NFL QB takes a stand by not standing for the national anthem

Black Lives Matter End police brutality

• Please log in to reply
437 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Pierre_*

Guest_Pierre_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:34 AM

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL.com after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Good for him. Hopefully this starts a trend in the NFL. I never understood the purpose of playing the national anthem before games.

http://www.cbssports...ational-anthem/

#2 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,709 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:38 AM

Your sports knowledge is weak. He s trying to get cut. Colin wants out of SF. Denver could use him. 

#3 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,888 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:40 AM

Your sports knowledge is weak. He s trying to get cut. Colin wants out of SF. Denver could use him. 

I'm actually surprised they haven't already worked a trade for him.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#4 mcorioles

mcorioles

Hypocrisy Exposer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,408 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:40 AM

Weak, the same US that made him rich.We wouldn't even know who he was without being a American.

Wonder what hesvdoingvin the community financially and just showing up to help....

Edited by mcorioles, 27 August 2016 - 10:41 AM.

#5 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,529 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:42 AM

Didn't he used to make news on the field?

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#6 hst2

hst2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92,476 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:42 AM

He's right. Playing the anthem for sporting events cheapens the anthem anyway, especially in the NFL where they charge the military to honor them.
"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man. - HL Mencken

#7 mlatoman

mlatoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,250 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:11 AM

I wonder how many of his millions he's donated either to BLM, families of whatever "victims" he deems as such, or to whatever other causes he feels worthy. C'mon, Colin! Step up to the plate! Oops! Sorry, that's a baseball reference.

If I were him, I'd watch my blind side.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"This little piggie should have stayed home

#8 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,555 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:18 AM

What a football player does or doesn't do on the sidelines is irrelevant. He's a QB, if he can throw the ball, that's what matters.

Saw a report on this guy somewhere. Very religious. Go figure.

#9 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,555 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:20 AM

I wonder how many of his millions he's donated either to BLM, families of whatever "victims" he deems as such, or to whatever other causes he feels worthy. C'mon, Colin! Step up to the plate! Oops! Sorry, that's a baseball reference.

If I were him, I'd watch my blind side.

Right. Cuz not standing for the anthem is bad, deliberately injuring someone is good.

Values.

#10 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,529 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

What a football player does or doesn't do on the sidelines is irrelevant. He's a QB, if he can throw the ball, that's what matters.

Saw a report on this guy somewhere. Very religious. Go figure.

In today's media age a lot of players hurt their careers off the field.  Ever hear of a guy names Ray Rice?  

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#11 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,555 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:36 AM

In today's media age a lot of players hurt their careers off the field. Ever hear of a guy names Ray Rice?

He assaulted someone. This guy didn't stand for the anthem.

One of these things is a crime.

LOL. You're funny.

#12 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,529 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:41 AM

He assaulted someone. This guy didn't stand for the anthem.

One of these things is a crime.

LOL. You're funny.

Lots of players talk their way out of contracts.  Esp players playing after their best years. 

http://www.usatoday....avens/85940890/

But you specifically said only on field play matters.  

#13 veritas

veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,472 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:45 AM

Coppernuts can sit down if he feels like it.  It's one of the great things about America.

Ne Nuntium Necare

#14 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,529 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:49 AM

I bet the CFL would take him

#15 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,555 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:52 AM

Lots of players talk their way out of contracts. Esp players playing after their best years.

http://www.usatoday....avens/85940890/

But you specifically said only on field play matters.

How you do your job? Kinda important. I stand for the anthem. Think this guy is foolish not to. But that's his business. If I'm a Niners fan, what he does on the field is what matters. He wants to stand on his head, have at it.

Moreover, you could bet the farm that if this guy could play like Brady, the fans would overlook his anthem antics.

Edited by ms maggie, 27 August 2016 - 11:54 AM.

#16 genghiskhanraven

genghiskhanraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:03 PM

Bi racial millionaire raised by a white family after his biological black dad skipped out on him and his white mom couldn't afford to raise him.
I wonder if he thinks his own adopted white family also oppresses the black people?

Edited by genghiskhanraven, 27 August 2016 - 12:03 PM.

#17 stevez51

stevez51

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,110 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:10 PM

I'm actually surprised they haven't already worked a trade for him.

Too much money involved ....

#18 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,555 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:10 PM

Bi racial millionaire raised by a white family after his biological black dad skipped out on him and his white mom couldn't afford to raise him.
I wonder if he thinks his own adopted white family also oppresses the black people?

Don't know about that. I'm more distressed by how oppressed you are. Poor thing.

#19 babylinux

babylinux

Much beloved member of SunSpot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:13 PM

wait, I thought someone said Pierre was a parody poster, but now we have people agreeing (or disagreeing with him)   :confused: :)

#20 genghiskhanraven

genghiskhanraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:17 PM

Don't know about that. I'm more distressed by how oppressed you are. Poor thing.

I haven't felt the invisible oppression of the racist white people, how about you?
I also thought negative blanket statements about a large diverse group of people were wrong, obviously our black racists think it's fine to make negative statements about groups of people other than blacks.

Edited by genghiskhanraven, 27 August 2016 - 12:18 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Lives Matter, End police brutality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users