#42 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,392 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:01 AM

Yeah but only 3 killed so it's all good.

Best hospitals in the world. Worst prosecutor, but we got the best hospitals

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#43 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,440 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:01 AM

People need to stop having children they don't intend on raising to become decent members of society.

#44 genghiskhanraven

genghiskhanraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,258 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:39 AM

23 people shot and we have the NAACP and Elijah coming to the rescue by calling for an end to secret police surveillance targeted at the people shooting each other, black lives matter yo! 

Edited by genghiskhanraven, 06 September 2016 - 09:39 AM.

#45 Eastsider

Eastsider

Si vis bellum para pacem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:40 AM

It's the NAAPC get it right don't be offensive.

#46 bogart

bogart

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:47 PM

You people are like a bunch of buzzards on it's prey.  How do anyone of you know that the hospitals stopped the death toll from rising?  Who say's the victims had life threatening injuries?

Edited by bogart, 06 September 2016 - 01:48 PM.

#47 jonsensback

jonsensback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,397 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:34 PM

And per form the champ poster runs like hell from a thread where he looks like a DA.

"Killings are down"

#48 Woodbuchr

Woodbuchr

Moonset at the Badlands SD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,318 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:38 PM

Yes, Martin O'Malley's Firearm Safety Act of 2013 has made such an impact :rolleyes:

Just because you have no interest in politics
Doesn't mean they have no interest in you
Pericles 461 BC

#49 Guest_Pierre_*

Guest_Pierre_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:21 PM

What sensible gun measures do you propose?

Expand background checks
Close gun show loophole
Mandatory smart gun technology
Mental health evaluations and investigations for anyone buying a gun
Restrict immunity for gun makers
Ban assault weapons
Federal register of firearms

#50 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,509 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

Expand background checks
Close gun show loophole
Mandatory smart gun technology
Mental health evaluations and investigations for anyone buying a gun
Restrict immunity for gun makers
Ban assault weapons
Federal register of firearms

"The only time Marion Dalton was not committing a crime was when she was in jail," Davis said.

Daughton has a lengthy rep sheet that goes back to a 2003 armed robbery and also includes convictions of auto theft, two convictions of drug possession with intent to distribute, two other drug possession convictions and illegal possession of a firearm. A 2004 attempted murder charge was placed on the stet docket and not prosecuted.

"She shouldn't be wanted for murder today, because she should be in jail for her related charges," Davis said.

http://www.wbal.com/...e-apprehend-her

#51 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:01 PM

And per form the champ poster runs like hell from a thread where he looks like a DA.

"Killings are down"

That what he does. Spits out "It's the War on Drugs!" ~ insults ~ and then scurries off again. He did the same thing over on the Nationals thread about the huge increase in shootings and gun~violence there today too.

Certain posters are more upset about the reporting of these shootings than they are about the shootings. And we know that because they demonstrate it.

Every.

Single.

Time.
:rolleyes:

Edited by 0ctoburn, 06 September 2016 - 05:01 PM.

#52 Guest_0ctoburn_*

Guest_0ctoburn_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:02 PM

You people are like a bunch of buzzards on it's prey.  How do anyone of you know that the hospitals stopped the death toll from rising?  Who say's the victims had life threatening injuries?

Case in point. :rolleyes:

#53 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,509 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:05 PM

Pierre, You listed 7 ideas, which is more that most people have, but not one of them addresses the current problem. These people should already be in prison. The violations are there, but the ball is dropped in the follow through. No need for more wasting time on legislation if it doesn't address sentencing. 

The stupid way we do it contributes to this violence, and notice nothing in that story talks about who will be held accountable? If we can't hold this type of violent repeater accountable, it's no wonder we can't find an actual human in charge.

Edited by pepper, 06 September 2016 - 05:05 PM.

#54 pepper

pepper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31,509 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:22 PM

There's a reason people from all over the world come to shock trauma for training in violent trauma (gunshot wound) care. The guy it's named for was the initiator of fast emergency care, using military helicopters in the late 60's to transport patients, until a deal was worked out with the state police. He came up with the "golden hour" concept which is now used worldwide. 

You have to figure lots of wounded people would not be alive without the advances. Gunshot wounds are not typical emergency room injuries.

#55 retired

retired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:53 PM

Chicago recorded its 500th shooting death so far this year.  Baltimore is at 200 and counting.  Both cities have strict gun-control laws.

Black Lives Matter -- except sometimes!

#56 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,668 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:00 PM

"Killings are down"

Who's running? Killings are down from last year in Baltimore? Can you refute that?

Edited by bmore_ken, 06 September 2016 - 06:00 PM.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#57 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,668 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:04 PM

Pierre, You listed 7 ideas, which is more that most people have, but not one of them addresses the current problem.

The best solutions are as follows. End the failed war on drugs. Truth in sentencing. Mandatory minimums for gun crimes. Twenty years should mean a convicted criminal does 20 years, not 5 years with 15 suspended, not 10 years and early release for good behavior. 

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#58 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,392 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:08 PM

Who's running? Killings are down from last year in Baltimore? Can you refute that?

Yes, killings are down. Great news. But are killings above or below the 5 and 10 year averages?

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#59 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,801 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:10 PM

65 people shot in Chicago this past weekend, only 13 killed. Their trauma centers, although quite busy, do a decent job of keeping folks alive as well.

#60 naive

naive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,801 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:14 PM

Yes, killings are down. Great news. But are killings above or below the 5 and 10 year averages?

The numbers for those killed really no longer matter.

The number of those shot is what people need to pay attention to.

People wonder why medical costs are skyrocketing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users