437 replies to this topic

#41 regularguy

regularguy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,111 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:40 PM

Kaepernick has every right to act like an a-hole and sulk while the anthem is being played. Fans have the right to disrespect him for it.

As for him trying to make a statement about how "oppressed" his fellow black citizens are in this country... his birth mother is white, as are the adoptive parents who raised him. Oh; and he's a multi-millionaire. Must be an ordeal for him to be so oppressed because of his light-tan skin color!

#42 Saticon3

Saticon3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,997 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:19 PM

Good for him. Hopefully this starts a trend in the NFL. I never understood the purpose of playing the national anthem before games.

http://www.cbssports...ational-anthem/

Yes I think they all should do the Hands Up Don't Shoot thing before games instead

#43 Saticon3

Saticon3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,997 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:21 PM

Oh; and he's a multi-millionaire. Must be an ordeal for him to be so oppressed because of his light-tan skin color!

but, he's standing up- or down, rather.... for others not him personally.

Didn't you hear he's given away millions to them?

I must have missed that too.

#44 mrdeltoid

mrdeltoid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:29 PM

What a football player does or doesn't do on the sidelines is irrelevant. He's a QB, if he can throw the ball, that's what matters.

Saw a report on this guy somewhere. Very religious. Go figure.

My religion forbids me to say the pledge or face the flag with my hand on my heart during the anthem. In both cases I stand and say a silent prayer. I stand so as not to be disrespectful and make a scene, but I do not pay homage to the flag.

#45 Guest_Pierre_*

Guest_Pierre_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

Yes I think they all should do the Hands Up Don't Shoot thing before games instead

That was done successfully last year.  I wouldn't object. NFL players have the platform to change attitudes about race and police brutality.

#46 Guest_Pierre_*

Guest_Pierre_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:34 PM

My religion forbids me to say the pledge or face the flag with my hand on my heart during the anthem. In both cases I stand and say a silent prayer. I stand so as not to be disrespectful and make a scene, but I do not pay homage to the flag.

Pledging allegiance to a stupid flag is such a stupid gesture anyway.

#47 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,539 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:36 PM

IMO, NFL is about as "America" as it gets when it comes to a sports occupation. Everything this guy has is an example of the opportunities and advantages of living here. And while he's on the field, he represents his employer. 

He says he doesn't care about the potential loss of sponsors, etc..I'd like to see him lose all that and then comment. 

#48 MiddleOfTheRoad

MiddleOfTheRoad

Among the thinking people

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:40 PM

I respect your beliefs mrdeltoid, but have never heard of such a faith based restriction. May I ask you your faith?

#49 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,539 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:42 PM

And thats how an ethnically diverse culture should function. It's the only way it functions. If you sneeze and someone says "bless you", or if someone says Merry Christmas and you're a non -believer you say thanks, and move on. Gestures of good will should not be an affront.

Our flag does not represent a sitting government, or a police department. It represents an ideal, or really a constant work in progress. 

#50 Cameron

Cameron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,603 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:24 PM

I respect your beliefs mrdeltoid, but have never heard of such a faith based restriction. May I ask you your faith?

I can't speak to mrdeltoid's faith, but Jehovah's Witnesses do not salute the flag nor say the pledge. 

#51 Pazuzu

Pazuzu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:29 PM

In a country where the President is black, the Attorney General is black, and the president of the NFL Players Union is black, this tattooed black idiot is being paid millions of dollars to be a below-average NFL QB.

What a horrible racist country. 

Hey Moron, there's no wall keeping you here.  Head north to the CFL and see how well you do up there, eh?

#52 MiddleOfTheRoad

MiddleOfTheRoad

Among the thinking people

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:42 PM

I can't speak to mrdeltoid's faith, but Jehovah's Witnesses do not salute the flag nor say the pledge.

Thanks Cameron. I did not know that, though I can understand it, in that context. Interesting, and clearly, I need to do some homework.

#53 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,888 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:20 PM

They may not have a stable QB on the roster right now.

Kaep sucks and he has ongoing injury concerns

They're running out of time to add someone else. Which of the three on the Broncos roster currently are better than him? Not that he's great. 

Edited by bmore_ken, 27 August 2016 - 05:20 PM.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#54 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,888 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:24 PM

He says he doesn't care about the potential loss of sponsors, etc..I'd like to see him lose all that and then comment. 

He won't starve

The San Francisco 49ers are officially on the hook for the $11.9 million base salary owed to quarterback Colin Kaepernick for the 2016 season,With a deadline of April 1 for Kaepernick's 2016-17 base salary to become fully guaranteed, the technical deadline actually passed at 4 p.m. ET on Thursday, when the league stopped accepting transactions for the day. Once it was clear that no release or trade had been made, Kaepernick will make that much this year unless he willingly agrees to restructure his contract.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#55 veraciousmooncalf

veraciousmooncalf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:50 PM

It's as if I am not in the room here.  Thanks for all the unkind words. :(

Truth is never unkind.

#56 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,509 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:54 PM

He should stay off Instagram

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#57 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,159 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:01 PM

he's been trying to find out who he is for a while now ......

http://www.usmagazin...truggle-2015810
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#58 Mandrill

Mandrill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:04 PM

And he is a closeted homosexual pretending to be an openly gay man.

You are as clueless as they come

#59 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,539 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:05 PM

He won't starve

Maybe not, but there's no shortage of stories about these guys that go through millions, from buying mom a new house, to hooking up the countless "extended family" and other good time hang on types. 

I see it as biting the hand. He's in the land of opportunity, making millions from the system, (not a problem there obviously) something he could only do here and no other place on Earth. Outside of the very American institute that is the NFL, where would he be?  If he were true to his stated convictions, he wouldn't be an American millionair.

He won't stand for the country, in fact completely disrespects it,  but he will take every advantage this country affords him. 

#60 bmorepunk

bmorepunk

I Can't Read Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,661 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:07 PM

They're running out of time to add someone else. Which of the three on the Broncos roster currently are better than him? Not that he's great.

They're hoping Sanchez is good enough and then Lynch can take over. If they have another bad preseason game they might pull someone of the pile, but there aren't any decent options. The poorly run 49ers will probably keep Kaepernick out of spite at this point.

The NFL has less than 15 quality QBs. The Broncos are gambling like half the league is.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Lives Matter, End police brutality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users