#41 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,459 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:06 AM

They are playing great .....

So and I going to the game on Saturday ....

Enjoy!

My brother in law gets tickets from the dealership he works for, and we are planning on going to a game soon.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#42 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,098 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:08 AM

Good game last night, lots of scoring.

#43 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,459 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:51 AM

Good game last night, lots of scoring.

Yeah, some sloppy defense,sign of a bored team.
The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#44 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,162 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:43 PM

I was there, sitting a few rows behind the glass in end where the shoot twice ......

Exciting game, 7 of the 10 goals scored less than 50 feet in front of me ......

The game winner was especially cool watching it dribble in like it was in slow motion .....

Fun night, exciting game .....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#45 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,162 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:14 PM

Lucky to be down only 1 after 1st ....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#46 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,459 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:33 AM

Caps aquire Shattenkirk from the Blues for Zach Sanford.  I did not see this one coming, at all.  Some people were really high on Sanford, others not so much.  Given the Caps depth with prospects, he was certainly expendable.  There's a lot of reasons for the move though, from the expansion draft to Alzner being a UFA, and mostly, selling out to win the Cup this season.  The Caps were already the top defensive team in the league, and just added one of the top defenders in the league.  Yikes.

Edited by alienrace, 28 February 2017 - 09:33 AM.

#47 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,459 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:48 AM

Shattenkirk looked great in his first game as a Cap, made some great plays! 

Caps just dominated the Rags after the 1st, despite having Oshie, Orpik and Burakovsky out.  Definitely most impressive game after the break.  There were times it was a serious onslaught.

#48 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,704 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

Shattenkirk looked great in his first game as a Cap, made some great plays! 

Caps just dominated the Rags after the 1st, despite having Oshie, Orpik and Burakovsky out.  Definitely most impressive game after the break.  There were times it was a serious onslaught.

I haven't followed the Caps since I moved back to Baltimore. But I think I'll go out of my way to watch the Stanley Cup tournament. I suffered through years of heartbreaking defeats. And even though I stopped being an avid fan, I would love to see them hoist up the cup. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#49 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,098 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

Caps aquire Shattenkirk from the Blues for Zach Sanford.  I did not see this one coming, at all.  Some people were really high on Sanford, others not so much.  Given the Caps depth with prospects, he was certainly expendable.  There's a lot of reasons for the move though, from the expansion draft to Alzner being a UFA, and mostly, selling out to win the Cup this season.  The Caps were already the top defensive team in the league, and just added one of the top defenders in the league.  Yikes.

At this point, selling out to improve in the playoffs is fine by me.

I haven't followed the Caps since I moved back to Baltimore. But I think I'll go out of my way to watch the Stanley Cup tournament. I suffered through years of heartbreaking defeats. And even though I stopped being an avid fan, I would love to see them hoist up the cup. 

The suffering may not end.  :mellow:

#50 veritas

veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45,472 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:12 AM

Ovechkin should sit in the press box a few games.  He looks horrible.

Ne Nuntium Necare

#51 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,459 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

Getting Burakovsky back was big.  Their slide was seemingly very coincidental with his departure.

Now two very impressive wins, and they are back to their former high level, just in time.

#52 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,162 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:11 PM

Getting Burakovsky back was big. Their slide was seemingly very coincidental with his departure.

Or shattenekirk joining the team ....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#53 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,162 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:26 PM

Big game on now with blue jackets ....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#54 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,162 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

Horrible play by shattenekirk ....

Lucky cbj didn't score there...
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#55 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,162 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

Carlsons turn to make a horrible play a minute after we tie it up ....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#56 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,459 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:36 AM

Riding a five game win streak now :D

Last night's game was a huge win, and overcoming a crazy lucky goal, and a goal that tied the game that the ref's should have clearly overturned.  In fact, you have to even wonder why replay exists when they couldn't see how very clearly offsides the Wild player was on that goal.  There is no way they could have been looking at that and thought that it was onsides.  He was at least a foot, maybe two offsides.

Anyway, Ovi getting a hat trick, and Oshie getting the other two, the Caps are back to having the gas on the pedal.  Going to need it, CBJ is right on their heels.

#57 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,098 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

Didn't see the whole game.  Hard hitting between the Wild player getting hit with the high stick and Wilson getting bloodied in the payback fight.

#58 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,459 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

Didn't see the whole game.  Hard hitting between the Wild player getting hit with the high stick and Wilson getting bloodied in the payback fight.

Wilson took the guy down and got in good shot, then when they were being separated the Wild player sucker punched him several times in the face. 

That game really pissed me off, TBH.  Very one-sided reffing, and the very, very, very obvious offsides on the game tying goal was infuriating.  My wife and I had some colorful language at that point, and then some "Up yours" language when Oshie got the game winner in OT. 

Some times the NHL officiating seems extremely "tainted" if you ask me.  It needs to be cleaned up for sure.

#59 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,162 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

Big win tonight in Columbus .....

Good gamw, wild last 5 minutes.....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#60 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,459 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:56 PM

Hell yeah! Really needed that one after the blooper reel game against the Yotes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users