AgentOrange

Dark Horse/Sirprise teams

69 posts in this topic

My vote goes to Atholton.....look out for Curley

Edited by agentorange

Long Reach

Long Reach a Dark Horse or a Surprise ?

Edited by ShoNuff07

Manchester Valley Hopefully they figure out how to best use the North Carroll players and coaches. 

Pallotti.....Guess it will be a good game when they go up to Manchester Valley in 2 weeks.

agentorange, any team that contends for the conference title yearly is not creeping up on anyone. I get it, U think they are gonna contend again!

agentorange, any team that contends for the conference title yearly is not creeping up on anyone. I get it, U think they are gonna contend again!

Yes they will and they are definitely the best team in the MIAA B... No Doubt

I think a team that might surprise their conference is Long Reach.

I don't believe they will surprise teams in Howard County.  They always had talent, just lately they had problems playing all 4 qtrs. With their talent alone they should get to 6-4  and a spot in the playoffs.

The new Douglas coach is Alonzo Lee formerly of FAM U, Mervo and Morgan.

The Clipper Ship sails today, ON.........3!!!!!!!

I don't believe they will surprise teams in Howard County.  They always had talent, just lately they had problems playing all 4 qtrs. With their talent alone they should get to 6-4  and a spot in the playoffs.

If your definition of lately is over 4 years ago, then you maybe correct. Are you saying a if a varsity team that has won 4 games in 3 years wins 6 or 7 games this year, that is not a surprise team?? If so, maybe thought to ever find a surprise team by your definition. 

If your definition of lately is over 4 years ago, then you maybe correct. Are you saying a if a varsity team that has won 4 games in 3 years wins 6 or 7 games this year, that is not a surprise team?? If so, maybe thought to ever find a surprise team by your definition. 

I am saying that folks that follow Howard County football the past couple of years know that Long Reach always had talented players, to include 2 D-1 recruits.  But for some reason they couldn't put it together for 4 qtrs...for 10 games.  Now this year they have another player with a couple of D-1 offers along with a 3-year starting QB.  Add with that a junior class that was a part of the JV squad that won the County Championship with a 9-1 record, even though 6 of the 9 wins were by 4 points or less.  So with that, we believe Long Reach should win 5-7 games and get in the playoffs....especially since River Hill, Wilde Lake, Hammond and Marriotts Ridge are taking a step back. But I am sure, which is fair, if you don't follow Howard County and you look at Long Reach past few seasons of 3-7, 1-10, 1-10 and 2-8 then you would call it a surprise if the actually win 6-7 games this . But that is fair...

Edited by ShoNuff07

WHATS DEAL WITH GLENELG.....I'm hearing good things about them....

AO,

This Glenelg team is probably similar to the 2014 team that used a huge OL, to include a D-1/FBS recruit David Robbins (Fla St) along with another 300lbs in Soph Dakota Davis to pound their way to the AAA State Semi.  This year team also has a huge OL to include another D-1/FBS recruit in now Sr Dakota Davis (currently committed to Syracuse) along with 300lb Sr Trae Folkman. They will pound you and pound you and by the 4th qtr rolls around your defense is pretty much done.  So if you can't get out to a big lead and force them to pass the ball it will be difficult to beat them.

Headed out to see Bcc vs TJ later on........I'll try and catch Glenelg while I'm in the area.....