plain silly to try and compare the maneuverability of a large and rigid submarine to a flexible and likely much~smaller~but~still~rather~large sea creature like Nessie. :rolleyes:

Are these "channels" supersized so that Nessie can sneak past Cap'n Nemo's Nautilus on her way to her North Sea/Atlantic Ocean salt water dips?

#55 EL-FLIPPO

EL-FLIPPO

School & Street Educated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,262 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Doodad Nebula

Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:20 PM

Eliot Nessie is untouchable! :o :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet
.â€
~
Matthew 7:6 ~

#56 The Fetching Mrs. Moon

The Fetching Mrs. Moon

Most High Queen Of All Things

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,845 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:42 AM

That anyone still believes that fairytale is amazing. But, what's even more amazing is that Kentucky helped fund this "amusement park" and that they believe it can turn a profit.
Today's kids have so much science available to them that I doubt many would see this as anything other than make-believe.

Obviously you've never lived in Kentucky.  The Creation Museum turns all kinds of profit which is probably why they funded the ark.  

#57 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:24 AM

Obviously you've never lived in Kentucky.  The Creation Museum turns all kinds of profit which is probably why they funded the ark.

There is a lot of anti~Creationist bigotry out there. I suspect that there are some on here who are using this topic as a two~fer to spew their hatred of both Creationists and God's creatures like sasquatch and those descendants of dinosaurs who have survived the Great Flood thanks to the smart thinking of Noah. :rolleyes:

Edited by 0ctoburn, 16 August 2016 - 10:24 AM.

#58 veraciousmooncalf

veraciousmooncalf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:32 AM

There is a lot of anti~Creationist bigotry out there. I suspect that there are some on here who are using this topic as a two~fer to spew their hatred of both Creationists and God's creatures like sasquatch and those descendants of dinosaurs who have survived the Great Flood thanks to the smart thinking of Noah. :rolleyes:

Christianity for profit. Or is that prophet. :D

#59 jtowne-swim

jtowne-swim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,219 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:36 AM

My problem is two fold. The state funding of religion which this clearly is. Second that the state funding was procured by calling it educational SCOTUS has ruled creationism does not belong in a science class! It is a fact that dinosaurs and people did not cohabitat the planet in any way!
In 20 years....... when global warming causes the polar ice caps to melt....... and the whole planet floods. Swimmers will rule the World:cool: !

ACTION....ADVENTURE.....EXCITEMENT....A Jedi seeks not these things.:D
-Master Yoda

#60 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:31 AM

Your Western indoctrination creates a cultural bias that prevents you from seeing other viewpoints.

The expedition did not turn up a live dinosaur, but it did discover a number of facts supporting the possibility:

1. Six month old footprints that could match a dinosaur - The pygmies estimated from their knowledge of tracking animals in the jungle that these tracks were approximately six months old. They were also adamant that the tracks did not belong to hippos or elephant.

2. The discovery of places where the vegetation on the ground was dragged down and the upper canopy torn away as an animal of unusual size was making its way through the jungle to the river and back - Many of the natives say that the creature is so large it frightens off the crocodiles and hippos

3. The testimony of many of the natives to the existence of a number of unusually large and different reptilian animals - These animals have clear characteristics of dinosaurs. When shown pictures of various animals including a sauropod dinosaur, they would point to the dinosaur picture as the unusual animal they have seen. Three of the animals that natives have recognized are named mokele-mbembe, nguma-monene, and mbielu-mbielu-mbielu. Mokele-mbembe means rainbow because of the shape of its long neck in the water.

http://normsplace.ho...ndinosaurs.html

:rolleyes:

Edited by 0ctoburn, 16 August 2016 - 11:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users