Baltimatt

Greetings from the Southern Vermont Garlic and Herb Festival

34 posts in this topic

It's a beautiful, sunny day in Bennington.

Hi Matt!  Hope you are having fun, wish I was there  :)

A lot of people there.  Getting in and out of the parking area can take a lot of time.  

http://lovegarlic.com/

Found some full service gas stations in Bennington.  The one place we stopped even washed the windows--boy, is that a throwback to my youth!

A lot of people there.  Getting in and out of the parking area can take a lot of time.  

Found some full service gas stations in Bennington.  The one place we stopped even washed the windows--boy, is that a throwback to my youth!

I forget what state I was in (I think it was New Jersey), where they won't let you pump your own gas.

I forget what state I was in (I think it was New Jersey), where they won't let you pump your own gas.

Yes, New Jersey and Oregon don't permit motorists to pump their own gas.

While most of the trees up here are green, I am starting to see a little fall color slipping in (although only a very little on a few trees).

Back home in Baltimore today.

Sounds like a nice trip, but after ingesting all that garlic, don't breath on too many people!!!

I bought some garlic pills for the first time last week. I prefer fresh garlic though...the smaller bulbs with thin purple streaks. Hot!

#IHeartGarlic

Bernie runs a tight ship. Clean windshields add vision.

Bernie runs a tight ship. Clean windshields add vision.

That was Bernie's gas station?

That was Bernie's gas station?

My mistake. Confused Bennington with Burlington.

I'm in AC at Harrah's bayside now. Seemed pretty crowded to me last nite. Rained here last nite, remnants of the hurricane are still here in NJ. Even on vacation I'm up at 5AM, Crap! Decent room but sucky WiFi. Will post the Room Tour on You Tube in a while. Plan to run around at the Taj before they shut down and Resorts this AM. Maybe Ceasars & Bally's in the afternoon. Save the Trop & Borgata for later. Have to stop over at the Nugget later too. Plenty of time, not coming back till Friday. We'll see.

Edited by Bartman

I'll be traveling through Gilroy Ca next week (self proclaimed garlic capital of the world) during a whirlwind tour of central California (Five National Parks in five days) 

I'll be traveling through Gilroy Ca next week (self proclaimed garlic capital of the world) during a whirlwind tour of central California (Five National Parks in five days)

If there is a garlic capital, surely it would have to be China.

Apparently they grow a lot here. Beautiful country but the lack of rain is disturbing. The landscape just feels so dry. I hiked down a dry river bed for hours today.

If there is a garlic capital, surely it would have to be China.

I remember looking at a jar of store-brand garlic powder in my cupboard once and being shocked to find it was "Made in China."

Apparently they grow a lot here. Beautiful country but the lack of rain is disturbing. The landscape just feels so dry. I hiked down a dry river bed for hours today.

Enjoy your trip and safe travels.

I got a meeting at foxwoods next Monday should be a nice drive sunday morning trying to avoid rt 95 has much as possible.

Did you have garlic ice cream, Matt?

I missed that. I saw it in the description, but didn't see any vendors selling it.

I missed that. I saw it in the description, but didn't see any vendors selling it.

I've seen cooks make it on different cooking shows. Just wondering if it was good. lol :)

Interesting tidbit....the vocal duo Peaches and Herb (in different variations since 1966) was originally know as Garlics and Herb, but the name didn't catch, so they changed it to Peaches and Herb. Now you know the rest of the story.