aboutwell

Who's been here on SunSpot longer?...

246 posts in this topic

I've been here since 1996 too!

Every time I changed my ISP I had to change my name when I had to do a password recovery. I've had several names; Southernx, Aussie, AussieSue and now downunder. All Aussie flavour :)

On the last upgrade to the site I was made inactive somehow. Admin couldn't restore my old info but did let me keep downunder, so my membership look pretty new.

that's a long time!! i hit 10 years in august, i've practically grown up on this board! :)

i must say that despite the contentiousness at times, i've had a million great conversations in public and private with posters on all sides of issues. it's a good group!

Congratulations on the baby girl!!!  I was thinking of you the other day and wondering how you were doing.

In what, about 6 or 7 names? ....

Come on!  That would have been a good weekends worth of ID's back in the day.

Next month will mark my 19th year here... same username the entire time... and it's my real name... I'm sure somebody has been here longer... who is it?...

This is what is considered to be national news around here?

goegj you did use to be different and kinder back then?  did smoking too many whites make you like you are today? :) 

It was the 90's ( I want to say somewhere between 1996-1998) -- when it was sunspot.

I am absolutely sure it was not before 1996 (Alta Vista, or Mosaic anyone -- LOL)

I think it was 1998-1999.

used to be karlydee -- then I forgot the password, and no longer used the same email.

November 2004. I haven't posted much for the last couple years. I lost my appetite for politics. And this duel of fools between The Donald and Hillary hasn't helped that one bit.

I've been reading the boards this morning. I'll admit, I miss all you old Moonbats!

November 2004. I haven't posted much for the last couple years. I lost my appetite for politics. And this duel of fools between The Donald and Hillary hasn't helped that one bit.

I've been reading the boards this morning. I'll admit, I miss all you old Moonbats!

Whoa! Good to see you again. Do stop by more often.

This would be a perfect year for 3rd party please. http://talk.baltimoresun.com/user/2616-3rd-party-please/

Lol, I remember the 'Moonbat' era, even changed my avatar to a Moonbat for a while. :D

Lol, I remember the 'Moonbat' era, even changed my avatar to a Moonbat for a while. :D

Funny... I just signed in today to see what everyone thought of the debate and I remember the moonbats too. :)

I've had an account since 2006, but don't post or visit much anymore.

Edited by mms

No Moonbat. But I had a Bat Boy avatar once! :P

No Moonbat. But I had a Bat Boy avatar once! :P

Hey! Robin, Is that you? :P:D

I know the purpose of this is to talk about longevity, but I have a different question.

Has any argument, or any poster, changed your position on anything?

Not me... I was right to begin with... why change?... :)

I know aboutwell and Rocketwolf were here ahead of me. Some of the other old timers left for 'Sunspots lives'.

I'm still on both... and was on the one in between... same username on all three... 

Not me... I was right to begin with... why change?... :)

And, it is obvious to this 16 year veteran of the board, that you haven't changed at all. ;)

Yeah, and seadog.

Haven't hear from Ole Seadog in a while... was thinking about him just a few days ago... no telling where he is and what he's doing... 

I also wonder about folks like ole Bob Rudolph... (I thought someone said he had passed away)... and the guy from Brick, NJ... (was it Ed Tyner?)... some of our old SpotFest attendees... and several others... how many have been here and have passed away... I can name maybe three or four... 

Edited by aboutwell

I'm still on both... and was on the one in between... same username on all three... 

I'm sure hst2 is missing redleg and Ranger John. :lol:

Whatever happened to Phineas Finn anyway?  I could always count on him to give me a boatload of crap but at least he was literate most of the time.

Edited by veritas

Ahhh... there's Ole Bob Rudolph's name and date... all the dates in November '97 appear to be the same... mine was actually the 12 of November when I found the forum and commented after reading an article in the Baltimore Sun about honeybees disappearing at the time... 

Bush's proposed plan to allow some privatization of social security. I was against it out of the gate, I can't remember who it was that changed my opinion of it. But it was one of the righties that no longer post here

I lobbied against that in Washington several times in the 80's... and possibly the 90's... 

Wow, you really are an attention whore aren't you .....

Someone needs a hug .....

Must be you... it ain't me... 

Aboutwell that is a record for longevity and consistency that would make Cal Ripkin proud. Do you think all the time and energy has been worth it?

Well worth it... I've made many new friends... and many new enemies... more fun to talk with the enemies... even been to Baltimore a few times to our SpotFests when I was deemed the "Guest of honor" at least once... for traveling 1,000 miles to attend... eat crabs (instead of catfish) with the posters at the Ole Barn... eat at the North Ridge Inn... been to a Penn State game in State College with several posters... met some posters face-to-face in other cities across the country... very good to get so many different people's opinion in a civil manner... I've learned from other posters... and hope other posters have learned from me...  

BTW... many posters here don't believe what I have said about where I have been... what I have done... and even who I have met... but that really doesn't trouble me... the memories are great and it's all been true... and I've enjoyed the hell out of it...