General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:57 AM

http://www.foxbusine...uring-test.html

http://www.dailymail...l.html?ITO=1490

Edited by Bartman, 01 September 2016 - 10:02 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

#2 RavingManiac

RavingManiac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:34 AM

I am about a mile away from the pad. It was like a earthquake

#3 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:42 PM

Looks like something in the 2nd stage blew first during fueling!

https://www.youtube....NQ#t=78.8624571

Edited by Bartman, 01 September 2016 - 04:44 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

#4 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,638 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:34 PM

I am about a mile away from the pad. It was like a earthquake

I worked as an IT contractor up at ATK in Elkton for a while and was once in the test area when they had a failed rocket motor test.  It was nothing like this, but it rattled my teeth.  The guy whose computer I was working on just nonchalantly says, "well, that didn't work", and went back to what he was doing. 

#5 RavingManiac

RavingManiac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:52 AM

I worked as an IT contractor up at ATK in Elkton for a while and was once in the test area when they had a failed rocket motor test.  It was nothing like this, but it rattled my teeth.  The guy whose computer I was working on just nonchalantly says, "well, that didn't work", and went back to what he was doing. 

LOL. I actually thought one of our bay doors came crashing down at the warehouse. I looked up and didn't see anybody acting crazy or anything so I just went back to work. A couple of minutes later somebody came running down the hallway "Space X just blew up their rocket!" so we all ran outside and watched all the explosions.

Space X said their other pad at the KSC will be ready for launch in November. I don't believe there is any way whatsoever that they will be launching anything for at least six months whether it is at KSC or CCAFS. In fact, If they launch before July I will be very surprised. They work their people to death and their safety procedures are very unsafe. I know somebody who was a very high level manager there and he said something like this was going to happen and that is why he quit. He didn't want to be the fall guy. He said they wouldn't let him write any of the safety procedures because they thought he was going over board with safety. They like to do everything as fast as possible and cut every corner they can. In this business, you can get away with that most of the time but it's going to bite you in the butt eventually. I think the Air Force and the FAA is going to have them rewrite a lot of their procedures for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users