Guest Pierre

NFL QB takes a stand by not standing for the national anthem

438 posts in this topic

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL.com after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Good for him. Hopefully this starts a trend in the NFL. I never understood the purpose of playing the national anthem before games.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colin-kaepernick-takes-a-stand-by-not-standing-for-the-national-anthem/

Your sports knowledge is weak. He s trying to get cut. Colin wants out of SF. Denver could use him. 

Your sports knowledge is weak. He s trying to get cut. Colin wants out of SF. Denver could use him. 

I'm actually surprised they haven't already worked a trade for him.

Weak, the same US that made him rich.We wouldn't even know who he was without being a American.

Wonder what hesvdoingvin the community financially and just showing up to help....

Edited by mcorioles

He's right. Playing the anthem for sporting events cheapens the anthem anyway, especially in the NFL where they charge the military to honor them.

I wonder how many of his millions he's donated either to BLM, families of whatever "victims" he deems as such, or to whatever other causes he feels worthy. C'mon, Colin! Step up to the plate! Oops! Sorry, that's a baseball reference.

If I were him, I'd watch my blind side.

What a football player does or doesn't do on the sidelines is irrelevant. He's a QB, if he can throw the ball, that's what matters.

Saw a report on this guy somewhere. Very religious. Go figure.

I wonder how many of his millions he's donated either to BLM, families of whatever "victims" he deems as such, or to whatever other causes he feels worthy. C'mon, Colin! Step up to the plate! Oops! Sorry, that's a baseball reference.

If I were him, I'd watch my blind side.

Right. Cuz not standing for the anthem is bad, deliberately injuring someone is good.

Values.

What a football player does or doesn't do on the sidelines is irrelevant. He's a QB, if he can throw the ball, that's what matters.

Saw a report on this guy somewhere. Very religious. Go figure.

In today's media age a lot of players hurt their careers off the field.  Ever hear of a guy names Ray Rice?  

In today's media age a lot of players hurt their careers off the field. Ever hear of a guy names Ray Rice?

He assaulted someone. This guy didn't stand for the anthem.

One of these things is a crime.

LOL. You're funny.

He assaulted someone. This guy didn't stand for the anthem.

One of these things is a crime.

LOL. You're funny.

Lots of players talk their way out of contracts.  Esp players playing after their best years. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2016/06/15/eugene-monroe-medical-marijuana-baltimore-ravens/85940890/

But you specifically said only on field play matters.  

Coppernuts can sit down if he feels like it.  It's one of the great things about America.

Lots of players talk their way out of contracts. Esp players playing after their best years.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2016/06/15/eugene-monroe-medical-marijuana-baltimore-ravens/85940890/

But you specifically said only on field play matters.

How you do your job? Kinda important. I stand for the anthem. Think this guy is foolish not to. But that's his business. If I'm a Niners fan, what he does on the field is what matters. He wants to stand on his head, have at it.

Moreover, you could bet the farm that if this guy could play like Brady, the fans would overlook his anthem antics.

Edited by ms maggie

Bi racial millionaire raised by a white family after his biological black dad skipped out on him and his white mom couldn't afford to raise him.

I wonder if he thinks his own adopted white family also oppresses the black people?

Edited by genghiskhanraven

I'm actually surprised they haven't already worked a trade for him.

Too much money involved ....

Bi racial millionaire raised by a white family after his biological black dad skipped out on him and his white mom couldn't afford to raise him.

I wonder if he thinks his own adopted white family also oppresses the black people?

Don't know about that. I'm more distressed by how oppressed you are. Poor thing.

wait, I thought someone said Pierre was a parody poster, but now we have people agreeing (or disagreeing with him)   :confused::)

Don't know about that. I'm more distressed by how oppressed you are. Poor thing.

I haven't felt the invisible oppression of the racist white people, how about you?

I also thought negative blanket statements about a large diverse group of people were wrong, obviously our black racists think it's fine to make negative statements about groups of people other than blacks.

Edited by genghiskhanraven

I haven't felt the invisible oppression of the racist white people, how about you?

I also thought negative blanket statements about a large diverse group of people were wrong, obviously our black racists think it's fine to make negative statements about groups of people other than blacks.

Clearly I've never suffered oppression. That's why I'm a happy person.

You're unfailingly bitter and resentful. Maybe your life isn't what you hoped for, huh?

That's a shame.

Too much money involved ....

The Broncos QBs are Mark Sanchez, Trevor Seiman, and Paxton Lynch. If there's ever a case to spend some money those three names are it.

wait, I thought someone said Pierre was a parody poster, but now we have people agreeing (or disagreeing with him)   :confused::)

Pierre is a white right winger who makes posts to make black democrats look stupid. 

Pierre is a white right winger who makes posts to make black democrats look stupid. 

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.  :o I'm sure you can offer up some proof to support this wild accusation?

Edited by flyboy56

Clearly I've never suffered oppression. That's why I'm a happy person.

You're unfailingly bitter and resentful. Maybe your life isn't what you hoped for, huh?

That's a shame.

How can the black people be happy? They're oppressed by the whites and they're in the victim class of our society, they can't do stuff like get an education, work hard, don't commit violent crimes, the blacks are victims, just ask Colin Kaepernick