aboutwell

Who's been here on SunSpot longer?...

246 posts in this topic

This is what is considered to be national news around here?

Yes... people from all over the world post here... 

And, it is obvious to this 16 year veteran of the board, that you haven't changed at all. ;)

Thank you, Rael... for backing up my claim... consistency and confidence... sexy, ain't it?... ;)

After going to the joined list and seeing names I remember from 8 yrs ago, I looked to where I was on the list. Then noticed all the names from the same time frame with zero posts. Do they ever purge names off the list.?? I did notice a few names of posters who were thought banned but still listed.

Haven't hear from Ole Seadog in a while... was thinking about him just a few days ago... no telling where he is and what he's doing... 

I also wonder about folks like ole Bob Rudolph... (I thought someone said he had passed away)... and the guy from Brick, NJ... (was it Ed Tyner?)... some of our old SpotFest attendees... and several others... how many have been here and have passed away... I can name maybe three or four...

Before my time, but I remember people talking about an Edward Toner, IIRC. Also bup was quite the racist.

There was even a SunSpot murder: DUH Chef killed Daisydoright: http://talk.baltimoresun.com/topic/243095-daisydoright/?hl=daisydoright

Funny... I just signed in today to see what everyone thought of the debate and I remember the moonbats too. :)

I've had an account since 2006, but don't post or visit much anymore.

Good to see you again. Do come back.

Before my time, but I remember people talking about an Edward Toner, IIRC. Also bup was quite the racist.

There was even a SunSpot murder: DUH Chef killed Daisydoright: http://talk.baltimoresun.com/topic/243095-daisydoright/?hl=daisydoright

Yes, it was Ed Toner... Ed corresponded with me by USPS and sent me some nice pictures of his family... I still have them... he was quite a character... 

I do remember Daisy... met her at least once... maybe more... at one of our gatherings at Ropewalk... very sad loss... she seemed to be a very happy person... 

Edited by aboutwell

December 2005. Hard to believe that was almost 11 years ago.

I do remember Daisy... met her at least once... maybe more... at one of our gatherings at Ropewalk... very sad loss... she seemed to be a very happy person... 

WOW! I'm just finding out now. If I'm not mistaken, Daisy was the poster who circulated several get-well cards at a Spotfest gathering shortly after my stroke and sent them to me. She was the only poster who I ever trusted with my real name and work contact info - in spite of the fact that I never met her. RIP Daisy!

BirdManOfNewJersey and I swapped several PM's of encouragement regarding our maladies. RIP BMONJ!

I wish I had been here way back when because it sounds like you had some really nice posters then and not all the trolls we have now.

WOW! I'm just finding out now. If I'm not mistaken, Daisy was the poster who circulated several get-well cards at a Spotfest gathering shortly after my stroke and sent them to me. She was the only poster who I ever trusted with my real name and work contact info - in spite of the fact that I never met her. RIP Daisy!

BirdManOfNewJersey and I swapped several PM's of encouragement regarding our maladies. RIP BMONJ!

Wasn't Daisy the poster who created all the Happy B-Day threads in OM?

Wasn't Daisy the poster who created all the Happy B-Day threads in OM?

Yes.

I wish I had been here way back when because it sounds like you had some really nice posters then and not all the trolls we have now.

It was a lot different back in the day. A few trolls, but not as many as today by a long shot.

Yes.

I thought so. I think some poster figured out something was amiss when she went missing in OM for a while. What a tragedy.

It was a lot different back in the day. A few trolls, but not as many as today by a long shot.

Yep.....

Several now deceased posters - Erichead and emom also come to mind.

I agree, there wasn't as much outright hatred that you see in some posters today.  We argued on the board but then socialized in person and all got along well. I couldn't see that happening now.

I agree, there wasn't as much outright hatred that you see in some posters today.  We argued on the board but then socialized in person and all got along well. I couldn't see that happening now.

No, there was outright "hatred" but it was more personal than political.

I agree, there wasn't as much outright hatred that you see in some posters today. We argued on the board but then socialized in person and all got along well. I couldn't see that happening now.

Ha! We had one woman hit another at one gathering...yup, we all got along.

Ha! We had one woman hit another at one gathering...yup, we all got along.

I guess I missed that one. :lol:

Yes, it was Ed Toner... Ed corresponded with me by USPS and sent me some nice pictures of his family... I still have them...

EJT...he was an overt racist, and he and I had some really nasty arguments here about his racist views. I am sure you must remember those, the poster Nancy Carter Moore and I used to gang up on him daily.

Several now deceased posters - Erichead and emom also come to mind.

As well as Emom's one time boyfriend Chris...can't recall his username though...died very young in a motorcycle accident.

Several now deceased posters - Erichead and emom also come to mind.

Ever hear from Bob Rudolph... somebody said he retired from, I believe, the police department up there... then I think someone said he had passed away... 

And whatever happened to Airman?... I remember meeting him on a rainy night between Baltimore and Annapolis on I-97... 

Not for sure but I'd say that must have been 5-6 years ago... a very sad story...

Ever hear from Bob Rudolph... somebody said he retired from, I believe, the police department up there... then I think someone said he had passed away... 

And whatever happened to Airman?... I remember meeting him on a rainy night between Baltimore and Annapolis on I-97... 

I don't know about Rudolph.

Airman is doing well and we are friends away from here.