#21 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,951 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:07 PM

Looks like you and I were sort of right

We both picked Glenn. I also mentioned Abraham. I didn't expect Negan to take two main characters

What do you think about the show moving closer to the Comic book story lines?

I have mixed feelings on that. I think it's good for the show to attempt to stay true to the source material. But otoh, I think some of the things they do to stay true to the Comic don't adapt well to TV.

Last night's episode was difficult to get through.

I wasn't surprised that Abraham got picked too. As the spoiler above pointed out, he was already dead by the time Negan showed up. I was a little surprised that they did both.

It is going to be a bit tough to stick to the comic books here because in the comics Carl is still a kid. On the TV show they can't really do that as Chandler Riggs is gotta be pushing six feet by now. He can't just pass for a kid anymore.

Still some of the aspects of the comics can be kept on the TV show. If they do then Chandler Riggs has a chance to shine as Carl.

#22 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:25 AM

Still some of the aspects of the comics can be kept on the TV show. If they do then Chandler Riggs has a chance to shine as Carl.

Man I truly hope so.  The Carl-Negan-Rick relationship is pretty fascinating from the synopsis I read.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#23 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:57 PM

Wow, looks like they had filmed Negan killing Maggie instead of Abraham - http://www.complex.c...-killing-maggie

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#24 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,004 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:04 PM

That was pretty intense.....

Wife left the room.....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users