#1 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:09 PM

Well another season underway .....

Might be easier to get over how last year ended if we didn't open with the pens and didn't have to watch that srltamley cup tribute for the past 15 minutes ....

Oh well, here's to another good season and lots of enjoyable moments. ....

Edited by Eastside Terp, 13 October 2016 - 07:31 PM.

They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#2 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:24 PM

Well that's a good way to start the season .....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#3 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,873 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:51 AM

At least they got a point.  I went to bed in the third period since the stupid ceremony delayed the start by 30 minutes.

#4 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,369 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:43 AM

I just about puked during that ceremony.

Good game though, other than some really biased officiating.  Caps looked fast.  My wife really enjoyed the shootout, other than the outcome.  "You really hate that city, don't you?".

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#5 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,369 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:18 AM

So far this Caps team looks a lot like last year's team, very physical, relentless at times on defense, and prone to having momentary lapses that result in easy goals for the opponent.  I think some of the lapses are due to some new parts, who btw, have been extremely impressive.  Everytime these guys are on the ice I keep thinking, damn, nice play, good aggressive move, etc.  This team is REAL good at taking contested pucks away and keeping it in the zone.  Where they seem to fall a little short is when the other team makes a push, and the puck isn't bouncing well for them, they get a little confused on assignments, or a little careless on clearing. 

At 7-2-1, there is little to complain about though.  They are still probably the best team in the league, and probably a little better than last year.  Their window is closing though, and they really need to win a cup soon.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#6 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,369 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:47 PM

Caps at top of ESPN power rankings today :D

#7 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,873 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:27 PM

Strong defense from the Sharks tonight.

#8 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,369 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:34 PM

Strong defense from the Sharks tonight.

They just never seem to match up well with the Sharks.  Not sure if it's in their head or what.

#9 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:48 PM

I watched it until it was 0 2 last night before I gave in and switched over to election coverage .....

They had some chances .....

Still playing with some of the line combos .....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#10 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:01 PM

Caps came out fired up tonight against the pens on national tv .....

4 0 early in 2nd ....

Fun to watch so far ....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#11 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:16 PM

Not fun to watch ovi going to the locker room injured .....

Looks like his wrist ....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#12 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:23 PM

Ok, back on ice .....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#13 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:43 PM

Classic caps pp goal ....

Nick to ovi out on the wing and boom ....

Seen it dozens of times but still fun to watch even if it does make us one dimensional at times ....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#14 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:05 PM

Wound up with the hat trick ....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#15 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,369 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:37 AM

Metro is gonna be a 3 horse race, Caps, Rangers, and Pens.  Not sold on the Rangers just yet, but they are definitely solid.  Caps seem to have more speed this year than last, getting to pucks ahead of guys, lot of fast breaks. 

#16 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:53 PM

Metro is gonna be a 3 horse race, Caps, Rangers, and Pens. Not sold on the Rangers just yet, but they are definitely solid. Caps seem to have more speed this year than last, getting to pucks ahead of guys, lot of fast breaks.

Definitely needed to get faster after playoffs last year .....

Now just need to get the right line combos ......
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#17 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:07 PM

Dang orlov turnover ......
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#18 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:42 AM

Frustrating game, banging the pipe several times and peppering the goalie all game ......

Isle's get 3 goals on 4 shots in 4 minutes after 2+ scoreless periods .....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#19 veritas

veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,244 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:03 PM

Several things about last night's game were troubling.  The first was the complete lack of any fire after the cheap hit on Williams.  If you're not going to stand up for your guys, you're going to keep taking cheap shots.  The second was the continued crap play by Orlov to go along with Carlson's bad defensive play of late.  That pair is like a -9 or something over last two games.  They should be separated.  The other thing is the ongoing woeful PP which other teams have now figured out.  That's one of the big reasons their goal scoring is way off.  

Lastly, I don't criticize Holtby often but he has to get his butt out of the blue paint when there's a break away like the first goal.  You have to come out and take away net vision by cutting down the angle.  He should have been a good 4-6 ft above the paint and the guy would have been forced to deke, which means anything can happen from losing control to getting poke checked by Holtby. He also still has the tendency, like most modern goalies, to go to his knees too early.  If he simply stands up, no way Chimera scores that third goal.

Hopefully, Trotz kicks some backside and gets these guys to wake up.

Ne Nuntium Necare

#20 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,369 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:21 AM

Caps on a nice roll, but what is up with the Metro?  Good lord, everyone is streaking!  Good news is that the Caps while technically in 4th place, only 2 pts behind Pitt with 2 games less played, so realistically, they are likely to be in first or tied for first when they do catch up in the games played.

Holtby has been amazing, and getting Oshie and Niskannan back have been huge.  Ovie is playing much better too. 

It's a crying shame that Trotz hasn't won a cup, he's one of the best coaches in the league.  I hope the Caps get him one...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users