#121 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,515 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

Downtown Baltimore according to Gmaps

https://www.google.c...7!4d-76.6167212

Seems to include Mt Vernon which I wouldn't say is downtown but it doesn't extend all the way out to the city borders. So, all of Baltimore City is not "downtown."

Edited by Pickle20, 06 March 2017 - 11:17 AM.

#122 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:12 AM

If you supposedly live in Woodlawn, why wouldn't you take Rt 40 all the way downtown? I smell some BS.

Yes I live in Woodlawn...not far from SS. And about 2 blocks over from the city line (be it called downtown, uptown or all around the town.) :D

Some of you guys argue about the silliest shxt sometimes. Really....how many posts to prove what is downtown? :D But you all go ahead...as long as it makes you happy.

For the record, route to the city.....SS Blvd west to 695 take it to 95 take it to one of the city exits. Also at one time we used to take the light rail or the subway. But we stopped doing that when we found it was cheaper and faster and more flexible time wise to just drive in.

Ohhh and before you go into a cost analysis of 'how it could not be cheaper'....we had a very economical car gaswise and the company I worked for in the city gave me a free parking pass near the stadium as a perk and part of my work package.

Edited by Guido2, 07 March 2017 - 08:16 AM.

#123 Pickle20

Pickle20

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,515 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:16 AM

Cooks Lane to 40 is quicker than all that highway crap. Especially during rush hour.

#124 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,888 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:10 PM

Cooks Lane to 40 is quicker than all that highway crap. Especially during rush hour.

Exactly why I asked why wouldn't he take 40 straight in. Maybe he was afraid of car jackers on every corner.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#125 Ode2Joy

Ode2Joy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • LocationZentralfriedhof

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

I wouldn't worry about the geographical boundaries so much. Just follow the City Paper's weekly Murder Ink update and look at the Sun's Baltimore homicide map and database and you should be okay. Just know what to do in case you're targeted during the rash of bump and rob crimes that's making a big comeback.

#126 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,167 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:08 PM

Exactly why I asked why wouldn't he take 40 straight in. Maybe he was afraid of car jackers on every corner.

Not worried about car jackers but in the evening I have had my car surrounded by dirt bikes on more than one occasion going that way ......

Not bad at 0630 but I avoid it on summer evenings ......
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#127 PinkFlamingo

PinkFlamingo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:24 PM

Armed carjackings are happening every day and night all over the city. They're just not reported in the news that much.

#128 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

Ahhhh the scenery is better via my route. ;) :D

#129 Guido2

Guido2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

I wouldn't worry about the geographical boundaries so much. Just follow the City Paper's weekly Murder Ink update and look at the Sun's Baltimore homicide map and database and you should be okay. Just know what to do in case you're targeted during the rash of bump and rob crimes that's making a big comeback.

Whhhaaaattttt. Dang  Ode ...it is so simple. Just punch 911 on your cell the BPD will beam in and surround you with a shield of firearms. No sweat. :rolleyes:

At least that is what some of the posters seem to believe. Listen..

#130 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,766 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:38 AM

Downtown Baltimore according to Gmaps

https://www.google.c...7!4d-76.6167212

Seems to include Mt Vernon which I wouldn't say is downtown but it doesn't extend all the way out to the city borders. So, all of Baltimore City is not "downtown."

I would not have considered Mt. Vernon to be downtown. It looks like Mt. Royal is the cut-off. Not sure why Federal Hill isn't considered "downtown" if Mt. Vernon is. There was a huge argument that took place here one time because someone posted that Lombard & Calvert isn't the "inner harbor" therefore an assault that occurred at that location didn't happen in the inner harbor. lol

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#131 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,766 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:42 AM

I take Washington Blvd. Rt. 1 straight into downtown or sometimes to Monroe to Fulton and go right at one of the cross streets to get to the Mt. Vernon area. So much less of a hassle than to do the 95, MLK, 395 congestion.

Edited by Sprightly, 09 March 2017 - 06:43 AM.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users