Guest Pierre

NFL QB takes a stand by not standing for the national anthem

438 posts in this topic

The Broncos QBs are Mark Sanchez, Trevor Seiman, and Paxton Lynch. If there's ever a case to spend some money those three names are it.

They tried before the draft to trade him but his $11.5 million salary was the sticking point. Denver wanted him to take less money.

I believe someone got in trouble for making a blanket statement about the lack of black quarterbacks in the NFL by saying that as a group they lack the IQ needed to run a complicated NFL offense.

You would think Kaepernick would understand that race based blanket statements like black QB's lack intellengence and white people are evil and oppress the blacks are both just wrong, I wonder why he wouldn't be sensitive to that.

They tried before the draft to trade him but his $11.5 million salary was the sticking point. Denver wanted him to take less money.

Denver must be planning on taking and taking the best QB in the draft next year then. 

How can the black people be happy? They're oppressed by the whites and they're in the victim class of our society, they can't do stuff like get an education, work hard, don't commit violent crimes, the blacks are victims, just ask Colin Kaepernick

I know plenty of happy black people.

Education, hard work? Good advice. Try it and improve your sad, bitter life.

I'm pulling for you.

Pierre is a white right winger who makes posts to make black democrats look stupid. 

Now that I think about it I can see that. Mainly because no liberal can be that stupid.

Denver must be planning on taking and taking the best QB in the draft next year then. 

They did draft Paxton Lynch in the 1st round. Right now he is outplaying Sanchez.

They did draft Paxton Lynch in the 1st round. Right now he is outplaying Sanchez.

Mark Sanchez is Kyle Boller, he just hasn't quit yet to spend more time with his pageant wife...

I think Gary Sanchez would fare better too considering the roll he's on...

Denver doesn't want to pay market rates for a QB. They put more money into the defense and they won a SB with below average QB play last year. Well see how it works for then this year. When you have bad play at that position it will cost games. They may not have a stable QB on the roster right now.

Kaep sucks and he has ongoing injury concerns. The Broncos might have eaten the salary if he was a good decision maker. But he hasn't graduated from his one read than run tendency. He also has a crappy personality. He's no Russell Wilson; he hasn't progressed much. It's amazing that there was once an argument about who was better.

Kaepernick has every right to act like an a-hole and sulk while the anthem is being played. Fans have the right to disrespect him for it.

As for him trying to make a statement about how "oppressed" his fellow black citizens are in this country... his birth mother is white, as are the adoptive parents who raised him. Oh; and he's a multi-millionaire. Must be an ordeal for him to be so oppressed because of his light-tan skin color!

Oh; and he's a multi-millionaire. Must be an ordeal for him to be so oppressed because of his light-tan skin color!

but, he's standing up- or down, rather.... for others not him personally.

Didn't you hear he's given away millions to them?

I must have missed that too.

What a football player does or doesn't do on the sidelines is irrelevant. He's a QB, if he can throw the ball, that's what matters.

Saw a report on this guy somewhere. Very religious. Go figure.

My religion forbids me to say the pledge or face the flag with my hand on my heart during the anthem. In both cases I stand and say a silent prayer. I stand so as not to be disrespectful and make a scene, but I do not pay homage to the flag.

Yes I think they all should do the Hands Up Don't Shoot thing before games instead

That was done successfully last year.  I wouldn't object. NFL players have the platform to change attitudes about race and police brutality.

My religion forbids me to say the pledge or face the flag with my hand on my heart during the anthem. In both cases I stand and say a silent prayer. I stand so as not to be disrespectful and make a scene, but I do not pay homage to the flag.

Pledging allegiance to a stupid flag is such a stupid gesture anyway.

IMO, NFL is about as "America" as it gets when it comes to a sports occupation. Everything this guy has is an example of the opportunities and advantages of living here. And while he's on the field, he represents his employer. 

He says he doesn't care about the potential loss of sponsors, etc..I'd like to see him lose all that and then comment. 

I respect your beliefs mrdeltoid, but have never heard of such a faith based restriction. May I ask you your faith?

And thats how an ethnically diverse culture should function. It's the only way it functions. If you sneeze and someone says "bless you", or if someone says Merry Christmas and you're a non -believer you say thanks, and move on. Gestures of good will should not be an affront.

Our flag does not represent a sitting government, or a police department. It represents an ideal, or really a constant work in progress. 

I respect your beliefs mrdeltoid, but have never heard of such a faith based restriction. May I ask you your faith?

I can't speak to mrdeltoid's faith, but Jehovah's Witnesses do not salute the flag nor say the pledge.