aboutwell

Who's been here on SunSpot longer?...

243 posts in this topic

What do the red and green numbers next to some names mean?

We used to be able to give likes and dislikes.  There was some point value associated with it.  I think that's what it is.  It eventually got out of hand so it was turned off.

We used to be able to give likes and dislikes.  There was some point value associated with it.  I think that's what it is.  It eventually got out of hand so it was turned off.

Thanks.  I can see that getting out of hand.

Next month will mark my 19th year here... same username the entire time... and it's my real name... I'm sure somebody has been here longer... who is it?...

Wow, you really are an attention whore aren't you .....

Someone needs a hug .....

I know the purpose of this is to talk about longevity, but I have a different question.

Has any argument, or any poster, changed your position on anything?

Yes.

I know the purpose of this is to talk about longevity, but I have a different question.

Yes My mind was changed on gay marriage from kinda against it to agreeing that it was an issue of fairness

that same sex couples should be able to get married and call it that.

My views are always evolving (I like to think for the better) and the arguments on here are a big part of it

Next month will mark my 19th year here... same username the entire time... and it's my real name... I'm sure somebody has been here longer... who is it?... 

that's a long time!! i hit 10 years in august, i've practically grown up on this board! :)

i must say that despite the contentiousness at times, i've had a million great conversations in public and private with posters on all sides of issues. it's a good group!

I remember you well. :)

I somehow think I started here in 1997.

I was kinder and gentler back then.

Now I'm just a SOB.

Aboutwell that is a record for longevity and consistency that would make Cal Ripkin proud. Do you think all the time and energy has been worth it?